Science Hill QB quits team

bucdaddio

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Monica has been busy lately. She'll fire it up tonight though. You know she gonna be loud mouthin' ya Cap. I know you lookin' forward to it. That's the way it is in the trenches. You dog fight all night. While the purty boys play.

So Skunk, Moronandgrey, and youes boys are all boys? Well how quaint. That's alright. You still got one at the 'Castle though, yeah? I got it narrowed down now. Yeah. Well me and Volman's boys have been boys since they was boys. Allright...let's get it done so we can get done to business.

I have to say though that in all sincerity that no one deserves to endure what's going on in JC right now. I really feel for all involved. Not much can be said when the situation goes out of control. Just hang on and see where it sets down. That kind of stuff ain't supposed to happen to a 16 year old.

Your last paragraph is spot on.

This kid will be QB of an intramural football team in college. There never was enough talent here to justify all the moves between schools. I feel sorry for the kid and think the dad is not wise for making him quit with two games to go in the season but maybe there is more to the story than meets the eye.

One non-JC QB / Dad comment: This is another example of how Gilligan is overmatched. 1A is not 5A. I really don't think Coach Smith will survive at the Hill.

Your last paragraph is spot on.

This kid will be QB of an intramural football team in college. There never was enough talent here to justify all the moves between schools. I feel sorry for the kid and think the dad is not wise for making him quit with two games to go in the season but maybe there is more to the story than meets the eye.

One non-JC QB / Dad comment: This is another example of how Gilligan is overmatched. 1A is not 5A. I really don't think Coach Smith will survive at the Hill.

And so was the sentiment of most.

Most mortals would not. He has arrived at his defining moment. He will break through to greatness...or concede to mediocrity. He did not envision what lifes challenge laid before him when he took this job.

And so was the sentiment of most.

Most mortals would not. He has arrived at his defining moment. He will break through to greatness...or concede to mediocrity. He did not envision what lifes challenge laid before him when he took this job.

As long as he gets rid of the goofy hat, he'll be alright /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

As long as he gets rid of the goofy hat, he'll be alright /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Looks like a public school coach needs to work a little bit harder. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

How green is that grass looking now, Batman?

Who will get the pink slip first? Cutlip or Smitty? /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

My bad. But is it fair to say that it would be a stretch for Skunk to have been implying that his father would be protecting (protecting being the key word) his son from a GOOD situation? And forgive me for asking this, but it seems as if you and Skunk may have an inside track on this “situation” and are very tight lipped. Is there a possibility we may see Sharp wearing maroon and gray next season?

No danger of him coming our way. After hearing Topvol and others talk about the better qb had not been playing....I was secretly hoping that Smith would keep him in there at least until after Nov2. At least we knew what to expect. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

No danger of him coming our way. After hearing Topvol and others talk about the better qb had not been playing....I was secretly hoping that Smith would keep him in there at least until after Nov2. At least we knew what to expect. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Not necessarily better but a wider skill set. The biggest grip I've had was about the transferring and being given the job. I think he had played bad enough to see a change.

Not necessarily better but a wider skill set. The biggest grip I've had was about the transferring and being given the job. I think he had played bad enough to see a change.

I have to agree with you that with some of the information that has come to light (ie inquiring about a transfer to HV) that there was something in the works. Sad. It isn't fair to the kids that have given it all to the team to have a kid quit on them when the chips are down. I have to admire your contolled handling of this whole roller coaster ride and keeping it to facts when you could have easily handled it similar to the parents involved. Especially after the long long ride back from Jacksboro! I doubt I would have been as collected as you are in light of the fact the seniors are havng to endure this as there last moments wearing the Topper uniforms...especially if I had a kid on the team. I also agree that it isn't fair to the kids that have been with this program through it all to have a kid transfer in when the road looks paved and get the nod. As you said the proof was there to justify a change...I just wish they would have waited til after the DB game /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

I guess I've read about all I can from this thread.

Greg Sharp was my line coach while I was at Boone. He is one of the most intelligent and caring coaches that I ever played for while at Boone. With that said, I don't know what happened at SH. I've heard the stories. I don't know what happened at Boone with Daniel, just that he ended up at SH. I don't like the fact that something happened so that he jumped ship, but then again it isn't any of my business.

The season has gone by and I've heard the same thing again and again from the fans. Blame, blame, blame, blame. I haven't been at the games, I haven't talked with fans who know everything about the team, but all I hear is blame blame blame.

I don't know, haven't been around, it sounds like there was a lot of stuff going on that a lot of outsiders won't know. I can't sit here and defend Greg Sharp while I don't know what happened, but I will say that he will have my respect forever because of what he did while I was there.

I really dont' want to be trumpeting my horn but I've been questioning the decision making of the daddy since the son transferred and was declared elgible to play. The dad has coached at both Science Hill and Daniel Boone and there has been questions about how the transfers were handled at both places but I was dismissed about having sour grapes. My concern was that this dad and kid was getting to do things that other kids would not be able to do and my concern was becasue he was "in the network". Not many of the kids liked him because they didn't have respect for him because he didn't stick it out. I think it would be hard for him to be able to transfer to any school now and I'm not sure if that's the plan but it would seem awful good time to make the "incident" the reasoning behind one when it's been posted that they had inquired two weeks ago about transferring to Happy Valley. I wouldn't put it past them but I've never trusted their intentions in the first place.

As far as the legality of the transfer, I questioned it myself, but was just recently informed that it was legal.

You do not have to sit out if you moved into the other school district, so it's really just as simple as renting a cheap apartment somewhere, so that your name is on a lease. Happens all the time around here, much more than you might think.

I do think he is a good kid. I don't know if the talent level is as high as all the transferring might suggest. I assumed it was for playing time, and if you don't get playing time, who knows really what your talent level could be? What I do believe, is that there is very little chance that anything will come out of the quitting, or all the transferring, that will help this young man later in life, which is where we all end up once that last football season is over.................