Father Ryan VS Brentwood Academy

fiftyfifty

With this game, MBA and BA have seperated from the pack. Clearly #1 and #2 and with FR being speculated at #3 after being thrashed by both.

Either BA or MBA should win state.

I agree with BA and MBA part of your post, but the verdict is still out on FR being a solid 3 spot. I will reserve my decision until I see how they perform in the playoffs!

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with BA and MBA part of your post, but the verdict is still out on FR being a solid 3 spot. I will reserve my decision until I see how they perform in the playoffs!

I don't see FR having one ounce of chance against MBA or BA. They were totally flat the whole game.....I have never seen such a dead group of guys on the FR sideline either......almost like they came to Flatt Field to take their beating and leave. Totally no emotions.

Father Ryan did come out very flat and with the offense going 3 and out on almost every series, leaving the defense on the field a lot, too much actually. Father Ryan was hurt on the defensive side this week with 2 or their 3 starting LB's out due to injury or sickness #4 and #31. Father Ryan needs to re-group and become the team they were before they played MBA and BA.

Father Ryan did come out very flat and with the offense going 3 and out on almost every series, leaving the defense on the field a lot, too much actually. Father Ryan was hurt on the defensive side this week with 2 or their 3 starting LB's out due to injury or sickness #4 and #31. Father Ryan needs to re-group and become the team they were before they played MBA and BA.

With BA recovering the kickoff and taking it in for a TD the first 15 seconds of the game, FR had alot taken out of their sails.....2 TD's for BA the first 6 minutes. BA should have had 3 TD's the first quarter. They scored the third on the first play of the second quarter...

Maybe it's the same ole thing: they just really aren't that good. After 8-0 I was hoping for one win against MBA/BA. There's always next year........(said that the last 10 years)

Chris Jordan came out like an unstoppable bull.....the best I have seen him play (comments were the same from others in the stands) in the first half this year, two quick TD's....12 rushes, 100 yards....but mainly all in the first quarter (first two drives)....After a few series, I watched him take himself out of the game and not return for a while. He came back after several series with both ankles highly taped on the outside of the cleats. He played sparingly the rest of the 1st half, and very little in the 2nd half. This "high ankle sprain" appears to be a reoccuring injury for him for most of the year. I don't remember the term "high ankle sprain" back when I was at BA. I know we had them back then (high ankle sprains), but a sprain was a sprain....get hurt Friday nite......ice it, tape it up and return to practice on Monday and play through the pain until it gets better through naturally healing over a week or so. You pretty much had to be dead to get out of practice or a game for Coach Flatt. Kids played with stomach viruses, flu, high temperature, migraine headaches, splitting headaches because we were brutal hitters and had inferior equipment (believe it or not, alums will tell you this is true, as the school did not have a huge endowment) and practices were beyond intense where we would literally kill each other (alums....remember The Box???.....4 cones and one player against sometimes the whole team! It was all too common for a player to be literally knocked through the practice field bushes into the gravel parking lot below, and the hits still came. In his day, Coach Flatt was the Bear Bryant of TN HS football...you would either sink or at 14-15 yrs old, become a man quick to stay around. You had to be beyond tough to play for him. To this day, I am appreciative of his time in my life, as he taught us lots about life and toughness), nausea, throwing up through your facemask in the huddle OR on the opposing team in a pileup, separated shoulders, broken collarbones and other broken bones, MAJOR ankle spains where your ankle was twice the size of the other and your foot was black and blue with strained ligaments and tendons (CF MIGHT let you slide on a game if you had MAJOR reconstructive surgury. Many surguries were done at the end of the season, since what was hurt was hurt as bad as it could be, and no sense missing a game).

