South vs. Tennessee High

THSVikings2004

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I look for Stubb(orn)s to throw the ball. Of all things. Just to try and spread it out a bit. And then come back up the middle. Mind you...the Stacy Carter imagination is not idle. Many of you speak as if we are not aware of the circumstances. Temps in the 30's. It will feel colder in Death Valley.

If this wasnt for the MLC title I probably wouldnt be there just because the temp is going to be rough as it is but in Death Valley....unbearable!!! /ohmy.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" />

But really...my take on the game is Curt is a great athlete, but he is not superman. Like the media would like everyone to believe. This is not the first time we have faced him and i really do not believe it will be the last.

He has run roughshod over the league most of the year, but he will not see your typical MLC defense Fri. night.

These boys are very physical and fast and good tacklers, not saying he won,t make some plays, but can he make enough plays. I don,t think so. I've seen both teams play this year and we have yet to play our best or a complete game. On offense that is.

Some games were terrible to watch at times, but we still managed to win by 2-3 scores. But the D is another story.

But the O is starting to click now. South looks a little weak agianst the run, not good for south.

Allot of people are saying south will put up 42 /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> Well hate to disapoint , but it Ain,t gonna happen..period.

Should be a whale of a game /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> but I will say Viks 24 south 21 Play-action for the Viks will be the deference /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

the Viks? Shouldn't that be Vikes? /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

the Viks? Shouldn't that be Vikes? /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

yep..my bad /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> big fingers little key syndrome /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

The MLC game of the year or at least I hpoe. Big O V. Big D. I hope I am wrong about this game, but I do not see it as a close game. My South contacts have assured me the win is a done deal. Fireworks have been scheduled to celebrate a third MLC title. I do not think the much talked about Viking Defense can stop Phillips and company. The last time the Vikings ran into a Division 1 qb was 04 in Maryville and we know how that turned out. Phillips to the left Phillips to the right and then up the middle and then the air assault will be unleashed. I have heard a ray of hope, rumor has it the Vikings have a offensive suprise they have been working on for the last four weeks. I hope it will be a great game. A true battle for a championship but........Rebels 38 Vikings 19

Good luck to both, and to both regardless of the out come great seasons.

Stubbs will do as Stubbs does, and that is run it down your throat until you stop him. No need for surprises there in this game because South hasn’t (really) proven that they have been able to consistently stop the run. The real meat of the game will be the #1 defense in the conference (statistically the #3 4A defense in the State according to points allowed) against the #1 offense in the conference (statistically the #1 4A offense in the State according to points scored). This is where the game will be won or lost. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> Some say that South’s success and ranking has come on the back of Curt Philips, and team stats would tend to agree. Therefore I think the focus of our defense will be to stop Curt from making plays with his feet (something that nobody including Greeneville has truly been able to do this year). South hopefuls will have you to believe that their fate doesn’t necessarily rely on Curt’s performance. I for one hope the Viking D will give us all a chance to fined out!!!

The MLC game of the year or at least I hpoe. Big O V. Big D. I hope I am wrong about this game, but I do not see it as a close game. My South contacts have assured me the win is a done deal. Fireworks have been scheduled to celebrate a third MLC title. I do not think the much talked about Viking Defense can stop Phillips and company. The last time the Vikings ran into a Division 1 qb was 04 in Maryville and we know how that turned out. Phillips to the left Phillips to the right and then up the middle and then the air assault will be unleashed. I have heard a ray of hope, rumor has it the Vikings have a offensive suprise they have been working on for the last four weeks. I hope it will be a great game. A true battle for a championship but........Rebels 38 Vikings 19

You are speaking of two totally different instances. Maryville also had other D1 prospects on that team and I don???t believe that that is the case in this game. In the case of this years South team the D1 QB accounts for at least half of the TEAMS touchdowns all by himself???and I???m talking straight up carry the ball into the end zone for 6 (22 of them to be exact)!!!! And that???s not even to mention the many TD connections that he made through the air. As good as Maryville???s QB was that year he was merely a piston in a finely tuned engine where as Curt could be considered the drive shaft for South. I respect your opinion that the Viking defense is overrated and won???t be able to slow the D1 prospect, but in the same breath respectfully disagree. Some say defense wins games, but obviously (as we all saw this passed weekend) somebody forgot to tell Tom Brady!!! /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> I will change that fraise just a tad and say that ???EFFECTIVE defense wins games??????now I could agree with that. By the way (IMO) Maryville???s swarming D is what set the pace of that game???not their QB. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

... The real meat of the game will be the #1 defense in the conference (statistically the #3 4A defense in the State according to points allowed) against the #1 offense in the conference (statistically the #1 4A offense in the State according to points scored)....

I think this is going to be a great game. With 2 exceptions, both teams have the same schedule. Per the stats, after 9 games: SS holds a +100 yd avg/game edge in Passing. SS holds a +10 yd avg/game edge in rushing. TH holds a +20 yd avg/game edge in Pass Defense. TH holds a +45 yd avg/game in Rush Defense. As for Scoring Offense, SS holds the edge by +20 pts avg/game. TH holds a slight edge in Scoring Defense (pts allowed) but it is only +4 pts avg/game differential. The game will be decided on the field, not on Coach T, and when the smoke clears, it'll be the team who has the best game plan, who has prepared better--mentally, and who executes the off.and def. game plan better. At this point in the season, both teams have perfected their skills and techniques about as far as they can. Now, it's about mental preparation, game plan, and execution.

Good luck to both---pray for no injuries, as both are playoff bound-----

Go Rebels:::::::::

Can't blame you for picking South to win, but comparing the 2007 South team to the 2004 Maryville team is ridiculous. Sure Philips is a great quarterback, but I bet they would fail to match up at every other position with Maryville. Cade Thompson was only part of Maryville's offense. They had other extremely good players such as Childs, Byner, Tank Baker, Ryan Tallent. Their defense was outstanding as well with guys like Gary Tucker. And that kicker, it feels like he was there forever. On top of that they never beat themselves with penalties and turnovers.