Region 7

nununu

McLovin 008 i am behind you all the way. Just thought i'd leave some stuff about the past. Last year Steiner of GL defeated Klienart of Beech like 4 or 5 times evertime they met. Steiner i believe will never let what happened at the Harpeth happen ever again. Mintlow from GL as well beat the Beech kid by PIN at least three times this year so i wouldn't worry about him either. - Glencliff back to back regions champs yes that means this year it will be Glencliffs got a problem with it deal w/ it on judgment day on January 24 nunu you especially aint ready 4 GLencliff

But you also have factor in that some kids do improve more than others between the years and also if you were at the Mcgavock tournament you would've noticed stiener almost got teched by the same kid klenert was beating 11-5 when the kid rolled him and pinned him in the 3rd. If you compare there matches against that kid I beleive klinert will probaly come out on top yet again. But we will see soon enough.

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Buck there you go again putting the BL curse on E Lit. I truly believe that the smart money right now is split 3 ways on Greenback, Seymour, and Hixson. Everyone's favorite team, the Irish of Notre Dame will have to fight just to place in this years A/AA State tournament.

You are right about E Lit. in that they are going to make much more noise at the State this year.

bcb iii

There you go again, BCB, sandbagging the Irish of Notre Dame. You guys are going to be right in the thick of it when the dust settles----------there, I've put the BL curse on your favorite team as well. Remember, they are taking 8 teams to state this year, so it really is going to be about how the matchups are done at state. If they do put Sections 1 v 3 one one side of the bracket and Sections 2 v 4 on the other side, as they have done in the past two seasons, that would certainly favor ND----yes, you guys will somehow figure a way to beat Hixson-------- back in the final, while Seymour, Greenback, East Lit and possibly MLK ( from Sec. ) would battle it out on the other side. Given all the love letters you have written the TSSAA, I'm sure that is how it will break out..............the TSSAA's got your back.

If East Lit did indeed beat BA ( assuming regular lineups) that says a lot about their strength. We should know more after this weekend------East Lit is on the schedule for the MBA Duals, along with MBA, Ryan, Tullahoma, Mt. Juliet and FRA. Now, if East Lit. shows well against that group, particularly Ryan and MBA, then nununu's comments about this being the year Region 7 shows some muscle could be more than just idle chatter.

McLovin 008 i am behind you all the way. Just thought i'd leave some stuff about the past. Last year Steiner of GL defeated Klienart of Beech like 4 or 5 times evertime they met. Steiner i believe will never let what happened at the Harpeth happen ever again. Mintlow from GL as well beat the Beech kid by PIN at least three times this year so i wouldn't worry about him either. - Glencliff back to back regions champs yes that means this year it will be Glencliffs got a problem with it deal w/ it on judgment day on January 24 nunu you especially aint ready 4 GLencliff

Wow thats some hard thinking someone that hasnt even come close to beating antioch....the first match was 42-27 and the second one was 51-18...now im sorry those are not what i or any one else would even come close to say was having a close match. and u know what i cant wait until ur so called judgment day so antioch can u put u in ur place again....and after they beat for a third time theirs no crying about it or saying that we had forfeits given to us or ne other kinda crap that u say...after antioch beats u i dont wanna hear another word about it... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Bucklateral:

MLK and East Lit. are in the same Region (region 6). Only one team will come from each of the 8 regions to the state duals tournament in February. MLK is a solid well coached team but East Lit. should be the team competing at Clarksville unless a an upset occurs. Just a FYI.

Bororef:

There are now 10 regions for wrestling, not 8.

East Lit and MLK are in Region 7, not region 6. They were moved into Region 7 when when the TSSAA expanded to 10 regions two years ago. Region 6 includes the teams in W/SW Davison County ( FRA, Hillsboro, Hillwood, David Lipscomb, Overton, and NCS) along with some of the Williamson County Schools from old region 5 (Franklin, Ravenwood, Brentwood, Independence, Centennial, Page). The bulk of what were the old Region 6 Metro schools went into Region 7 two years ago.

