Lenoir City at Maryville

jacketsfan66

WOW ..... You just don't get it ... do you . You actually think that I'm scared for you to know who I am ?? lol . Ask GovMan , he'll tell you , I haven't said anything I wouldn't say to your face . I'm assuming that you're an adult , but most adults believe in being respectful towards high school athletes . Why are you so suddenly concerned about how Maryville fans treat their opponents anyway ? Maybe you could learn a thing or two from a few Maryville fans / former players .... such as always respecting your opponent , and always just focusing on that next one .

Sorry. Bad Day yesterday. You're right. I apologize for all of my sins and inadequacies. I will do better in the future. I guess my overriding problem (and it is my problem) is that I get angry when teams that are good do not want to own up to it. When I coached at Oliver Springs High School in Basketball several years ago (10), we were loaded with players for 3 years in a row. I worked under Stan Ballard and I saw 2 sides. One year, he always built up his opponent and made us the "underdog" when we clearly were not. The result..we lost in the first round of the region. The next year, he downgraded our opponents and made us to believe that we were the best. The result..a trip to the State Tournament. The following year I was the head coach and I, of course, used the approach that worked the year before and we went back to the State Tournament. I feel like there is a fine line between respecting your opponent and telling your troops that you are going to wear someone out. I don't like being politically correct and hearing all of the "coachspeak" terms fans use. We all know that Maryville could beat Lenior City if they didn't take a snap of practice all week. It is a mismatch. Is there something wrong with saying that. I played ball in high school and we got our can kicked around many times. My feelings didn't get hurt. I knew we had inferior talent. It is facts. And when people try to be "respectful," I feel they are really just lying because I feel as they know what is going to happen but are too scared to say it. Now, I'm done with this. I once again apologize for being childish yesterday. I hope you accept my apology. Call with any concerns 621-3065. Scott Cupp. By the way, Nick White is doing an outstanding job at Lenior City with what he has to work with. They are obviously having trouble winning games, but I know for a fact he is doing an outstanding job molding those players into young men. As most of you know, it is not always about winning and losing. Nick cares for his players and treats them right. When he gets better football players, he will win. But in the meantime, he continues to make winners in life out of his players.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry. Bad Day yesterday. You're right. I apologize for all of my sins and inadequacies. I will do better in the future. I guess my overriding problem (and it is my problem) is that I get angry when teams that are good do not want to own up to it. When I coached at Oliver Springs High School in Basketball several years ago (10), we were loaded with players for 3 years in a row. I worked under Stan Ballard and I saw 2 sides. One year, he always built up his opponent and made us the "underdog" when we clearly were not. The result..we lost in the first round of the region. The next year, he downgraded our opponents and made us to believe that we were the best. The result..a trip to the State Tournament. The following year I was the head coach and I, of course, used the approach that worked the year before and we went back to the State Tournament. I feel like there is a fine line between respecting your opponent and telling your troops that you are going to wear someone out. I don't like being politically correct and hearing all of the "coachspeak" terms fans use. We all know that Maryville could beat Lenior City if they didn't take a snap of practice all week. It is a mismatch. Is there something wrong with saying that. I played ball in high school and we got our can kicked around many times. My feelings didn't get hurt. I knew we had inferior talent. It is facts. And when people try to be "respectful," I feel they are really just lying because I feel as they know what is going to happen but are too scared to say it. Now, I'm done with this. I once again apologize for being childish yesterday. I hope you accept my apology. Call with any concerns 621-3065. Scott Cupp. By the way, Nick White is doing an outstanding job at Lenior City with what he has to work with. They are obviously having trouble winning games, but I know for a fact he is doing an outstanding job molding those players into young men. As most of you know, it is not always about winning and losing. Nick cares for his players and treats them right. When he gets better football players, he will win. But in the meantime, he continues to make winners in life out of his players.

Everything's Fine etcoach ! I thought you were having a bad day , and it takes a big man to admit it , so you've gained some respect in my eyes . Truth is i've had a bad day or two lately , and otherwise I probably wouldn't have even said anything about this .

Hehe , good ol Starz..... we love him even when " recrootin " is down a little ..... because we all know he's " working like Heck " !!!

