best d-1 prospects in w. tn

volfan007

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will Latham , 6-4 , 270 lbs , 4.8 - 40 yd . dash , plays center , def. tackle , def. end for Ripley Tigers . On The Ball Mag. - ALL WEST TENN . team , also top 200 Tn . high school players , 31 act. score , 3.9 g.p.a. , being recruited by 19 colleges ,UT , Memphis , Ole Miss. , Vandy , MTSU , U of Penn, , severa Ivy league schools , UT Martin , Bethel , Lambuth , Cumberland , So. Illn . and several more . He already been offered full rides for academics alone but he loves foot ball and wants to play . Any advise welcomed . Will's dad ,

As much as I hate to say this, you might consider looking at Notre Dame. They are well-known for both academics and athletics. There are a few other schools out there that have great academics and athletics, but I would lean toward the more academic schools with that good of an ACT score. Why not get the best education possible? Come to think of it, Vandy would be an excellent option if he wants to stay closer to home.

Will Latham , 6-4 , 270 lbs , 4.8 - 40 yd . dash , plays center , def. tackle , def. end for Ripley Tigers . On The Ball Mag. - ALL WEST TENN . team , also top 200 Tn . high school players , 31 act. score , 3.9 g.p.a. , being recruited by 19 colleges ,UT , Memphis , Ole Miss. , Vandy , MTSU , U of Penn, , severa Ivy league schools , UT Martin , Bethel , Lambuth , Cumberland , So. Illn . and several more . He already been offered full rides for academics alone but he loves foot ball and wants to play . Any advise welcomed . Will's dad ,

A guy I grew up with had similar credentials except for size and was a quarterback turned halfback and a safety on defense in the late '60's. He was offered a full ride by several SEC schools but, since he had already had one shoulder injury, he told Vanderbilt that if they would offer him an academic scholarship he would play football (that way if he were hurt and couldn't continue playing he could still get his education.) Vandy agreed and he played 4 years at Vandy and had a great career there as a defensive end. At the same time he got an education that has stood him well since then. He has become a very successful business man in Atlanta since that time.

He was an all SEC freshman team at def. end. And was honorable mention all SEC his junior season I believe it was then 2nd team All SEC his senior year as well as captain of the team. All that on an academic scholarship. His name was George Abernathy.

Your son sounds like the kind of young man who can write his own ticket. My advice in todays world would to be to get the best education possible and of the choices, I would have to advise Vanderbilt. Their football program is coming around now under coach Johnson and a degree from there is second to none.

No, I'm not a Vandy alumni and stumping for my old alma mater. If I had a kid in the same position that is exactly the same advice I would give them. Good Luck to him!!! But, it wouldn't hurt my feelings to see him in the Black and Gold either.

PS---Bethel's field is right behind my house and the school is three houses to my left. It's a pretty good place to go too and pretty sure I wouldn't mind seeing him there either. AND Bethel is ranked 4th in the nation in NAIA this week!! Bethel is also a good school depending on course of study. Black and Gold; Purple and Gold your choice!! Again, good luck.

i'd say that derrick carr, qb, from mckenzie is a true d-1 prospect. chad jordan from mckenzie is a possible d-1. greenfield has two jr.'s that could develop into d-1 prospects, and they are getting noticed. chase mcmullen is one of them. he's a 6'2" 235 lb. fullback-linebacker who can move. the other one is daniel ricketts....a 6'3" jumper with speed who has great hands and great concentration.

what do yall think?

Jordan is from Bruceton, but I do think he would be a good add to a team. I have been hearing really good things about the Theus kid from Henry Co.

PS---Bethel's field is right behind my house and the school is three houses to my left. It's a pretty good place to go too and pretty sure I wouldn't mind seeing him there either. AND Bethel is ranked 4th in the nation in NAIA this week!! Bethel is also a good school depending on course of study. Black and Gold; Purple and Gold your choice!! Again, good luck.

I spent many nights in your neighborhood. Man, those were the days. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

But, Bethel is really on the rise. They are a top tier NAIA program now. And they also are getting the attention of the NFL scouts. I think I heard Kaklis say 27 of the 32 NFL teams have sent scouts to either practice or a game.

Ricky Holloway from Fayette Ware will sign D-1 this year. Sam Shutt from Hardin Co. is 4A but he will sign D-1 also.

tigers67,

i meant to write bruceton. i dont know why mckenzie came out. i really dont know if jordan is a d-1 prospect or not. he might do well at say....utm...along with his teamate, alex matlock. someone told me that holloway from fayette ware is going to ole miss. is that true? where is sam shutt going?

Hanson has been offered by several D1 not sure who. Surprised Bledsoe isn't getting much attention. Moore has all the tools to play WR in college. Not sure about him. Most of our talent this year is in the SO and JR class.

Is Hudson getting any looks?

To be honest, I have not heard who Matt is talking to or who is showing interest in Matt.

I hope for the best for all of these tremendous athletes. I've seen most of these mentioned and gotta say West Tenn. isn't short on talent a lot of the guys are younger underclassmen.

"Will Latham , 6-4 , 270 lbs , 4.8 - 40 yd . dash , plays center , def. tackle , def. end for Ripley Tigers . On The Ball Mag. - ALL WEST TENN . team , also top 200 Tn . high school players , 31 act. score , 3.9 g.p.a. , being recruited by 19 colleges ,UT , Memphis , Ole Miss. , Vandy , MTSU , U of Penn, , severa Ivy league schools , UT Martin , Bethel , Lambuth , Cumberland , So. Illn . and several more . He already been offered full rides for academics alone but he loves foot ball and wants to play . Any advise welcomed . Will's dad ,"

Congrats to your son. He sounds like an excellent student, athlete, and son. I hope you are able to find the right place to settle on, and good luck on his choice.