Maryville Vs. Rhea County-First Playoff Round Preview

FBALLFan1111

What they used to do and may still do I don't know but a few seniors and juniors last year started a friday morning bible study and breakfast that anyone on the team could come to. I know they got alot of churches to make them breakfast or buy it for them. Some weeks they all pitched in and someone would go pick breakfast up. The ones who started it spoke during these bible studies. They met at coach Hortons memorial every week and had this bible study. Hopefully they started a tradition that will continue on throughout the years at Rhea football

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL Funny I like your sense of humor. What is wrong with supporting a team and school in which I am very close to? I know you are not going to stop supporting the track/cross country teams once you graduate since you are close to them or any other team? I have been out here long enough to know arguements like this will come and go. I just have fun with them. If there wasn't something to agrue over it would be pretty boring out here. If you can't take it don't dish it. So for example if I find out who your friends are and start trashing them on a public place you wouldn't defend their honor? But why because I got nothing against you. The only thing that seperates me from the rest is of the fans out here is I actually know what goes on inside this team.

But your right I think I will start ignoring him.

I think you have missed my point. Support the football team all you like, but don't act like you have more "fanhood" than anybody else just because you happen to know some players. Every point in your argument on here is somehow validated by the fact that you happen to know some players. Nobody cares who you know.

I hope all the athletic teams do well. I also hope that when large donations are given by La-Z-Boy and other local donors summing to no less than $150,000, they are used appropriately. Its not like they're asking for an upgrade for their track, they're just asking for a track to run on. I think given the success of the team over the last few years, its a shame they can't even have a home meet to show their talent at home. In all likelihood, this year's senior runners will not have had a home meet during their 4 years of high school, and that's pretty sad.

Maryville fans do respect Rhea County. ETCOACH is a teacher at William Blount and he has this thing going on right now.

Rebel9

Maryville is what is GOING on. 54 in a row speaks for itself. Why do I feel that I have more confidence in your team than you do? This isn't about respect. I respect Rhea County too. I tend to have more confidence in Maryville for obvious reasons, however.

What they used to do and may still do I don't know but a few seniors and juniors last year started a friday morning bible study and breakfast that anyone on the team could come to. I know they got alot of churches to make them breakfast or buy it for them. Some weeks they all pitched in and someone would go pick breakfast up. The ones who started it spoke during these bible studies. They met at coach Hortons memorial every week and had this bible study. Hopefully they started a tradition that will continue on throughout the years at Rhea football

Yes they still do that.

Because they tell the players what to do, the players have no control over that, the coaches make the decisions for the players. Thats why if the players chose what they did I would get on them.

Sometime you do have to place a little responsibility on the shoulders of the players not all on the coaches. That is why it is called a team. Teams share responsibilities. Coaches have their responsibilities and players have their responsibilities and when they come together then you have a team. Now that i sit here and just reflect. All we are doing on this board is tearing the support for Rhea County apart. We should all just support them. The rest of the season no matter what happens.

I think you have missed my point. Support the football team all you like, but don't act like you have more "fanhood" than anybody else just because you happen to know some players. Every point in your argument on here is somehow validated by the fact that you happen to know some players. Nobody cares who you know.

I hope all the athletic teams do well. I also hope that when large donations are given by La-Z-Boy and other local donors summing to no less than $150,000, they are used appropriately. Its not like they're asking for an upgrade for their track, they're just asking for a track to run on. I think given the success of the team over the last few years, its a shame they can't even have a home meet to show their talent at home. In all likelihood, this year's senior runners will not have had a home meet during their 4 years of high school, and that's pretty sad.

Your right its not who you know, but I do try to help this team as much as I can from filming games, helping the radio guys with information, going and getting stuff for the team and so on. I know they are planning a golf tournament possibly this spring as a fund raiser, and I know I will help them anyway I can for that, just like I help Rue out with the golf team's tournament in the late summer. Which they tried to work out a deal with Rue to join the golf team and football team in one tournament this past summer but the money split didn't work out. Now I believe the players and coaches are going do this still, but it is called no shave november. In honor of the play-offs.

Now I would love to see the track get put in, but it is just going to take time. It would bring about at least 1 home match which means some revenue and it would improve the overall look of the stadium too.

Maryville names the score. Rhea is one dimensional. All they do is run Sharp to death. Maryville is smart enough to see that on film and they will put 8 in the box and run man with their receivers. I'm pretty sure that they have enough talent to cover Anderson, Moffett, Brown, and Sharp. Speaking of which, what happened to Randy Sharp last week? He went down on the Cleveland sideline. And what is the current injury report for both teams?

Randy separated a joint near his shoulder, but not his shoulder, during overtime against Cleveland. He'll be out this week most likely.

Sometime you do have to place a little responsibility on the shoulders of the players not all on the coaches. That is why it is called a team. Teams share responsibilities. Coaches have their responsibilities and players have their responsibilities and when they come together then you have a team. Now that i sit here and just reflect. All we are doing on this board is tearing the support for Rhea County apart. We should all just support them. The rest of the season no matter what happens.

The coaches are not the team. Ask any coach out there, they will say its the kids team not mine.And if the coaches were part of the team wouldn't they have to make the grades to be able to coach like the players do. They are not part of the team they are just in charge of it if the coaches put the team in a bad situation its the coaches fault. You never see a coaches name go down for doing great things during the game cause they are not part of the team, they just give them the plan and the team carries it out. Your crazy