Science Hill @ Dobyns-Bennett

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To 'Topper fans, the kids in Kingsport are not taking this game lightly. This is the first time in years I've seen a Dobyns-Bennett squad take the one game at a time approach. I love it. This may be one of the best team teams in recent memory (sure, less talent, but work together tremendously). I must say, if Karns and Campbell Co. can beat you, let alone stay in the game with you, there are issues. With respect to topvol98, I'll leave it at that. Hungry or not, the tribe will be on the warpath Friday night.

plowboy2, what will it take for Ring (#7, SR) to prove himself to you? Throw balls through a moving hoola-hoop from various distances? He is not Duran Ferguson, Brent Mears, or Scott Butler.

Next year, I agree with Tribefb and ArtVandalay that Sensabaugh (#32, FR) will be the tailback, Lawson (#45, JR) the fullback, and Sylvester (#2, JR) in the slot. Heck, who knows what the offense will be next year, very well could be an option style with Crawford (#10, JR) at quarterback.

I'll have to respectfully disagree with moving CS to fullback and starting JS at tailback.I think we are set at tailback{Chris}.Why would you go backwards or might I say sideways at tailback?Use Justin on defense where he is very important.You have a true fullback backing up Lane Taylor now.You can use JS at slot,he is a great athlete.

I didnt say that is what I would do, but what GC tries. I agree with you, but I bet GC tries it. It also depends on how many lbs CS puts on. He has the potential to get "big". Who would have thought it would take GC 4 games to move up under center. 45 shouldnt be a back up now. 33 needs to play D and focus all energy on D. Some of DB's best fullbacks in past years did not play both ways. Why, because a true fullback needs a rest. Some of those guys go from O to kick off to D and never rest. Come playoff time, that will end DB along with punting. Note: not had to do much punting in the past game and it will show come pressure time. (both us punting, 20 yds, us trying to block em every time and a returner not knowing when to fair catch and when to run hurt us on our losses).

I didnt say that is what I would do, but what GC tries. I agree with you, but I bet GC tries it. It also depends on how many lbs CS puts on. He has the potential to get "big". Who would have thought it would take GC 4 games to move up under center. 45 shouldnt be a back up now. 33 needs to play D and focus all energy on D. Some of DB's best fullbacks in past years did not play both ways. Why, because a true fullback needs a rest. Some of those guys go from O to kick off to D and never rest. Come playoff time, that will end DB along with punting. Note: not had to do much punting in the past game and it will show come pressure time. (both us punting, 20 yds, us trying to block em every time and a returner not knowing when to fair catch and when to run hurt us on our losses).

TOTAL BULL _ _ _ _ !

Chris is way to valuable at tailback for the coaches to let him {get big },he has three more years to stay in tailback shape.They might as well let Crawford and Roop gain 50lbs, then put the three of them on the offensive line.We would be better off watching for a fake on punts and not having anyone back.

Science Hill is terrible and all DB has is Chris. but the thing is DB could take SH lightly and SH could come up with the upset. i really hope this doesnt happen but if it does i wouldnt be that surprised. but i believe DB will take this one and take this one big by atleast 21. 35-14 Chris will score 3 and then the backups will get some in garbage time.

/hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

DB has one of the best defenses in the state.They have a much improved and healthy offensive line as well as good athletes all over the field.The coaches are well aware that they must be able to pass against the good teams,and they work on it every day.Chris is a fine back,but they will put 7 to 9 up close to stop us.I knew we would do a much better job running the ball against weaker teams,and so did GC.He is pretty dang smart and has worked on those parts of the game that he didn't have to in the last few weeks.I will tell every one on this board,DB will not let this game be taken lightly.

To 'Topper fans, the kids in Kingsport are not taking this game lightly. This is the first time in years I've seen a Dobyns-Bennett squad take the one game at a time approach. I love it. This may be one of the best team teams in recent memory (sure, less talent, but work together tremendously). I must say, if Karns and Campbell Co. can beat you, let alone stay in the game with you, there are issues. With respect to topvol98, I'll leave it at that. Hungry or not, the tribe will be on the warpath Friday night.

plowboy2, what will it take for Ring (#7, SR) to prove himself to you? Throw balls through a moving hoola-hoop from various distances? He is not Duran Ferguson, Brent Mears, or Scott Butler.

Next year, I agree with Tribefb and ArtVandalay that Sensabaugh (#32, FR) will be the tailback, Lawson (#45, JR) the fullback, and Sylvester (#2, JR) in the slot. Heck, who knows what the offense will be next year, very well could be an option style with Crawford (#10, JR) at quarterback.

I believe that kids in both camps are taking the game very seriously. There are alot of kids at Science Hill who knows that this may be their last time ever playing football and this season has left them disappointing so this game is an opportunity to be remembered for more than Scott Smith's first team.

...this season has left them disappointed so this game is an opportunity to be remembered for more than Scott Smith's first team.

topvol98, I never thought about it in the perspective. If that's the only thing they remember I really feel for the kids. I can see them a few years down the road when somebody asks them how they did thier senior year and they say, "we had all the talent in the world, all the opportunity in the world, got a new coach, and he blew it". Sad day.

I believe that kids in both camps are taking the game very seriously. There are alot of kids at Science Hill who knows that this may be their last time ever playing football and this season has left them disappointing so this game is an opportunity to be remembered for more than Scott Smith's first team.

I do feel for the kids at SH or any other school that have to endure a season like they have had.I wish your seniors all the best after this year is over.The coach over there has hit on some bad notes and will learn in time.You guys have allways had talent and will have glory days ahead,if he is the coach or not.

I have to disagree with all these lofty point spreads. Nobody has beat Science Hill that bad all year and it ain't gonna happen Friday night. I look for Science Hill to have their best game of the year against DB. They have nothing to lose and nothing to hide from some teams playoff scouts. Their new starting QB now has one game under his belt and will play much better this week. Look for Smith to roll the dice more than once in this game. With the atletes they have all they have to do is get lucky on one play and it could change everything. Look for their first kickoff to be onsides. This is the game that Gilligan and all of Science Hill has been pointing to all season. Didn't he say he was going to set asside a portion of every practice just for DB at the beginning of the season? If so they should be more than prepared for this game.

DB - 13

Science Hill - 10