Region 7

nununu

I was there at MLK and while you state that "The Bears had just gotten their football players back that Monday." Both teams were not were they would be at the end of the year. I know Overton wasn't close to having their wrestler in their right weight classes and still beat Antioch. Good Job Antonio Lillard from HL. But there are so many great wrestler from Region 6. We have possibly six state champions that could come out of our region.

We all know that in wrestling, a week compared to a day is a lifetime.

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We all know that in wrestling, a week compared to a day is a lifetime.

LOL!!! I've been reading this thread as a good chuckle for awhile now and today is the first time I'd post. I'm coming to Bobcat's aide in saying that if any of the "powers" of region 7 were in region 6 none would have a chance at the state duals. Let's all remember that before the new regions Overton dominated region 7 year in and year out. Both teams and Duals. In fact if i'm not mistaken the 2002 Overton squad set the region team point record for the Individual tourny. 9 finalists 11 place winners. Maybe Antioch fought Overton to a close match at the beginning of the season but since you were there you should know that most your "star" wrestlers got beat. Soboun got majored(almost teched), Nuffio got majored, Tresner dec, Osat.. majored. Now i was there too. And can attest that most of the Overton wrestlers were wrestling up a weight and one starter was out with a concussion. Point blank if Antioch and Overton wrestled today Overton would beat them hands down and by a larger margin than last time. Region 7 is only tough for region 7 teams. They simply don't stack up to the majority of their region 6 neighbors. Go ahead and point out strong finishes at McGavok and Harpeth and so on, but ask yourself other than region 7 schools and a couple others what top ten schools were there? Ravenwood? yeah Overton beat them by 40 pts. BA Overton beat them too. I welcome arguments to this and Bobcat feel free to help me out. In an honest attempt to keep some sort of peace i do think region 7 as a whole is improving by leaps and bounds. I just don't think it's as strong as many of you seem to believe it is yet.

yeah but see you can't really use last year for anything because like i've stated before kids do improve more than others. Kleinert mentioned something about dropping and I'm not sure bout stiener

yeah.. well, this is true. i think they would both be decent at 130.. steiner will do good in state as well as kleinert.. it seems that steiner seems to turn it up a notch close to region and state time.

How could i have forgotten about Rucker from Antioch. But I do recall Lillard defeated him as well with a tight match 0f 2-1 Lillard walking as the winner. Moving down if am correct Tsegaye of Glencliff was 3 a way from majoring Henderson of EL. At 130 i seriously doubt Yahya getting to 130 especially with his issue of a dehydrated kidney. I still believe Steiner will go to 30 if he can make it for the Father Ryan. And Lett of Strafford/EL will come out as region champ. Garett will take 40 like its noting maybe having trouble with Colbert McGavock. 45 will be intresting with Mintlow and Chandler but Mintlow is knowen to pull through. I doubt the return of Holman but it would be intresting seeing GLs 52 and Antiochs 52 go at it once again. EL Gamble will probably take 60. 71 Belongs to DCA without a doubt. Not sure of the heavy boys. Comment or correct me let me see your predictions for region 7

How could i have forgotten about Rucker from Antioch. But I do recall Lillard defeated him as well with a tight match 0f 2-1 Lillard walking as the winner. Moving down if am correct Tsegaye of Glencliff was 3 a way from majoring Henderson of EL. At 130 i seriously doubt Yahya getting to 130 especially with his issue of a dehydrated kidney. I still believe Steiner will go to 30 if he can make it for the Father Ryan. And Lett of Strafford/EL will come out as region champ. Garett will take 40 like its noting maybe having trouble with Colbert McGavock. 45 will be intresting with Mintlow and Chandler but Mintlow is knowen to pull through. I doubt the return of Holman but it would be intresting seeing GLs 52 and Antiochs 52 go at it once again. EL Gamble will probably take 60. 71 Belongs to DCA without a doubt. Not sure of the heavy boys. Comment or correct me let me see your predictions for region 7

that sounds about right if ya ask me.. yahya from Mcgavock cant wrestle.. doctors orders.. steiner will go 130.. tsegaye from glencliff can be decieving.. he has good technique, but strength is something he is seriously lacking.. i believe if he hits the weights and gets his technique to a science he shoould do fine. Chandler looked really good last tourney.. but, is his shoulder a problem? mintlow has been close to weight everytime he's weighed in.. lest hope he can make it around region. now, Holman should be ok if he gets some mat time in.. has he even wrestled this year? heavy boys are as ive said before..

East lit or even antioch

another close one.. its gonna be a good battle between East lit, antioch, Glencliff, and hunters lane

heavy

hmm, hunters lane looks pretty good, and Glencliff should do good as well as hume fogg and antioch

Bucklateral:

You missed the boat. The discussion was regarding the duals for A-AA. THERE ARE 8 REGIONS!!! Check the TSSAA site. The information you pulled was on the individual regions not for the duals classification that I was mentioning. The 2005-09 classifications are a seperate section.

The only correction I see is that Tsegaye has not wrestled Henderson (EL) because he will not join the team until Jan. Tsegaye wrestled a JV guy in the dual match. If Osatile goe down to 140, Colbert (McG) will not make the finals and Osatile will give Garrett (EL) some trouble.

The only correction I see is that Tsegaye has not wrestled Henderson (EL) because he will not join the team until Jan. Tsegaye wrestled a JV guy in the dual match. If Osatile goe down to 140, Colbert (McG) will not make the finals and Osatile will give Garrett (EL) some trouble.

Osatlile will probably be at 135 come regions

LOL!!! I've been reading this thread as a good chuckle for awhile now and today is the first time I'd post. I'm coming to Bobcat's aide in saying that if any of the "powers" of region 7 were in region 6 none would have a chance at the state duals. Let's all remember that before the new regions Overton dominated region 7 year in and year out. Both teams and Duals. In fact if i'm not mistaken the 2002 Overton squad set the region team point record for the Individual tourny. 9 finalists 11 place winners. Maybe Antioch fought Overton to a close match at the beginning of the season but since you were there you should know that most your "star" wrestlers got beat. Soboun got majored(almost teched), Nuffio got majored, Tresner dec, Osat.. majored. Now i was there too. And can attest that most of the Overton wrestlers were wrestling up a weight and one starter was out with a concussion. Point blank if Antioch and Overton wrestled today Overton would beat them hands down and by a larger margin than last time. Region 7 is only tough for region 7 teams. They simply don't stack up to the majority of their region 6 neighbors. Go ahead and point out strong finishes at McGavok and Harpeth and so on, but ask yourself other than region 7 schools and a couple others what top ten schools were there? Ravenwood? yeah Overton beat them by 40 pts. BA Overton beat them too. I welcome arguments to this and Bobcat feel free to help me out. In an honest attempt to keep some sort of peace i do think region 7 as a whole is improving by leaps and bounds. I just don't think it's as strong as many of you seem to believe it is yet.

This is true but the regions have changed. And i think the new regions has promoted the growth in Region 7 that we're seeing.

haha.. well, that kinda just proved a point.. i guess beastin's facts are alil mixed up