Come back GovMan !! We need someone with some sense to watch over us !! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I am really tired of hearing how LC has no talent. While we may not have a lot of tremendous talent, doesn't a coach need to adjust and cultivate what he has available. Therefore, not try to execute plays commonly used for extremely talented teams like Maryville! We need a coach not just a molder of young men. From what I hear he is a nice person but hasn't held all players to the same level of accountability. ( This I do know first hand) That inevitably causes a lack of respect from the players and fans. It is obvious there needs to be change.

"By the way, Nick White is doing an outstanding job at Lenior City with what he has to work with. They are obviously having trouble winning games, but I know for a fact he is doing an outstanding job molding those players into young men. As most of you know, it is not always about winning and losing. Nick cares for his players and treats them right. When he gets better football players, he will win. But in the meantime, he continues to make winners in life out of his players."

You mean lessons like if you start, the rules are different? I have heard former players talk about former coaches with respect because they taught them by being a role model, and they had losing seasons too. The players today don't feel that way. Sorry.

"By the way, Nick White is doing an outstanding job at Lenior City with what he has to work with. They are obviously having trouble winning games, but I know for a fact he is doing an outstanding job molding those players into young men. As most of you know, it is not always about winning and losing. Nick cares for his players and treats them right. When he gets better football players, he will win. But in the meantime, he continues to make winners in life out of his players."

You mean lessons like if you start, the rules are different? I have heard former players talk about former coaches with respect because they taught them by being a role model, and they had losing seasons too. The players today don't feel that way. Sorry.

The rules? What rules?!? They are made up as they go along. As for winning, Coach had a chance when he had Rommel Hightower......what's the excuse when you do have good players?!?!?

I want Govman to come back. He is a Gov legend. Govman is one of the all time greats. A great guy.

Etcoach

Maybe I have a little Lou Holtz in me. I have just seen too many games where I thought Maryville was going to roll and get beat or barely win. Last years Brainerd game is a great example.

Football is a funny game. Halls lost to Central and got killed by Bearden 42-10. Halls beat Powell only 10-7. Halls then lights Maryville's defense up like a christmas tree. Last year Brainerd loses to Chatt Central. They also lose 77-8 to Red Bank. Chatt Howard and Austin East wears them out also. Brainerd scares Maryville to death before losing 30-26. Because of the Brainerd/Maryville score a lot of Red Bank fans get their hopes up for a win over Maryville. Maryville beats Red Bank 38-14. In 2004 Maryville kills Powell and Central in the regular season. In the playoffs Maryville has to fight for their lives to beat Powell and Central.

I want Govman to come back. He is a Gov legend. Govman is one of the all time greats. A great guy.

Etcoach

Maybe I have a little Lou Holtz in me.

Free tha Gov-Man!!!! Untie his gag!!!!!

When 'st Gov-Man reeturns me and hem are goin' to talk and disscuss in deetale, who he thanks wuz tha purtiest "gutbomb" maker at Harold Kidds.

Rebelron eye beeleeve you may haiv a little moore Bair Briunt in ye.

Etcoach

Maybe I have a little Lou Holtz in me. I have just seen too many games where I thought Maryville was going to roll and get beat or barely win. Last years Brainerd game is a great example.

Football is a funny game. Halls lost to Central and got killed by Bearden 42-10. Halls beat Powell only 10-7. Halls then lights Maryville's defense up like a christmas tree. Last year Brainerd loses to Chatt Central. They also lose 77-8 to Red Bank. Chatt Howard and Austin East wears them out also. Brainerd scares Maryville to death before losing 30-26. Because of the Brainerd/Maryville score a lot of Red Bank fans get their hopes up for a win over Maryville. Maryville beats Red Bank 38-14. In 2004 Maryville kills Powell and Central in the regular season. In the playoffs Maryville has to fight for their lives to beat Powell and Central.

I understand all of that, but although you may have seen a few close games the last 4 years, how many has Maryville lost? So I do not see where you are coming from. Now when I watch WB games, I can get very nervous. Just in the last 2 years we have lost 5 games basically on the last drive of the game or in overtime or by missing an extra point on the last play. Now that gives one a feeling of nervousness.