ooltewah vs. Soddy Daisy

Ok, so this game will have it all. Soddy Daisy has nothing to lose. Ooltewah has the playoffs to lose. It is senior night for we Trojans. And the Owls have their playoff hopes riding on it. I have to say the Soddy hasnt played to badly against some great teams. We played real well when we played Red Bank. Held Oak Ridge to 1 first down in the first half. And was doin alright against Farragut.

The Owls have had a good season and can make the playoffs with a win. Brian Marshall has had a season that most backs could graduate happy with. Im not sure how their off-field incidents will play with their minds. I dont know much about Ooltewah so can somebody fill me in?

All I know is that this should be a slober-knocker and someone will walk away really happy, and someone else, not so much.

What do yall think?

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, so this game will have it all. Soddy Daisy has nothing to lose. Ooltewah has the playoffs to lose. It is senior night for we Trojans. And the Owls have their playoff hopes riding on it. I have to say the Soddy hasnt played to badly against some great teams. We played real well when we played Red Bank. Held Oak Ridge to 1 first down in the first half. And was doin alright against Farragut.

The Owls have had a good season and can make the playoffs with a win. Brian Marshall has had a season that most backs could graduate happy with. Im not sure how their off-field incidents will play with their minds. I dont know much about Ooltewah so can somebody fill me in?

All I know is that this should be a slober-knocker and someone will walk away really happy, and someone else, not so much.

What do yall think?

GO SODDY ! hope you guys can help out the CHEROKEES !

Ooltewah will win this game if we come with our heads in the right place. I'm sure Soddy will be playing their best to knock us out, but we will win by a small margin and advance to the playoffs.

I'm going to be honest ... I think this will be a close game. Here's my logic:

1) Soddy has been amazingly resilient throughout the season when they could have given up. They have played well against some teams, just not well enough. I don't remember the exact half-time score, but it was somewhat close at half-time against WB. I also no that they hung in there with Farragut. They are not pushovers

2) Ooltewah has to get beyond their off-field woes. They have had too many distractions and are liable to not "get it into gear" if something rears its ugly head again. The sooner this incident is handled, the better. Look for some Soddy taunting about it.

3) Soddy has nothing to lose and everything to win. A cliche, yes, but a fitting one; this is their bowl game. If they are ready for basketball season to start, this will be over by the half. If there is a little fight left in them, look out.

4) For both teams, this is a major rivalry. I'm not sure either team will roll over. I think you can throw out a lot of statistics, win/loss records, etc.

5) This is a must-win for Ooltewah to play next week. Their backs are flat against the wall with a potential trip to Bearden in week 11.

6) Ooltewah may come out with fire in their eyes and whip the Trojans like a rented mule. They have something to prove.

I'm not sure who I would pick. On paper, Ooltewah by 14, but with the intangibles and emotions, I'd pick Soddy by 3. So, I'm going to ride the fence.

I'm sure McMinn Co., will be paying major attention to this game.

Good luck to all for what looks to be a good game with lots of emotion on all sides.

I'm going to be honest ... I think this will be a close game. Here's my logic:

1) Soddy has been amazingly resilient throughout the season when they could have given up. They have played well against some teams, just not well enough. I don't remember the exact half-time score, but it was somewhat close at half-time against WB. I also no that they hung in there with Farragut. They are not pushovers

2) Ooltewah has to get beyond their off-field woes. They have had too many distractions and are liable to not "get it into gear" if something rears its ugly head again. The sooner this incident is handled, the better. Look for some Soddy taunting about it.

3) Soddy has nothing to lose and everything to win. A cliche, yes, but a fitting one; this is their bowl game. If they are ready for basketball season to start, this will be over by the half. If there is a little fight left in them, look out.

4) For both teams, this is a major rivalry. I'm not sure either team will roll over. I think you can throw out a lot of statistics, win/loss records, etc.

5) This is a must-win for Ooltewah to play next week. Their backs are flat against the wall with a potential trip to Bearden in week 11.

6) Ooltewah may come out with fire in their eyes and whip the Trojans like a rented mule. They have something to prove.

I'm not sure who I would pick. On paper, Ooltewah by 14, but with the intangibles and emotions, I'd pick Soddy by 3. So, I'm going to ride the fence.

I'm sure McMinn Co., will be paying major attention to this game.

Good luck to all for what looks to be a good game with lots of emotion on all sides.

I agree with EVERYTHING you said. That's why I pick Ooltewah by a small margin. It's a darn shame that as talented as Ooltewah is, our record does not show it for "variable" reasons. This team deserved a better season(although I can't complain with our record), than they have had. I don't believe that the Owls will look at Soddy as apushover by any means. However,I do think the Owls have to come out and play with fire in their eyes, and "desire" in their heart. It was there for the Farragut game, but the Oak Ridge game was just flat, and I'm not taking away from Oak Ridge, they are a good team, but I FIRMLY BELIEVE that Ootewah could have won that game by at least points had we came out READY to play football.

Momma always told me to "stay busy and focused and it will keep your mind off your troubles". What better way to stay busy than to be in the playoffs.....again???? /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Good Luck Owls...we love and SUPPORT you. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

One of the things that surprized me about SD in the Farragut game was how well they tackled. They did a great job of wrapping up on Sterling. Another thing that makes them potentially dangerous is that you don't know what they are going to do offensively. Farragut spent the week preparing for the I-formation only to get the wishbone. Apparently SD's fullback had gotten hurt (he didn't dress and was wearing a walking boot on one ankle), so they came out in a formation that Farragut was not prepared for. I have no idea if the kid will be back this week, but games against teams with a lot of unknowns can be dangerous. Plus I assume this to be a rivalry game for the Owls, so you can throw stats and records out the window.

One of the things that surprized me about SD in the Farragut game was how well they tackled. They did a great job of wrapping up on Sterling. Another thing that makes them potentially dangerous is that you don't know what they are going to do offensively. Farragut spent the week preparing for the I-formation only to get the wishbone. Apparently SD's fullback had gotten hurt (he didn't dress and was wearing a walking boot on one ankle), so they came out in a formation that Farragut was not prepared for. I have no idea if the kid will be back this week, but games against teams with a lot of unknowns can be dangerous. Plus I assume this to be a rivalry game for the Owls, so you can throw stats and records out the window.

You're right about that. It's time to come out and play hard nosed football...regardless of which formation SD uses. It's time to bring home a WIN! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

As bad as I would like to see SD win I don't think that will happen.....

Come on Trojans do the Cherokees a favor and beat those Owls so we can go to the playoffs!

GO TRIBE!!!

Tribefan, I'd love to see you guys in the playoffs, you deserve it. Just not if it means the Owls don't get to go. I have pulled for you guys in every game, except agaisnt us, but I can understand you pulling for Soddy. If for some reason the wheels continue falling off the wagon down here, I would be thrilled for McMinn to get the chance to show everybody what they're made of. However with that said, I believe the Owls will come out focused and ready to WIN a football game. Owls by 7.

GO OWLS!

Thank you. I thought that was the case. I was just looking at the playoff brackets and wondered why region 3/4 was again home team for the semi-finals? I thought those rotated.

Sorry for the intrusion onto your thread. I knew that you guys could answer my question.

Good luck to the Owls. I do think you will handle Soddy Daisy. May be tougher than most would think, but I also believe that you can then come up to Knoxville and knock off Bearden. In fact, I think a tougher draw is our 3 seed(still undetermined) having to travel to Kingsport DB. I think they are playing better than Bearden at this point. Remember, it was a fluke 2 point conversion that beat DB when they played.

Thank again.