Region 7

nununu

I know it maybe a little early but does anybody have any idea on who might take the Outstanding Wrestler award this year at the region 7 individuals ? Reams will not be able to defend his OW award if he dosent plan on returning

its way too early to be asking that.. it just all depends on how they wrestle in the tournament.. you could have the best wrestler in the tournamnet get stalled out and get caught up in a close match.. best wrestler usually either pins everybody or just completely domininates everybody in the tournament..

i could name a few who could make a run for it..

the winner of chandler and mintlow

i could see one of antioch's lower weights winning it

EL has a couple of wrestlers that could do it

how about tsb's gentuso

HL has possibly 1 or 2

Glencliff also has steiner, and the 215

it just all depends on how they do leading up to the region and how they do at it as well

correct me if you have any suggestions.. and even state my thoughts with decriptions

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How could i have forgotten about Rucker from Antioch. But I do recall Lillard defeated him as well with a tight match 0f 2-1 Lillard walking as the winner. Moving down if am correct Tsegaye of Glencliff was 3 a way from majoring Henderson of EL. At 130 i seriously doubt Yahya getting to 130 especially with his issue of a dehydrated kidney. I still believe Steiner will go to 30 if he can make it for the Father Ryan. And Lett of Strafford/EL will come out as region champ. Garett will take 40 like its noting maybe having trouble with Colbert McGavock. 45 will be intresting with Mintlow and Chandler but Mintlow is knowen to pull through. I doubt the return of Holman but it would be intresting seeing GLs 52 and Antiochs 52 go at it once again. EL Gamble will probably take 60. 71 Belongs to DCA without a doubt. Not sure of the heavy boys. Comment or correct me let me see your predictions for region 7

i heard that Yahya wasn't going to wrestle if he is then he will wrestle 140

Bucklateral:

You missed the boat. The discussion was regarding the duals for A-AA. THERE ARE 8 REGIONS!!! Check the TSSAA site. The information you pulled was on the individual regions not for the duals classification that I was mentioning. The 2005-09 classifications are a separate section.

Bororef:

I stand corrected on the number of regions for A/AA dual purposes. It is consolidated to 8 for the duals.

But if the coaches in Section III (as it is referred to by the coaches and teams, or Area 3 as the TSSAA shows it) follow the same procedure they have over the past three years, this won't change the possibility that MLK could make it to the state duals along with East Lit, even though they are in the same region, so that not necessarily "only one team will come from each of the 8 regions to the state duals tournament in February" as your post stated. A qualifying dual "tournament" ( referred to as the "Section III Duals", Section III Championship" "Team Duals Sectional", "Sectionals ( 1st and 2nd place teams)" on the schedules of the Section III schools ) is currently set for January 25 to determine the two representatives from Section III that will go to the state duals. If they match one region's 1st against the other region's 2nd, with the winners of those two matches advancing to the final, then the two teams going to the state duals could be from the same region. Looking at who is in each region, I think it is safe to assume that East Lit and MLK top two teams in their region. CPA has dropped wrestling. On another post someone said that Marshall County did not have a team this year. So, the other two are going to come from FRA, DL, Page, Forrest and NCS. Last season it was FRA and DL. Based on what I have seen so far, I think the top two teams out of those seven right now are probably East Lit and MLK.

Now that we've both corrected each other, let's sit back see how it plays out.

What was score with Lillard and Ford was it a close match or did it go into overtime what happened does anyone know how an unknown defeated a 2X state placer if i am not wrong

i don't know but Lillard has been a improved and better wrestler than he was last year and he is still getting better

anyone believe he will beat Rucker again but at region and @ 119. Lillard truley has the potential of placing at state this year along with several other region 7 wrestlers. Anybody have any ideas of any region 7 wrestler who might end up placing this year.

Beyar Yahya as well as Thomas Holman if they return

Sobourn if he makes it to 103

Luis Aguilar @ 112

Lillard HL @ 119

Steiner GL @ 130

Osatile Antioch @ 135

Lett EL/Straff. @135

Garrett EL @ 140

Chandler @ 145

not to sure bout the bigger boys

anyone believe he will beat Rucker again but at region and @ 119. Lillard truley has the potential of placing at state this year along with several other region 7 wrestlers. Anybody have any ideas of any region 7 wrestler who might end up placing this year.

Luis Aguilar @ 112

Lillard HL @ 119

Steiner GL @ 130

Osatile Antioch @ 135

Lett EL/Straff. @135

Garrett EL @ 140

Chandler @ 145

it spelled soboun

and steiner is not going130

is that who u think will get first at the region tourney?

Luis Aguilar @ 112

Lillard HL @ 119

Steiner GL @ 130

Osatile Antioch @ 135

Lett EL/Straff. @135

Garrett EL @ 140

Chandler @ 145

Yahya is not going to wrestle at all this year neither is Holman

if Chris of antioch dont make it then there won't be a 103 placer

luis is going to place

steiner GL

lett

chaldler may be able to but i dont know for sure

I am almost 100 percent sure Steiner will go 130 come region time and if he makes it 130 will not doubt be his. He might even end up taking teammates Reams spot as region 7's outstanding wrestler. Any objections ?

no objectins

i actually agree with you because there is no one else in region 7 that has the skills and the energy that he has for this sport