Clinton @ Powell

CutAlot53

Clinton seems to always be in turmoil. Maybe if folks would let Coaches coach and players play things would be a little better. Sometimes I think parents and Community leaders have unrealistic expectations. I have said it before and I'll say it again. With things being the way they are in Clinton why would anyone want to Coach there.

Just the perception of someone on the outside looking in.

I totally agree.

On a side note, if the Clinton City school system consolidates with the Anderson County school system, will it have any effect on the Clinton football program?

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I totally agree.

On a side note, if the Clinton City school system consolidates with the Anderson County school system, will it have any effect on the Clinton football program?

Consolidation of the two schools systems won't have that much effect. It is still the same kids that go to CHS or ACS, however it might give some new families in town a chance to bid for a coaching position. Bully, I think it had more to do with the character of the coach with his poor choices as a role model. Or it could be because most of his vocabulary involved 4 letter words "MF" and so on....But whatever comes to be Clinton still has a big hill to climb.

uprising2007

you still bitter about your qb not staying around for some competition. maybe if parents like u would stay out the way clinton can go to the next level. if off. coach leaves maybe u can get the middle school coach to take his place and u can bring your qb back to clinton. 0-10. cussing is not the problem or 3/4 of the coaches in the the bussiness would be out of a job, the poor role models is the parents that make excusses for their kids and blame it on a coach.

uprising2007

you still bitter about your qb not staying around for some competition. maybe if parents like u would stay out the way clinton can go to the next level. if off. coach leaves maybe u can get the middle school coach to take his place and u can bring your qb back to clinton. 0-10. cussing is not the problem or 3/4 of the coaches in the the bussiness would be out of a job, the poor role models is the parents that make excusses for their kids and blame it on a coach.

Compettition is a healthy and great way to push you to be your best. Without competition players become idle so, no the competition is not the problem. Not really sure what the middle school has to do with the situation. Maybe I was to vague on the cussing. As a parent I know that the kids have all heard these words before, I think it is the manner in which they are used. I really hate that this seems to get you so angry. You really take this very personally. If you feel that you know so much about our situation I would love the opportunity to talk one on one with you so that if there are any questions you would like to ask I can answer them. You seem to have gotten some mis-information as did several others from a parent or two at CHS.

uprising2007

Profanity is a problem! Coaches need to exhibit enough self control and intelligence to address, teach, coach, and motivate players without profane language. I know plenty of High School Coaches who refrain from profanity. Certainly some have a loose tongue but I wouldn't say 3 out of 4. No child should have to tolerate verbal abuse to play football. I feel a Coach who relies on profanity to communicate with their players has a poor grasp of the english language, little self control, and are a bad role model. There is never a reason to call a kid an M.F. or S.O.B. or use any other language that may be offensive.

How a Coach interacts with his players is certainly a major part of Coaching High School football.

Now I can agree that parents are unrealistic. They often don't understand why their child isn't performing as well as they think they should. So instead of making the child accountable they make excuses and blame the Coaches. Let me tell you. I saw Clinton play and the Coaches did a good job with the talent they had. Coaches can only Coach the players they have and they can't change the genetics of the players. As I said earlier Parents need to be parents teach, love, support, etc... Making excuses and blaming coaches for childs short comings is not going to help.

Coaches guard your tongue. Because when you use profanity you open yourself up for criticism. Plus you are being a terrible example.

Profanity is a problem! Coaches need to exhibit enough self control and intelligence to address, teach, coach, and motivate players without profane language. I know plenty of High School Coaches who refrain from profanity. Certainly some have a loose tongue but I wouldn't say 3 out of 4. No child should have to tolerate verbal abuse to play football. I feel a Coach who relies on profanity to communicate with their players has a poor grasp of the english language, little self control, and are a bad role model. There is never a reason to call a kid an M.F. or S.O.B. or use any other language that may be offensive.

How a Coach interacts with his players is certainly a major part of Coaching High School football.

Now I can agree that parents are unrealistic. They often don't understand why their child isn't performing as well as they think they should. So instead of making the child accountable they make excuses and blame the Coaches. Let me tell you. I saw Clinton play and the Coaches did a good job with the talent they had. Coaches can only Coach the players they have and they can't change the genetics of the players. As I said earlier Parents need to be parents teach, love, support, etc... Making excuses and blaming coaches for childs short comings is not going to help.

Coaches guard your tongue. Because when you use profanity you open yourself up for criticism. Plus you are being a terrible example.

I agree.... there should not be profanity used 98% of the time. the 2 % is allowed to a show of emotion or a hype up situation! /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> but NEVER EVER directed toward a kid.

Compettition is a healthy and great way to push you to be your best. Without competition players become idle so, no the competition is not the problem. Not really sure what the middle school has to do with the situation. Maybe I was to vague on the cussing. As a parent I know that the kids have all heard these words before, I think it is the manner in which they are used. I really hate that this seems to get you so angry. You really take this very personally. If you feel that you know so much about our situation I would love the opportunity to talk one on one with you so that if there are any questions you would like to ask I can answer them. You seem to have gotten some mis-information as did several others from a parent or two at CHS.

Uprising you are correct...Bullyrock is confused and angry and is being guided in the wrong direction....It's too bad for the Seniors that Clinton didn't make the playoffs...The coaches should have played and supported this team as a TEAM and not just 2 or 3 players...And yes, profanity is a problem at this level...this is a time where you are supposed to be a "role model" and build up teenagers and help them to progress as a decent person...Clinton has lost that focus and are only concerned about a WIN....look where it got them...another losing season and no playoff....I think that they need to clean house at Clinton(starting with the AD) and Shattuck needs to realize that he is bad for the program and step down and take Phillips with him...or the administration needs to take care of it for them all....this should have happened last year.....Cute or not cute, he can't coach...and just a note, there are coaches, good coaches, that would love to coach at Clinton....with only 3 seniors next year (if they all decide to play), it's going to be tough again for Clinton...best of luck to those Juniors who will be Seniors next year. You guys deserve good things...

Riddle me this: Who pumps up their team by saying " Let's krunk dis b**ch"?