MILAN @ WESTVIEW

Futball4Life

I'll never forget the game in '97. You guys have the lead when Nick Hampton lines up a fullback and takes a screen pass 65 yards to paydirt as time expires. We had some great games back then. I believe that year you had Roberson (26) at runninback (I think he had a younger brother that was a WR). There was also another kid that played safety and tailback....his # was 34 but cant remember his name, someone educate me. Also your QB #10 was a heck of a player. I remember he got really sick and was in the hospital for some time. How's he now?

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Look for Coady to throw some trick plays in at Morris and them Dawgs!! The Griggs kid is a solid D-1 Prospect! since it's week 10 - both teams will be solid defensively and the Chargers are chomping at the bit to limit the Milan running game /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" /> Sources have comfirmed the Chargers are putting in a "special defensive game plan for the Dawgs this week.. It's kinda like mold -- whenever you try to get rid of it - it always consumes ya /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

I'll never forget the game in '97. You guys have the lead when Nick Hampton lines up a fullback and takes a screen pass 65 yards to paydirt as time expires. We had some great games back then. I believe that year you had Roberson (26) at runninback (I think he had a younger brother that was a WR). There was also another kid that played safety and tailback....his # was 34 but cant remember his name, someone educate me. Also your QB #10 was a heck of a player. I remember he got really sick and was in the hospital for some time. How's he now?

Yes, that year we were loaded. We had Kelton Roberson as our starting RB, and his younger brother Doc played WR and CB. And I want to say that #34 was Victor Kidd...I do remember him playing running back, and I know his defensive position was FS. And #10 was Harris Jones. He was an excellent QB...good size, good strenght, and a great arm. He also had good QB vision and awarness, as well as excellent pocket presence. But sadly he was diagnosed with leukemia, and was put in the hospital. But today he is doin much better. I remember when he got sick, Matt Simms became the starting QB, and boy could he play some football. He led Milan to 2 state championships, back to back...98 we won the 2A state title against a very good David Lipscomb team, and in 99 we moved to 3A going 15-0 to win the 3A title against a great Portland team. Now that was a game to see...

Ouch.

I agree 12yr.oldchamps, "OUCH"...

But it's okay Chevy, because even though we had to forfeit those 4 games, didn't we still do well in the end...yeah, I believe we did. If I am remembering this right, we had to win out our last 6 games to qualify for the playoffs. And what did the Bulldogs do?? Oh yeah, they overcame adversity and won the last 6 regular season games to go to the playoffs.....AGAIN!!!!! And, yeah...we made it to the semis to play a very good Goodpasture team, who we almost beat and probably should've beat. And where were you guys?? Oh, that's right...sitting at home, wishing you could be where the Dogs were. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Dude- you're a little bit off Milan Dog-- They weren't sittin' at home last year while you guys were playing.. This is Martin by the way.. THere is "always" something to do in this town /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> that is if you get the town's BIG BROTHER alliance to allow you to breathe /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

Anyhoo- I think it'll be Westview making the run this year.. with all them Sharon kids they've got coming over, it really has made this ballclub more talented than ever /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

You DAWGS betta' recognize!

Look for Coady to throw some trick plays in at Morris and them Dawgs!! The Griggs kid is a solid D-1 Prospect! since it's week 10 - both teams will be solid defensively and the Chargers are chomping at the bit to limit the Milan running game /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" /> Sources have comfirmed the Chargers are putting in a "special defensive game plan for the Dawgs this week.. It's kinda like mold -- whenever you try to get rid of it - it always consumes ya /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

I like surprises.

Look for Coady to throw some trick plays in at Morris and them Dawgs!! Sources have comfirmed the Chargers are putting in a "special defensive game plan for the Dawgs this week.

Trick plays are for teams that can't score any other way. Only "special" part of the defenses this week will be that there will be a lot of punting. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

THere is "always" something to do in this town. [sharon] really has made this ballclub more talented than ever.

At least we got Wal-Mart and McDonald's to keep busy with. How many of the Seniors this year went to Sharon?

ok guys why cant we just get along and face facts milan and westview are the two best team in 8 2a and it will be a great game but more importantly it will give the loser things to work on heading into the playoffs reguardless of what happens i wish westview the best unless they are playing my dogs and hope that if not the dogs wesview can bring home that gold ball to 8 2a that is all on another note were at 17 pages and its only wed dang