What coaching changes are we looking at this year?

lcfootball

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ferg is out at Oakland...its official

This is very sad to hear. I think the absolute world of Coach Ferg. He is the last at OHS of my son's coaches from 98 and my last real tie to the football program. I cannot tell you how much this man has meant to us at my house. I wish him the best that life has to offer. Not only did he love each and every one of these boys, but he will always be there for him through the rest of their lives. They will come to realize how important that will be in the yrs to come. GOD bless you and your family, Coach.

I only hope that Mr. Vaughn carefully searches for a replacement that will be the best role model possible, love these boys and help them even after they graduate, and treat each player fairly regardless of their social standing in the community.

Well, the parents that I talked to on Friday night from BHS said otherwise. Who knows though?

You know if half of those parents had to undergo the scrutiny that high school football coaches do on a regular basis they'd probably be looking for jobs themselves. shame on them for thinking they can "VOICE" TOGETHER AND cost a man his job! Just because your team isn't winning all the time is no reason to get someone fired!

You know if half of those parents had to undergo the scrutiny that high school football coaches do on a regular basis they'd probably be looking for jobs themselves. shame on them for thinking they can "VOICE" TOGETHER AND cost a man his job! Just because your team isn't winning all the time is no reason to get someone fired!

I agree with you, but at Blackman that is the way it has always been. The school is around 6 yrs old and has NONE of the original head coaches in the major sports. Parents had their say in all of those cases. Sad, but true.

This is very sad to hear. I think the absolute world of Coach Ferg. He is the last at OHS of my son's coaches from 98 and my last real tie to the football program. I cannot tell you how much this man has meant to us at my house. I wish him the best that life has to offer. Not only did he love each and every one of these boys, but he will always be there for him through the rest of their lives. They will come to realize how important that will be in the yrs to come. GOD bless you and your family, Coach.

I only hope that Mr. Vaughn carefully searches for a replacement that will be the best role model possible, love these boys and help them even after they graduate, and treat each player fairly regardless of their social standing in the community.

great post! who is the young man you are asking prayers for?

great post! who is the young man you are asking prayers for?

He is a 3 sport athlete from Oakland High School. He plays bball, football, and runs track. He was injured in our football game vs Smyrna. He broke 2 bones in his neck and is in a halo for 3 mths. They will examine him then to see if he needs surgery. He was our Receiver, punter, backup QB, and safety......a jack of all trades for us. It was a really scary hit and you could hear it all over. He never lost consciousness and actually got up and walked to the sidelines after it. No one had a clue how seriously he was hurt until he left by ambulance to Vanderbilt. He is one of best kids you would ever meet, a true competitor, and an honor student.

boy, it looks like NewAgeOutlaw was pretty good at this call....could his others be right as well? Probably not all, but the guy must know things others don't

No offense, but it was common knowledge that Ferg would probably lose his job if he didnt make the playoffs this year. As much as I love Ferg, 4 years is enough time to get the job done. I think it would be pretty rash to fire Watson or Wells, looks like both have their programs going in the right direction.

RE: Oakland. I know Marshall, Cowan and Hannah all have head coaching experience. Any chance one of these guys get a shot at the top job?

Honestly, the only one out of that 3 that I feel deserves a shot at the job should be Marshall, should h3e want the job. If I recall correctly, Hannah and Cowan had less than stellar tenures as Head Coaches, so I dont know If I would want to see those guys take over, just might be more of the same results that Oakland has experienced the last few years. I think Butch wants to clean house, but I hope he gives Ron a shot, he deserves it, assuming he wants it.