Halls @ South Doyle

ZCAR

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly LSMFT every game is a playoff game right now starting with South Doyle. There is a big difference playing Cleveland at home than playing Brainerd away.

Thanks FBEmeritus Halls has worked hard as a team this year. Kitts has been great but acknowledges his line,backs and wideouts for key blocks this year to spring him for a school record 16 TDS and counting. Hughes was hungry the other night going after Brent Burnette who are old friends. Waggoner continues to excel at outside linebacker a great blitz from the outside in the third quarter. Team is what this group personifies. Leonard is our answer of the man child strong physical in character and loves to play the game. Hodge the stalwart of this defense and is flying around everywhere making tackles and McGill is right there with him on nearly every play. Johnson gutting out the last two weeks with pain getting the job done. Dayton leading by example wanting the ball more but understanding the coaching deceisions thats being made are for the teams benefit. Turner getting back on track after a lean spell and showing his good potential. Dowdy steping up in a lions den and executing flawlessly the Halls offense against a top ranked opponent. Kelly driven to come back from a seemingly season ending injury and was the difference maker in the Powell game and will be needed when we start the tough playoff schedule. So many names unmentioned that give their all each and every play to make this team special. This team has been fun to watch. I hope it continues for weeks to come. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Coutesy of HTV on another board.

Playoff implications:

Here is the scenario of what the playoff picture will look like after this week, from the TSSAA website:

Maryville is first.

If Halls wins and West wins, Halls is second, West is third, and Powell is fourth.

If South Doyle wins and West wins, West is second, Halls is third, and Powell is fourth.

If Central wins and Powell wins, Halls is second, Powell is third, and Central is fourth.

If Halls wins, Central wins, and Clinton wins, Halls is second, Central is third, and West is fourth.

If South Doyle wins, Central wins, and Clinton wins, Central is second, Halls is third, and West is fourth.

So the worst for Halls is third place and thankfully we miss Red Bank for once in week one of the playoffs. It looks like Cleveland at Home or Brainerd away.

What happens if Central wins, Powell wins and South Doyle wins? Just wondering. I think Halls wins this game by 10

What happens if Central wins, Powell wins and South Doyle wins? Just wondering. I think Halls wins this game by 10

Under that scenario, Powell, Halls, West, and Central would be tied at 4-3 in region play with 3 slots to be had. Halls and Powell would have 6 overall wins, and Central and West 5. It appears that Halls would be number 2, and Powell 3 since they have more overall wins and Halls beat Powell head to head. Then it would look like Central would be in over West as the number 4 seed since they would have won the head to head match up. West would be on the outside looking in.

Again, that's how I see it. I've been wrong many times before, but that's the scenario that I see.

Under that scenario, Powell, Halls, West, and Central would be tied at 4-3 in region play with 3 slots to be had. Halls and Powell would have 6 overall wins, and Central and West 5. It appears that Halls would be number 2, and Powell 3 since they have more overall wins and Halls beat Powell head to head. Then it would look like Central would be in over West as the number 4 seed since they would have won the head to head match up. West would be on the outside looking in.

Again, that's how I see it. I've been wrong many times before, but that's the scenario that I see.

Sounds good to me. I was getting a headache trying to figure that one out.

Depends which Halls team shows up.

It will come down to if our OL will be able to create enough holes for Kitts to run rampant again tonight. I think this will be a lot closer game than in recent years. It will be big for Halls to get off to a strong start away from home. Defense should play stronger this week as Maryville was just awesome on offense last week. Any other team and we get the W last week. Our offense finally played a complete game and looked great. We kept the Rebels off balance most of the night which was breath of fresh air. I have to think we are hitting our stride. Red Devils to get it done.

I've been away on business, so I've missed a lot. A few comments:

Zcar - great post!! You hit the nail on the head, this has been a great year to watch the Red Devils.

LSFMT - I thought you were crazy when you predicted 7-3 at the begining of the year, but you have a chance to put all of us predictors to shame if Halls wins tonight. I don't recall anyone else making that prediction.

My two cents for tonight:

- Halls is growing up. None of the players that I saw were happy with the Maryville game. That's what I've been waiting to see for some time now. Most players I heard talking made comments like "I hope we can play them again" and "I should have played better."

- A loss should never feel good, and this one didn't. For that reason, I think Halls will pull this one out tonight. Look for a tough night for the lineman, but I believe Kitts and Dayton will be the difference. Go Halls!