Giles County vs. Marshall County

norespect

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where is allaboutsports?

I still can't understand last week with DL. If the injuries are that deep it will be a short playoff season for MC.

If both teams are up to par.......and this is a rarity for me as well(allaboutsports)....I would like to see MC come out ahead of GC after the way GC tried to run it up on us at the end.

I know one thing MC doesn't like to travel to JSS....something about water problems. Besides a 6 hr busride for GC to JSS may make them a little more humble.

Marshall Co. is cursed against Jackson South Side in the postseason. Look at the 2000 & 2001 games between those two teams. Marshall won the region title both of those years and lost to JSS teams that were underdogs against them. Ray Hightower played his final high school football game against JSS. Will Don'ta possibly be next????

Giles Co. ended Jackson South Side's dream season last year in Jackson in the second round of the postseason. With JSS playing a home in that potential matchup there will be a lot of motivation on the Hawks side as far as the REVENGE factor goes.

Both of these teams would much rather play home games in the playoffs against Bolivar Central. That's no slap in the face to Bolivar at all but a trip to Jackson would be a frightening thing for either of these teams. TRUST ME!!!

I really don't know what to make of this game either....I can honestly see this game playing out in about every scenario possible. Close game that could go either way, or a blowout either way. Several questions for both teams, especially Marshall Co.

How will they respond after the throttling DL gave them? How fragile is their psyche? Do they still believe in themselves?

How healthy are Hightower and O'neal?

How will the Tiger skill players match up with guys have have just as much speed as them?

After seeing GC at the Pigskin Preview, I thought they looked great. Their quarterback really looked like the real deal, and the rest of the team looked really strong. But, for whatever reason, they have struggled at times this year. Getting drilled by the same Columbia team that MC handled 14-3??? I don't know...

BUT we know that they have the ATHLETES.....

Hoping for a great game!!

Go Tigers!!