As CJ has played sparingly(vs. Ravenwood 2 carries, JPII 5 carries), if at all (did not play against MBA, which was BA's only loss, or BGA..... no carries in either game....dressed for both but stood on the sidelines) in several games, and he plays nowhere on defense, this must be a very bad injury. Any word on his condition? The paper mentioned this in the Dandy Dozen this past week regarding his continuing injuries. Sophmore Josh Tate has done a great job in filling his spot, but the team really needs senior leadership in Chris Jordan being on the field going into the playoffs. When he is on, and plays hard, he is tough to beat, and the offense seems they really want him in there when he comes in the game. He brings a major element to BA's game when he plays hard.

I have never seen CJ like that before. His stiff arms and sprints to the outside were only surpassed by his overall intensity. Let's hope the ankle holds up.

The thing I took away, that impacted me the most, was our passing accuracy and our new diverse patterns. I know there has been a two week marathon to upgrade that part of out game. I will have to see it a time or two in a row before I get too excited, but it was great to see our open receivers hit in stride with great passes.

Come on man just because the Offense can't make first downs doesn't mean the D isn't doing their part. They have to have time to catch their breath. Three and out just isn't any good...Irish we need to get it up and Score some TD's let's go Senior's get your team ready to play in the playoffs. Roll Pride Roll.

Go Irish

Certainly the offense hasn't carried their weight the last two weeks. But the defense gave up 19 first half points to MBA, and 35 to BA in the first half as well. That's a lot to give up in the first 24 minutes of a game.

Maybe it's the same ole thing: they just really aren't that good. After 8-0 I was hoping for one win against MBA/BA. There's always next year........(said that the last 10 years)

I hate Ryan in the way that only someone who was at MBA from '73 to '79 could: six straight varsity losses, and a loss in a freshman game that still requires therapy...Still, I think you're being overly harsh on them. They're a good team, and much improved over the last few seasons. But this year, they simply aren't in the same category as MBA and BA, two really outstanding teams. There's no shame in a season whose only losses are to those two juggernauts.

Father Ryan needs to re-group and become the team they were before they played MBA and BA.

With due respect, my suspicion is that Ryan is pretty much the same team they have been before the last two weeks, but the bar has been raised significantly. MBA and BA are not exactly Hillwood and Overton.

I commend Coach Lussier for restoring a level of respectability to Ryan football, but it ain't E. TN 5A football anymore.

Certainly the offense hasn't carried their weight the last two weeks. But the defense gave up 19 first half points to MBA, and 35 to BA in the first half as well. That's a lot to give up in the first 24 minutes of a game.

It is a lot to give up if your offense is getting the job done on the field. The difference is that they weren't and the defense didn't even have time to take a break and get ready for the next series. Irish offense need to get it together for next week and hopefully a few more.

I don't see FR having one ounce of chance against MBA or BA. They were totally flat the whole game.....I have never seen such a dead group of guys on the FR sideline either......almost like they came to Flatt Field to take their beating and leave. Totally no emotions.

And where in my post did you think I said FR would have any chance against either MBA or BA??

I have never seen CJ like that before. His stiff arms and sprints to the outside were only surpassed by his overall intensity. Let's hope the ankle holds up.

The thing I took away, that impacted me the most, was our passing accuracy and our new diverse patterns. I know there has been a two week marathon to upgrade that part of out game. I will have to see it a time or two in a row before I get too excited, but it was great to see our open receivers hit in stride with great passes.

He looked like a "superback" when he was out there....some of the best series I have seen him have since he came to BA. Got to hope his ankle stays healthy. This team needs senior leadership. BA is extremely young.....mainly underclassmen with lots of emphasis on freshmen and sophmores.

oh yeah......by the way.....did you see BA's #15 Jeremy Martin's hit on the FR player on a kickoff in the first half???? That was one of the best hits I have seen in a long time on Flatt Field! Knocked the FR player 5-7 feet on his back. BRUTAL hit. That guy's an animal! Just a junior free safety, but he should have colleges lining up next year. All State as a sophmore.

As far as passing......didn't even look like the same team from weeks gone by. I agree.....it would be great to see this intensity in the passing game in the playoffs. I like BA's chances at the gold ball. The intensity the first half was the best, in my opinion that they have displayed all year.