Clinton @ Powell

CutAlot53

Good to see that things are moving in a positive direction for the CHS Football team, but unless Shattuck goes, they will just replace Phillips with another of his caliber.....

Riddler, I bet I can guess the answer to your riddle........

I bet you probably can.

But to keep it interesting answer my riddle with one of your own. (this could get interesting)

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah Coach Phillips is a terrible coach. All he did was install the new scheme that Clinton is using right now. Clinton averaged 23 points a game this season with an all sophomore backfield. I saw how much improvement Darian Stone made the whole season under Phillips coaching. I went to the Clinton/Powell game this past friday. Clinton's offense played great. 500 yds of offense and 35 points is a great days work. I also saw Clinton play against Lenoir City and Maryville. Clinton moved the ball at will vs Lenoir City. If it wasn't for some mistakes Clinton would have scored well over 40 vs Lenoir City. Clinton moved the ball well against Maryville but made too many mistakes to make a game of it.

Because of how Clinton can move the ball now they are competitive. They beat Campbell County,South Doyle,Powell and Lenoir City. They lost close games to Halls and Oak Ridge who are 2 darn good teams.Clinton should have won those games. They were somewhat competitive with West and Anderson County. Maryville and Central were the only teams to beat Clinton badly. From what I heard mistakes were the cause of the Central game. Maryville was the only team that was clearly dominant vs Clinton. Maryville is also a team that was won a lot lately.

Clinton has improved a lot this past season. What Clinton fans need to realize is Clinton was the worst team in the region for years. By far the worst team.They were the laughing stock. I remember Central beating them 71-0 in 2003 and Oak Ridge beating them 74-0 in 2005. Clinton has become a dangerous team. I remember reading threads where Halls,Central,Powell and West fans being concerned about Clinton. The past few years the Clinton game was considered a sure win.

I know people are wondering what the heck is a Maryville fan so interested in Clinton for? I am Jason Phillips uncle. Through Jason I got to meet Coach Shattuck and the rest of the coaches. One guy I really like is Jason Rhody. He is a great guy.

Good to see that things are moving in a positive direction for the CHS Football team, but unless Shattuck goes, they will just replace Phillips with another of his caliber.....

Your at a different school why do you care what happens at Clinton. Clinton got better this year and you are still unhappy. if andy hires the middle school coach as off. coach it will be a long year in 2008. Don't be surprised if Stone leaves. wonder if Little would come back if Stone left.

bully, once again you are speaking of things you know nothing about. You really are concerned about the two qb's that left. Maybe they bet you or your son out at the position at one time. No one will be surprised if Stone leaves, I think that was predicted before he came. If he chooses to go else where I wish the best for him as well. He's a really nice kid. Why are you so hung up on the middle school coach? Are you afraid of someone coming in with some with some integrity and concern about what happens to the kids?

RebelRon, it's hard to see your family and those you love being attacked even when there adults. You make some good points. I think Coach Phillips needs some time to mature not in his knowledge of the game but personally before working with high school kids. I do as I said before wish him the best of luck with his persuit of his education and hope that this experience will give him some tools for when he coaches in the future.

Clinton fans are never satisfied Rebelron even if it hit them in the face. Clinton was unbelievable this year and could have beat Halls because we were so predictable and conservative. It wasn't all about Stone & Hazelhurst either. They had many step up even the kicker Bowles in the Powell game. Something is going on behind the scenes that we aren't aware off. To bad it must be some sort of politics I suppose.

Just heard that Al Rodd won't be coming back to coach, either....Anybody know why? He is a good coach!

As stated before, the AD is exactly what bully said he is. I don't see anyone with any sense wanting to deal too much with him. What does it take to qualify for AD? There seems to be alot of shake up going on. What running back are you talking about? (Hester).....? Is anyone working on the kids at the middle school in regards to coming to the high school? Because even the Andy fans must admit that with only 3 upcoming seniors on the team next year doesn't appear to be as good as this year. Not many 8th graders looking to forward to football at CHS, alot of parents are shopping.