In the past three seasons (2005, 2006, 2007) since the A/AA State Duals were created, the Regions have been further divided into into four Sections for A/AA State Dual purposes. The Region 6 and Region 7 A/AA schools are in Section III. Prior to this year, each of those four Sections advanced a single team to Clarksville to make up the four team A/AA state duals. As I understand it, this year two teams will advance from each of the four Sections to make up an eight team A/AA state duals. It has been up to the coaches in each Section to select the method of determining which team went to Clarksville. For the past three years, the Section III coaches elected to have that team determined by a four team tournament with the top team from each region, based on season records, wrestling the no. 2 team in each region, and the winners wrestling to determine who advanced to Clarksville. I believe that Sec. II used the same format. Not sure about I and IV. So, last season, FRA ( No. 1 in Region 6 ) wrestled MLK ( No. 2 in Region 7) while East Lit ( No. 1 in Region 7) wrestled DL ( No. 2 in Region 6). FRA and East Lit each won, with East Lit then beating FRA and advancing as the Section III champion. If the coaches use the same format again this season, with the top two teams advancing to Clarksville, and if they pit No.1 vs. No. 2 as they have done for the past three years, then it is possible for the champion and the runner-up to be from the same region. For example, using the same four teams as last season, if MLK beat FRA, and East Lit beat DL, then East Lit and MLK would wrestle to determine who was the champion and runner-up but both teams would advance to Clarksville. In mentioning MLK as one of the teams that might advance to Clarksville in addition to East Lit, I made the assumption that Section III would continue to use the same format it has for the past three years to determine who advances.

If you consider all the Region 6 and Region 7 A/AA teams together, at this point in the season I think most would say that the top two teams right now are East Lit and MLK, with East Lit being the stronger of the two. Both are well-coached teams with some solid wrestlers. I'm sure Scott Brunette, Metro athletic director, and a former stae wrestling champion himself at Father Ryan, would be pleased to see both of these two Metro magnet schools advance to Clarksville if it works out that way. But, we still have more than half a wrestling season to go.

But you also have factor in that some kids do improve more than others between the years and also if you were at the Mcgavock tournament you would've noticed stiener almost got teched by the same kid klenert was beating 11-5 when the kid rolled him and pinned him in the 3rd. If you compare there matches against that kid I beleive klinert will probaly come out on top yet again. But we will see soon enough.

ok.. ill give you that one.. some kids do get better.. but in that case steiner was beating kleinert in the harpeth.. actually dominating him. and kleinert got pinned right? i do believe steiner didnt. ill give him that though.. the guy from oxford was pretty tough... also different wrestlers have trouble with certain types styles.. i guess all there is to do is wait.

I don't think Antioch or Glencliff would make the Region 6 Duals tournament. We have Franklin, Overton, Independence, and Brentwood. Any of these 4 teams would win Region 7 easily. Region 6 is just tough. Not to mention Ravenwood. Every wresler is battle tested come State tourmanment.

hmm. i think Glencliff could beat overton as a team and antioch.. i can think back last year when independence didnt even want to wrestle glencliff at a dual match up at harpeth. Im just saying region 7 isnt as weak as everyone thinks.. i think antioch could hang with those teams, and when glencliff gets back everyone from injuries they will be able to hang with every single one of them

Region 7 is Friendship Christian, Greenbrier, Sycamore and White House. They are part of Area 4 with Frayser from Memphis, Fairview,Cheatham Co, Creekwood,Harpeth, Montgomery Central and Pearl Cohn (no current program).

According to the TSSAA, 2005-2009 Wrestling Classification, all of these teams are in Region 8. They were in old Region 7, but were moved to Region 8 two years ago when the TSSAA went to 10 regions. Since there seems to be some confusion, here is what is on the TSSAA website ( FYI---CPA has dropped wrestling so they are no longer in Region 6) :

Region 1

CAK (Knoxville)

Chuckey-Doak (Afton)

Daniel Boone (Gray)

David Crockett (Jonesborough)

Dobyns Bennett (Kingsport)

Elizabethton

Greeneville

Jefferson County (Dandridge)

Knoxville Christian (Knoxville)

Morristown East (Morristown)

Morristown West (Morristown)