Science Hill QB quits team

bucdaddio

How you figure?

The daddy said he made the decision for his son to quit.

He's moved after his freshman and sophomore seasons, and looks to move again after his junior season.

Why should there be compassion and empathy? This is a textbook case of overbaord parent.

My guess is that less that 120 yards a game passing isn't good enough for his son's college recruitment.

Absolutely.

Right on the money.

THE SQUAD /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My limited understanding is that there was a confrontation by a parent to a player after the game and possibly there have been other situations that dad thought were more than son should have to attempt to deal with and thus the decision was made.

I understand having children in "tough" situations and the pressures they can feel participating in sports and gaining the hoped for lessons of life from these ventures...some parents may see things differently for their children and being that these are still children we are talking about, the parent(s) gets to make many of the calls on what takes place...my children were never allowed to quit, but I am not trying to raise other people's kids...everyone parents differently, I'm just saying there are an awful lot of decisions and declarations being posted when we don't know the entire story to even come close to trying to develope an opinion...

Cap how is the college hoopster's leg?...mine just tore his ACL last Friday at practice

Roll Tribe Roll

My limited understanding is that there was a confrontation by a parent to a player after the game and possibly there have been other situations that dad thought were more than son should have to attempt to deal with and thus the decision was made.

I understand having children in "tough" situations and the pressures they can feel participating in sports and gaining the hoped for lessons of life from these ventures...some parents may see things differently for their children and being that these are still children we are talking about, the parent(s) gets to make many of the calls on what takes place...my children were never allowed to quit, but I am not trying to raise other people's kids...everyone parents differently, I'm just saying there are an awful lot of decisions and declarations being posted when we don't know the entire story to even come close to trying to develope an opinion...

Cap how is the college hoopster's leg?...mine just tore his ACL last Friday at practice

Roll Tribe Roll

Don't forget about daddy sharps confrontation with Coach Smith immediately after the game. Before Coach talked to the team.

I really dont' want to be trumpeting my horn but I've been questioning the decision making of the daddy since the son transferred and was declared elgible to play. The dad has coached at both Science Hill and Daniel Boone and there has been questions about how the transfers were handled at both places but I was dismissed about having sour grapes. My concern was that this dad and kid was getting to do things that other kids would not be able to do and my concern was becasue he was "in the network". Not many of the kids liked him because they didn't have respect for him because he didn't stick it out. I think it would be hard for him to be able to transfer to any school now and I'm not sure if that's the plan but it would seem awful good time to make the "incident" the reasoning behind one when it's been posted that they had inquired two weeks ago about transferring to Happy Valley. I wouldn't put it past them but I've never trusted their intentions in the first place.

Roll Tribe Roll

OMG…I hate to hear that!! Mine is still healing but should be ready come game time. They have an exhibition game this weekend so we will know more after that, but thanks for asking.

Skunk there are very few posters on here that can pull my reigns back…and you are one of them. THANKS!! I was trying to hold onto that 1000th post for the South game but this thread is the most excitement there has been on coacht form me in weeks and I couldn't resist jumping in with both feet. Thanks for letting me know that the water is obviously deeper than I thought. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Roll Tribe Roll

Skunk

I hate to hear that for him. I actually was on there website the other day checking out when the season was cranking up.

Cap

Is yours hurt as well? I heard they are playing at Southern Ill..is that an exhibition? Doesn't Pitts has a kid from BA on there?

Skunk

I hate to hear that for him. I actually was on there website the other day checking out when the season was cranking up.

Cap

Is yours hurt as well? I heard they are playing at Southern Ill..is that an exhibition? Doesn't Pitts has a kid from BA on there?

maroonandgrey,

King and LMU play @ Southern Illinois...LMU also plays at UT and MTSU...and yes Coach Pitts has a former Brentwood player in Joshua Bone @ SIU...

topvol98,

I have enjoyed your posts all season...your enthusiasm is contagious and your love and pride obvious, for both child and program...my post was merely a response to the comments made previously and again without all of the facts, I should have kept my mouth shut, too...there probably isn't an innocent party in the situation...the bad thing is there is a situation...high school sports ought to be fun...a lot of work and dedication and excitement and disappointment, but still yet fun...keep your support strong...good luck

Cap,

I think we have both seen many times that there are so many cameras in use that the picture is never really as clear as it needs to be...someone always has a different angle that changes the focus (can you tell I was raised in a Kodak family with all the picture references?...ha,ha)...it is just bad for everyone in J.C. and people like topvol98 who really care can and will make a difference...now you will have to get post 1012 ready for South...good luck in that one...

Roll Tribe Roll

maroonandgrey,

King and LMU play @ Southern Illinois...LMU also plays at UT and MTSU...and yes Coach Pitts has a former Brentwood player in Joshua Bone @ SIU...

topvol98,

I have enjoyed your posts all season...your enthusiasm is contagious and your love and pride obvious, for both child and program...my post was merely a response to the comments made previously and again without all of the facts, I should have kept my mouth shut, too...there probably isn't an innocent party in the situation...the bad thing is there is a situation...high school sports ought to be fun...a lot of work and dedication and excitement and disappointment, but still yet fun...keep your support strong...good luck

Cap,

I think we have both seen many times that there are so many cameras in use that the picture is never really as clear as it needs to be...someone always has a different angle that changes the focus (can you tell I was raised in a Kodak family with all the picture references?...ha,ha)...it is just bad for everyone in J.C. and people like topvol98 who really care can and will make a difference...now you will have to get post 1012 ready for South...good luck in that one...

Roll Tribe Roll

Thaks and there are really no one that has their hands clean in this situation especially the AD who was very naive to believe that there would not be a problem. I was just adding another piece to the puzzle. I dont' know what was said betweend sharpe and Coach Smith just that it wasn't the right time or place. I have more working knowldege what happen between the kid and the parent but didn't think it was the whole reasonoing behind the quitting. I alwyays welcome your post and as backhanded as it sounds ( not in any way intended to be) your one of the most objective DB posters around and I look forward to our game week starting immediately after the Karns game.