What coaching changes are we looking at this year?

lcfootball

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That would be a mistake IMO, from what I understand SD was a few breaks away from winning 6 games in traditionally one of the toughest regions in the state. After going 0-10 the year before Hutchins arrived I wonder what SD fans consider realistic expectations.

I agree, they looked much improved this season, at least against Lenoir City.

We had been hearing that Bill Price was very interested in the Oakland job the night of our Blackman game. After the shut-out he suffered last night, I think that probably cost him big time. ( plus the fact that one of our few wins was against his 2nd place in the region team.)

It wouldn't suprise me if Price is on the move. Just look at the numbers. Five years is the longest he has ever spent anywhere and this was his fifth season at Coffee County. I think he would love the challenge of turning the Oakland program around and his no nonsense approach would likely earn him some brownie points with Oakland decision makers after some of the problems they have had. And, if his daughter, who will be graduating this year, decides to go to MTSU that would influence him to move up that way. However, I don't think Oakland will hire him. He is known for turning program's around, as he has done in Manchester, but I think Oakland is looking for someone that will stay for more than five seasons. And your right 2P, his loss to Wilson Central AND the region championship loss to Lincoln County hurt his chances.

It wouldn't suprise me if Price is on the move. Just look at the numbers. Five years is the longest he has ever spent anywhere and this was his fifth season at Coffee County. I think he would love the challenge of turning the Oakland program around and his no nonsense approach would likely earn him some brownie points with Oakland decision makers after some of the problems they have had. And, if his daughter, who will be graduating this year, decides to go to MTSU that would influence him to move up that way. However, I don't think Oakland will hire him. He is known for turning program's around, as he has done in Manchester, but I think Oakland is looking for someone that will stay for more than five seasons. And your right 2P, his loss to Wilson Central AND the region championship loss to Lincoln County hurt his chances.

Please describe what his no nonsense approach is. That is not how I would decribe his method or approach! and do you fear losing the "great one"?