Science Hill @ Dobyns-Bennett

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

D-B has actually won 14 straight but over a 13 year period of time...for those a little numerically challenged (like myself) they played twice in one year (playoffs).

Roll Tribe Roll

Skunk, FYI, you having had several boys at DB now and past they may know Jonathan Metcalf. They can go to www.caringbridge.org/visit/jonmetcalf and get updates on his progress. It doesnt sound to good. Need some prayers guys.

This is a tough one because I really don't know what to expect from the Science Hill offense in the way of play calling. From what info I do have and reading the papers the last couple of days, I'm scared that we will see the same play calling from the Bearden game when the game plan was to shorten the game by trying to run the ball and that wasn't succesful at all. I know the kids thought they had be give up on in that game and this is the wrong game for them to be feeling that way because I know that the coaches at db have felt insulted by comments ( that were taken way out of context) by Coach Smith. I believe that if the coaches have confidence in the players and call the game within the system that it will give the Hilltoppers a boost of enthusiasm and let them leave it out on the field. I know that db has a good defense and will try to confuse the Topper offense with blitzes, stunts and whatever else they can think up but there are some playmakers on the offense that can make you pay from anywhere on the field. I know this group feels like it has something to prove and want to go out showing people what could have been. I really believe that db's offense plays into the strength of Science Hill's defense. I believe that Sensabaugh to be a beast but this defense can really get to the ball when they know where the ball is, the veer and option have given the defense the toughest times in the losing streak. Tn High, Jeff Co, Campbell Co and Karns it was there offense and they never had to get out of it because they never got too far behind where they needed to so if the defense can get an assist from the offense so that they can force db to throw then it's a whole new game. I haven't heard too much about db running from anything but the I-formation. Misdirection has given teams the opportunity to get outside and have this defense thinking too much. I'm not sure that this will be the case tonight. I would be really surprised to not see the defense play really well tonight. I believe that if they can force db into throwing then it will be a step in the right direction for the Toppers to stay in the game. This one boils down to the psyche of the kids...if the majority can't get up for this game and have quit, then it will be long bus ride home tonight. If they come out fighting and follow the lead of the senior leadership then it's gonna be a succesful tonight regardless of the scoreboard. If the Toppers come to win on offense, they win by 4......If the Toppers are playing to keep it close and run the clock out, they wont get within 10.

/dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" concern?

of the visitors side, not the concenssion stands....

D-B has actually won 14 straight but over a 13 year period of time...for those a little numerically challenged (like myself) they played twice in one year (playoffs).

Roll Tribe Roll

A win tonight will be #14. GMan started coaching in '93 and DB won. '94 was the Toppers last victory, in JC.

DB has strung together vicories from '95-06, with 2 victories coming in '98. That's 13 games. But who is counting. I'm going to be counting the yards rushing the Indians gain tonight, can they get 300 again?

Roll Tribe Roll

This is a tough one because I really don't know what to expect from the Science Hill offense in the way of play calling. From what info I do have and reading the papers the last couple of days, I'm scared that we will see the same play calling from the Bearden game when the game plan was to shorten the game by trying to run the ball and that wasn't succesful at all. I know the kids thought they had be give up on in that game and this is the wrong game for them to be feeling that way because I know that the coaches at db have felt insulted by comments ( that were taken way out of context) by Coach Smith. I believe that if the coaches have confidence in the players and call the game within the system that it will give the Hilltoppers a boost of enthusiasm and let them leave it out on the field. I know that db has a good defense and will try to confuse the Topper offense with blitzes, stunts and whatever else they can think up but there are some playmakers on the offense that can make you pay from anywhere on the field. I know this group feels like it has something to prove and want to go out showing people what could have been. I really believe that db's offense plays into the strength of Science Hill's defense. I believe that Sensabaugh to be a beast but this defense can really get to the ball when they know where the ball is, the veer and option have given the defense the toughest times in the losing streak. Tn High, Jeff Co, Campbell Co and Karns it was there offense and they never had to get out of it because they never got too far behind where they needed to so if the defense can get an assist from the offense so that they can force db to throw then it's a whole new game. I haven't heard too much about db running from anything but the I-formation. Misdirection has given teams the opportunity to get outside and have this defense thinking too much. I'm not sure that this will be the case tonight. I would be really surprised to not see the defense play really well tonight. I believe that if they can force db into throwing then it will be a step in the right direction for the Toppers to stay in the game. This one boils down to the psyche of the kids...if the majority can't get up for this game and have quit, then it will be long bus ride home tonight. If they come out fighting and follow the lead of the senior leadership then it's gonna be a succesful tonight regardless of the scoreboard. If the Toppers come to win on offense, they win by 4......If the Toppers are playing to keep it close and run the clock out, they wont get within 10.of the visitors side, not the concenssion stands....

FYI to the Topper fans

There is a traffic problem with an overturned tracotr trailor on I-81 at the I-26/I-81 interchange. Radio says both directions of traffic flow on I-81 are stopped and I have even heard that I-26 West bound is snarled. If you are coming to the game you may want to leave early and/or find an alternate route.

FYI to the Topper fans

There is a traffic problem with an overturned tracotr trailor on I-81 at the I-26/I-81 interchange. Radio says both directions of traffic flow on I-81 are stopped and I have even heard that I-26 West bound is snarled. If you are coming to the game you may want to leave early and/or find an alternate route.

The problem is there is really no alternate route to kingsport from JC.