5a EAST TENNESSEE TEAMS

tnfootball4

Well...at least you guys aren't predicting that Hendersonville (who may stumble into the playoffs with a 4-6 record) is going to the state championship game.

I have nothing against Hendersonville - it's a nice town - just don't see a 4-6 team as a serious contender.

Livingston Academy was overlooked going into the '05 3A playoffs. They were a 4th seed and won out for the championship. Their region was and still is Austin East, Knox Catholic, Fulton. ....

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

peeking out from behind there again?

No other fan base lives in the past like a DB'er. But not many have to.

Agreed. DB is certainly challenged. And, the playoffs have exposed their choke problem, especially @ home, for years now.

Hosting as the 2nd seed might be the trick and DB sees round 2. Maybe. And your speaking of other schools, what other 5A region champ has even come close to losing so many 1st round home games?

Good, I have now hooked a chain to that ring in your nose. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> When I need you to make a fool of yourself I'll just jerk your chain.

So now, who's living in the past? You are the Mo-Ron that keeps bringing up DB' past. So now, your trying to say that the only reason DB has lost any playoff games in the first round is because the choke. Try telling that to William Blount and Ooltewah. To my knowlege DB has only lost 4 first round games in the last 20 years. Some schools haven't even been in the playoffs 4 times in the last 20 years. And they have never been beat 45-0 in a playoff game like your Vikings have. As far as other 5a schools losing in the first round, If other Regions had to open up with Region 2 (the best Region in the state year in and year out) You would see the same thing happen to them. One things for sure though. When DB loses a playoff game, it goes down to the wire. They don't get beat 45-0 the way they do in Bristol. Loser /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

A loss is a loss. Thought even DB'ers knew that.

So you want style points? Not gonna get'em. DB has lost the home opener 3 of the last 6 seasons before this one. Will this year be any better? It will if you spin it enough.

DB has won the home opener 3 of the last 6 seasons. Thats positive spin. As opposed to your negative spin. Loser

If I spin you enough maybe I could get enough brain matter to fill a thimble. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Whats that got to do with Hendersonville, Mo-Ron

I just want to know if you are gonna put out a 'Top 10' list after this week? You have been slipping lately and have not been putting them up.

Must be something about having R'dale up there. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Yes I know I am now on your Mo-Ron list now too. /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

A loss is a loss. Thought even DB'ers knew that.

So you want style points? Not gonna get'em. DB has lost the home opener 3 of the last 6 seasons before this one. Will this year be any better? It will if you spin it enough.

Please buy a DB shirt or something to show your hidden feelings for us.I know you really care for the Tribe.

Good, I have now hooked a chain to that ring in your nose. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> When I need you to make a fool of yourself I'll just jerk your chain.

So now, who's living in the past? You are the Mo-Ron that keeps bringing up DB' past. So now, your trying to say that the only reason DB has lost any playoff games in the first round is because the choke. Try telling that to William Blount and Ooltewah. To my knowlege DB has only lost 4 first round games in the last 20 years. Some schools haven't even been in the playoffs 4 times in the last 20 years. And they have never been beat 45-0 in a playoff game like your Vikings have. As far as other 5a schools losing in the first round, If other Regions had to open up with Region 2 (the best Region in the state year in and year out) You would see the same thing happen to them. One things for sure though. When DB loses a playoff game, it goes down to the wire. They don't get beat 45-0 the way they do in Bristol. Loser /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

The 1st friday in November has been bad, real bad for you. This year the 1st round is next week. Cheer up!

Please buy a DB shirt or something to show your hidden feelings for us.I know you really care for the Tribe.

Like I said you have a wonderful facility. A great band (even though you didn't bring them to Blount County). Huge fan travel base. I got caught up in the DB fan section at Wm Blount and enjoyed the game with your fans. I even listened around for whom might be Waco but didn't hear her or see her there.

There has only been one truly East Tennesse team to win it all since 1993 (Sevier County in 1999), unless you want to count Red Bank in 2000.

Since 1993, eleven times the winner has come from Middle Tennessee (seven different teams), one from East Tennessee, one from Chattanooga, one from Memphis (Germantown '03).

So if history is ANY indication, the odds are heavily slanted toward the middle.

You also have to look at the number of 5A schools in each part of TN. Middle TN by far has the most 5A schools and this further increases the odds.

You mean it further increases the odds for DB. Right?

Wouldn't more 5A schools in an area DECREASE the odds of being that level's state champion? DB gets smooth sailing in Region 1 regular season and then hits a brick wall in the playoffs.