State Pairings

uniden

Has TSSAA released the state pairings yet? Perhaps they have decided to wait until sectional matches are done this year?

In years past, there have been accusations of lopsided brackets and teams getting a better road by losing the region championship. Perhaps it is a good thing to wait to release the parings.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe the T$$AA is going to a tournament draw for soccer now as well (similar to what they used to do with basketball).

The tournament draw meeting is scheduled for Chattanooga Monday @ 10 AM to determine pairings.....

Oops.....typing/spacing error - sorry

AAA Pairings Predictions:

Top Half of Bracket:

Collierville #1 seed vs.

Ravenwood #8 seed

Oak Ridge #4 seed

Siegel #5 seed

Bottom Half of Bracket:

Bearden #2 seed vs.

Soddy Daisy #7 seed

Franklin #3 seed vs.

Houston #6 seed

The seedings may differ a bit, but I believe TSSAA will keep Collierville and Houston on

opposite sides of the bracket and the same will apply for Bearden and Oak Ridge.

Thoughts?

Oops.....typing/spacing error - sorry

AAA Pairings Predictions:

Top Half of Bracket:

Collierville #1 seed vs.

Ravenwood #8 seed

Oak Ridge #4 seed

Siegel #5 seed

Bottom Half of Bracket:

Bearden #2 seed vs.

Soddy Daisy #7 seed

Franklin #3 seed vs.

Houston #6 seed

The seedings may differ a bit, but I believe TSSAA will keep Collierville and Houston on

opposite sides of the bracket and the same will apply for Bearden and Oak Ridge.

Thoughts?

While I don't disagree with your rationale behind your pairings, it will never happen. Other than forcing two teams from the same region that advance into other sides of the bracket, it's supposed to be random. I have my doubts, so they would be more likely to pair 1 vs 4, 2 vs 3 on one side of the bracket, and 5-8 on the other side. We'll see though.

While I don't disagree with your rationale behind your pairings, it will never happen. Other than forcing two teams from the same region that advance into other sides of the bracket, it's supposed to be random. I have my doubts, so they would be more likely to pair 1 vs 4, 2 vs 3 on one side of the bracket, and 5-8 on the other side. We'll see though.

Why do you have doubts - history I presume? I am new to Tennessee (2 years) and don't know enough about past seeding experiences. Please enlighten.

Why do you have doubts - history I presume? I am new to Tennessee (2 years) and don't know enough about past seeding experiences. Please enlighten.

They don't seed. They say it is random drawings, but in the A/AA pairing last year (the top 3 teams were on one side of the bracket. Maybe it was random, but if it happens again this year, you won't be able to convince me that it truly is random. We shall see….

The only stated exception to the random drawing rule is that they say if two teams advance out of the same region, then they will be placed on opposite sides of the bracket.

They don't seed. They say it is random drawings, but in the A/AA pairing last year (the top 3 teams were on one side of the bracket. Maybe it was random, but if it happens again this year, you won't be able to convince me that it truly is random. We shall see….

The only stated exception to the random drawing rule is that they say if two teams advance out of the same region, then they will be placed on opposite sides of the bracket.

yes....how random will random be???? /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

The Parings are out:

A/AA

11:30 CAK vs. CCS

2:00 pm USJ vs. CPA

4:30 ND vs. Jackson Christian

7:00 FRA vs. Knox Catholic

AAA

11:30 Collieville vs. Soddy Daisy

2:00 Oak Ridge vs. Ravenwood

4:30 Franklin vs. Siegel

7:00 Bearden vs. Houston

D2 AA

4:30 BGA vs. GPS

7:00 Baylor vs. ECS

D2 A

11:30 University School of Nashville vs. Harding Academy

2:00 St. Georges vs. Lausanne

he Parings are out:

AAA

11:30 Collieville vs. Soddy Daisy

2:00 Oak Ridge vs. Ravenwood

4:30 Franklin vs. Siegel

7:00 Bearden vs. Houston

As a Soddy fan I like the pairings "To be the best you have to beat the best" Coming in as the underdog plays in our favor. After all at this level there are no easy teams. We are a young team with talent thats riding a wave, who knows when it will crest. Someone told me once getting to state is the hard part, cause anything can happen once your there. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />