Maryville Vs. Rhea County-First Playoff Round Preview

FBALLFan1111

Maryville names the score. Rhea is one dimensional. All they do is run Sharp to death. Maryville is smart enough to see that on film and they will put 8 in the box and run man with their receivers. I'm pretty sure that they have enough talent to cover Anderson, Moffett, Brown, and Sharp. Speaking of which, what happened to Randy Sharp last week? He went down on the Cleveland sideline. And what is the current injury report for both teams?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I personally believe that Rhea can win. If a few breaks go their way Rhea can win this game. Sure, they are fairly one-dimensional, but show me one game where the opposing defense has shut down the running game. Rhea should be able to run the ball on Maryville, and if their defense steps up and makes some plays, rhea can come out victorious.

Your out of your flippen mind. This is Maryville not Cleveland, not Red Bank, and not Brainerd. WE PLAY TO WIN EVERYTIME ANYTIME! But being realistic we don't have much of a chance to win against Maryville but we have a small chance to win. We will take our chances on winning even if they are small. That is why we play the game. You are an IDIOT.

I hope you stay in Maryville because NO body likes you here in Rhea County. If you actually went to a game or even practice you would see these kids play to win everytime, even if the odds are against them, but oh wait you work. To bad for you. Go to more than one game a year before you run your mouth. I bet you can't make to White Co because you have to work? Right? Better yet do use all a favor and stay home or go somewhere else since you claim to be a East Tennessee High School Football Fan.

You two are pretty funny. I would suggest that you two meet up in a parking lot and slap, scratch and pull hair on each other until one of you starts crying, but I have a feeling that one of you is scared and the other is just glad of it.

m4rcut is clearly a guy that never played, or was on the team but never got to play. How sad is it to watch a guy whose sole purpose in life is to bash high school kids. He just says stuff to get everybody all riled up. He's not worth it, so just ignore him.

As bad as that is, its even funnier to watch "Rhea Co." (the poster, not the team) respond. He is either an overzealous coach, or worse yet, some clinger-on who didn't know what to do when he graduated. (My money is on the latter) News Flash: Nobody cares how many players or coaches you know or talk to on a daily basis. It doesn't make you the absolute moral authority on who can and cannot have an opinion about the football program. The glory and accolades recieved by the football team do not become your own just because you assume responsibility for defending their honor on a cheap message board or ride their coattails to the playoffs year after year.

This thread was supposed to be about the Maryville/Rhea Co. matchup. Does anybody have anything worth conversation on this? I hope so, because I'm sick of the Rhea Co/m4rcut catfight week after week.

Believe me I hope you guys have some sort of pass defense. Nobody will stop Maryville the juggernaut this year.

Ranked 8th in the nation and 54 victories in a row it would take a herculian task to dismantle this program in the first round of the playoffs. I just can't see anyone touching them.

Well, Rhea does have some playmakers in the secondary. All the winning streaks and rankings and all will have no bearing on Rhea and will not intimidate them at all. Is Maryville big enough to even slow Rhea's physical rushing attack?

Well, Rhea does have some playmakers in the secondary. All the winning streaks and rankings and all will have no bearing on Rhea and will not intimidate them at all. Is Maryville big enough to even slow Rhea's physical rushing attack?

I doubt it, Maryville is very small this year. I think Maryville is about 185 lbs across the D Line and less that that in the backfield. All three linebackers are small and are 10th graders.

Well even though this match up is over 2 weeks away. Maryville is the best. However if we play smart on defense, special teams, and control the ball we will have a good shot at pulling the upset. Are line is big enough and can move the ball on Maryville.

White County is who we need to be focused on. Since in the last 2 years we have only beat White County by a combined 3 points.

You two are pretty funny. I would suggest that you two meet up in a parking lot and slap, scratch and pull hair on each other until one of you starts crying, but I have a feeling that one of you is scared and the other is just glad of it.

m4rcut is clearly a guy that never played, or was on the team but never got to play. How sad is it to watch a guy whose sole purpose in life is to bash high school kids. He just says stuff to get everybody all riled up. He's not worth it, so just ignore him.

As bad as that is, its even funnier to watch "Rhea Co." (the poster, not the team) respond. He is either an overzealous coach, or worse yet, some clinger-on who didn't know what to do when he graduated. (My money is on the latter) News Flash: Nobody cares how many players or coaches you know or talk to on a daily basis. It doesn't make you the absolute moral authority on who can and cannot have an opinion about the football program. The glory and accolades recieved by the football team do not become your own just because you assume responsibility for defending their honor on a cheap message board or ride their coattails to the playoffs year after year.

This thread was supposed to be about the Maryville/Rhea Co. matchup. Does anybody have anything worth conversation on this? I hope so, because I'm sick of the Rhea Co/m4rcut catfight week after week.

LOL Funny I like your sense of humor. What is wrong with supporting a team and school in which I am very close to? I know you are not going to stop supporting the track/cross country teams once you graduate since you are close to them or any other team? I have been out here long enough to know arguements like this will come and go. I just have fun with them. If there wasn't something to agrue over it would be pretty boring out here. If you can't take it don't dish it. So for example if I find out who your friends are and start trashing them on a public place you wouldn't defend their honor? But why because I got nothing against you. The only thing that seperates me from the rest is of the fans out here is I actually know what goes on inside this team.

But your right I think I will start ignoring him.

If you know so much about this team tell us all when you played at Rhea and how many times you was in that locker room making memories with the other guys or when you was there in the off season when they was working hard.

If you are referring to RheaCo, he didn't play football. He was a golfer for Coach Rue and also maintained stats for the baseball team his senior year (I think). He is a good guy and every time that I watched practice this summer he was there. He was at almost all of the preseason games and is at every game. I know this to be pretty accurate. And yes, none of us like you; I have heard of an old saying or two: If you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all. The second goes something like this: It is better to be silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt. -Abraham Lincoln

As for the Maryville game, that's next week. They have to concentrate on White. They may be in the 1-8 area, but Rhea can't look past any game. They haven't ran on all cylinders one game this year.