Halls @ South Doyle

ZCAR

Halls are hurting after the Maryville game.

Turner goes down in the first Half with a ankle injury??? and sophomore Dowdy does great in the second half directing Halls for three scores. Brandon Johnson was hobbling all night and gutted it out.

Will Halls be able to play effective without some key personel or will the opportunity rise to see some younger talent fill the void. South Doyle won't be any pushover at home.

What everyones thoughts on this key matchup?

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ZCAR, this game is HUGE! SD is big and they have some good skill players. We've got to bring our A game.

Dowdy did a great job after T was injured. The coaches showed confidence in him by letting him throw it long to Dayton. My understanding is that T will be back. Don't know how BJ''s ankle is doing.

Diver,

I'm hearing from everyone they can hold their own against the running game. Big lineman and are disciplined on defense. Good running QB and running back in Moore on offense. Should be a good game with strength going against strength. Upset Central, demolished LC and should have beat Clinton. Not to be overlooked with a difficult season on the scoreboard.

We need both Turner and BJ for this one.

Coutesy of HTV on another board.

Playoff implications:

Here is the scenario of what the playoff picture will look like after this week, from the TSSAA website:

Maryville is first.

If Halls wins and West wins, Halls is second, West is third, and Powell is fourth.

If South Doyle wins and West wins, West is second, Halls is third, and Powell is fourth.

If Central wins and Powell wins, Halls is second, Powell is third, and Central is fourth.

If Halls wins, Central wins, and Clinton wins, Halls is second, Central is third, and West is fourth.

If South Doyle wins, Central wins, and Clinton wins, Central is second, Halls is third, and West is fourth.

So the worst for Halls is third place and thankfully we miss Red Bank for once in week one of the playoffs. It looks like Cleveland at Home or Brainerd away.

Halls has been hot and cold for some of their games. I was in attendance for the West and Powell games and they looked really good against West and not as good against Powell. South-Doyle just got their starting quarterback back and now could be a threat. Yes, we should have beat Clinton Bad, along with Seymour. Hopefully South-Doyle comes ready to play for whichever Halls team shows up.

This will be an interesting game to watch. Halls has a home game in the playoffs riding on this game. This is some pressure but Halls is in either way. This is senior night and the last game for South Doyle. South Doyle has a very good running back in #34 (I think) and Halls has a very good running back in #12. Line play is a strength for both teams. This will be won in the trenches.

I guess the score to end up about...

Halls 34

S.D. 21

I know its a long way down the road and lets take one game at a time, especially since the Devils have not one a playoff game it what seems like forever, but if they do win their first round game where would they go after that?

2 seed and home game, if they win where do they go?

3 seed and away game, if they win where do they go?

Just wondering, but yes I know before someone posts "take one game at a time" that the possiblility of a second round game is a long way away.

I know its a long way down the road and lets take one game at a time, especially since the Devils have not one a playoff game it what seems like forever, but if they do win their first round game where would they go after that?

2 seed and home game, if they win where do they go?

3 seed and away game, if they win where do they go?

Just wondering, but yes I know before someone posts "take one game at a time" that the possiblility of a second round game is a long way away.

If they grabbed the #2 spot and beat Cleveland, they would play the winner of Red Bank and the #4 team in region 3. Playing Red Bank would be a road game, but if the #4 seed pulled the upset, the game would be played at Halls.

If they get the #3 spot and beat Brainerd, they would play the winner of Maryville and Rhea County. They would play at Maryville if Maryville beats Rhea County, but they would play at home against Rhea if RC beats Maryville.