Trousdale Co. Playoff Hopes

tigersnumberone

Hey Twan: Is that the best you can do?

Nah...actually I could do better.

Antwan did you find that funny? I still watch that winning kick cause I have that game on dvd I think you remember that night don't ya /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> I have no idea why this thread was even started when I saw this I thought TC always goes too playoffs so I had to read this and see what it was all about. I think it's about nothing myself. I guess whatever team does loose too RBS one day will be on ESPN hard too see TC doing that though. Ya never know though on an given Friday what could take place. You never doubt another team like someone said in an earlier post I hope I get this right if not you get the idea. Let an underdog hang around long enough he may bite back.

Yep...I thought that was funny. Congrats on the win last Friday.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Won't this depend on what G'ville and Watertown do next week? What's the scenario?

If Watertown wins then the region looks like this, no if's and's or but's about it.

Gordonsville

Friendship

Watertown

Trousdale.

If Monterey wins we go deep into the tie-breaker rules.

1st tie break-Region Records -tied

2nd tie break- Over All Records-tied

3rd tie breaker- Opponents over all record- Monterey wins due to non region games(York,Baxter,Harriman)

Sounds crazy I agree but it's true.

Go Wildcats !!!!!!!!!

He missed a step after 2 and before 3 but it doesn't matter because if monterey beats watertown they are all tied in that as well. It goes to Opponents overall record, Lets check those. If Monterey wins it would come out like this.

Gordonsville (pretty much has to lose to Clay County if they want to immitate Fulmer and snatch defeat from sudden victory)

Monterey (Opponents overall record is 50-40)

TC (Opponents overall record is 44-46)

FCS (Opponents overall record is 43-47)

Personally, I like either scenario. If watertown wins then South Pitt has to play all 3 of the big names from region 4, but Lookout valley would host Watertown and might make it out of the first round. If Monterey wins then I can garuntee we are gonna win at least 3 of 4, but then South Pitt doesn't have to play all three.

Yes i know that Watertown and Monterey fans will yell at me because I am acting as though TC, FCS, and Gordonsville are head and shoulders better than them and blah blah blah... Well fact is, that Monterey and Watertown haven't won playoff games in this Century, and probably alot longer. I think your good teams but I have my doubts come playoff time.

oh, and to answer the original question of the thread, unless Trousdale loses to Red Boiling Springs at the creekbank, they are in the playoffs.

If Watertown wins then the region looks like this, no if's and's or but's about it.

Gordonsville

Friendship

Watertown

Trousdale.

If Monterey wins we go deep into the tie-breaker rules.

He missed a step after 2 and before 3 but it doesn't matter because if monterey beats watertown they are all tied in that as well. It goes to Opponents overall record, Lets check those. If Monterey wins it would come out like this.

Gordonsville (pretty much has to lose to Clay County if they want to immitate Fulmer and snatch defeat from sudden victory)

Monterey (Opponents overall record is 50-40)

TC (Opponents overall record is 44-46)

FCS (Opponents overall record is 43-47)

Personally, I like either scenario. If watertown wins then South Pitt has to play all 3 of the big names from region 4, but Lookout valley would host Watertown and might make it out of the first round. If Monterey wins then I can garuntee we are gonna win at least 3 of 4, but then South Pitt doesn't have to play all three.

Yes i know that Watertown and Monterey fans will yell at me because I am acting as though TC, FCS, and Gordonsville are head and shoulders better than them and blah blah blah... Well fact is, that Monterey and Watertown haven't won playoff games in this Century, and probably alot longer. I think your good teams but I have my doubts come playoff time.

oh, and to answer the original question of the thread, unless Trousdale loses to Red Boiling Springs at the creekbank, they are in the playoffs.

One little correction...TC is @ RBS Other than that, you're dead on!! This playoff thing has

been explained a dozen times, but a few still keep getting it wrong.

Do ya think Fulmer saved his bacon, or was blowing a 21pt. lead just too much regardless?

One little correction...TC is @ RBS Other than that, you're dead on!! This playoff thing has

been explained a dozen times, but a few still keep getting it wrong.

Do ya think Fulmer saved his bacon, or was blowing a 21pt. lead just too much regardless?

Fulmer delayed his bacon. Tennessee needs only to beat a dismall Arkansas team @ Knoxville, a solid but still not great team called Vanderbilt @ Knoxville, and a suddenly no longer bulletproof Kentucky team @ kentucky. I know it sounds insane but if the vols can win those three games then Tennessee is playing in Atlanta for a shot at a BCS bowl bid. Why did I say all this? well in the past 50 years the vols have lost to vandy twice, we have beaten kentucky 22 times in a row, and arkansas is the only team in america who hates their coach more than vol fans. I think with this win over USC Fulmer just delayed anything bad. With the remaining schedule being what it is and all we have to do is beat those three teams, anything less than a trip to Atlanta is unexceptable.

I wouldn't under estimate coach Saterfield's team. So.Pitts. is looking forward to playing you guys from that region. Sounds as if the Pirates will get to play several if all goes as exspected.

Tenn was only lucking Saturday. I don't think they can win out playing football the way they are playing.

I wouldn't under estimate coach Saterfield's team. So.Pitts. is looking forward to playing you guys from that region. Sounds as if the Pirates will get to play several if all goes as exspected.

Tenn was only lucking Saturday. I don't think they can win out playing football the way they are playing.

I know SP is looking forward to this. However they have to escape injury against the hard hitting region 4 teams. All the region 4 teams drop the hammer every chance they get. A lot of OOOOOHs in every game. I think thats why region 4 has so many injuries this year. The teams are so closely matched. You definitely have to thank the man above when you escape a game without injury in region 4. I dont think I have seen an injury free game yet this year. One or the other team gets an injury. I dont recall the other regions being as physical. They are more into speed and finesse.

Fulmer delayed his bacon. Tennessee needs only to beat a dismall Arkansas team @ Knoxville, a solid but still not great team called Vanderbilt @ Knoxville, and a suddenly no longer bulletproof Kentucky team @ kentucky. I know it sounds insane but if the vols can win those three games then Tennessee is playing in Atlanta for a shot at a BCS bowl bid. Why did I say all this? well in the past 50 years the vols have lost to vandy twice, we have beaten kentucky 22 times in a row, and arkansas is the only team in america who hates their coach more than vol fans. I think with this win over USC Fulmer just delayed anything bad. With the remaining schedule being what it is and all we have to do is beat those three teams, anything less than a trip to Atlanta is unexceptable.

Go Hogs. Wooo pig Soooie.