South Pittsburg vs Trousdale County

TheLivingLegend

Win or Lose it's been fun on here this week! Most teams we've played havent conversed with us like you good Trousdale fans have. By the way when you were in 3A a few years back i pulled for you guys. Lets pray everyone makes it to the game safe, the players play up to there ability,and after the game no matter the outcome we can show other folks why we have been near the top for a long time with good sportsmanship,also a safe ride home.

Well said. Exactly my thoughts.

• Replies 571
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

but FCS, I didn't take this post as rude at all. Maybe I'm just stupid or naive. I just read that you were saying that the field is still not on the new school site. True. And the Tobacco Bowl was awesome back in the day.

No harm no foul. You will find that I insert my foot in my own mouth enough times that on the rare occassion that I shouldn't I just roll with it. This isn't about TC or South Pitt getting mad at little ole FCS anyway, I'm sure there will be plenty of that next week when the winner of this plays FCS. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

No harm no foul. You will find that I insert my foot in my own mouth enough times that on the rare occassion that I shouldn't I just roll with it. This isn't about TC or South Pitt getting mad at little ole FCS anyway, I'm sure there will be plenty of that next week when the winner of this plays FCS. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I didn't know FCS had a bye this week!

I know that SP has not really been challange in the region this year, but the gage I would look at this year is that SP went in to every game ready to play. This year unlike last year SP did not take any game for granted, that is a sign of this teams maturity. SP had the talent to win the state last year. I think at the Temple game last year after SP marched down the field and scored that first touchdown SP thought it was going to be just another game. I think SP let down after that and never could recover emotionally and in the playoff game they had lost there confidence because of that game with Temple. Zone I think that experience last year in the Temple game has made this years team better and more poised to win this years state championship. It also doesn't hurt that SP's defense is much better this year. SP's defense was fast last year but this year they are fast and disciplined.

Good point. The losses to Temple and Gordonsville were good lessons for this years team. Tomorrow night we will see how well those lessons stuck. After we won the bog emotional game over Jasper SP was never really the same team. Last year I was worried even in the Whitwell game...no killer instinct

Old Pirate says it's time to speak. OP says "IF" the pirates have focused on the task before them this week and come out fired up,then TC could have a long night. "IF" thr pirates did not stay focused this week and come out full of them selves this will be a "TITANIC BATTLE" until the last whistle. OP says these Pirates appear to continue to ignore all the hype of being a Great Team. OP says exspect the first "IF" to be the route of this pirate team.

OP says SP 42- TC 14.

Old Pirate says load the gun powder guys the living legend is coming to town tomorrow. It'll take a continued all out 4 quarters to send the yellow jackets packing with stingers bandaged.

OLD PIRATE SAYS, CAUTION WEAK OF HEART, STAY BACK.... THE BLOOD/SLOBBER IS GOING TO FLY.

Hey everyone! This is my first post on the board, but I have been reading your messages all night. The 4 games between these two powerhouses have all been great, whether you have been on the winning side or not. I will have to say when I noticed we were playing TC in the first round, I got a little nervous. My senior year, we played TC for the first time. I had never heard of TC, but once Detric Woodmore and the Valentine boys walked by me, I knew we were in for one heck of a game. We lost, but I felt good about the way we played them after the first quarter. The next year we had a little bit of MO and revenge on our side. It is funny how we play each other for two years just ever so often. Anyway, I will get to the predictions. The Pirates are a good team, but TC has so much tradition and a good coach. This should be another great game. I will have to say I will give the edge to the Pirates, but I think it will be a hard fought game.

And by the way, someone was discussing the 1998 and 1999 SP teams. Eddie Moore was a senior on the 1998 team. I think if we had not abandoned the run that year, we might have had a chance. We had really not thrown the ball much that year, so I never figured out why we did that. The defense was also changed the week of the TC game and I think that definitely hurt us, but I am not taking anything away from TC. They were a great team and played a great game. I hope all of the TC fans have a safe trip and that we have a big crowd at Beene Stadium tomorrow night.

One more thing. I think Scruggs from the 1998 team was definitely the MVP of the TC team against us. If you could watch the film from that game, you would see him blocking 2-3 guys on just about every Thomas Payne touchdown.

GO PIRATES!!!!

Just so all the fans on both side will know at halftime our Jr High Team that won the Sequathie Valley Conference Championship will be recognized during halftime of the SP-Trousdale game. For the season the Jr High Pirates scored 338 points while allowing 28 points through all 9 games (37- 3 average margin of victory). Over the last 4 years the Jr High has played in the Championship game every year winning in 2004, 2006 and 2007. Over the last 4 years the Pirates are 32-1 (7-0 in 2004, 7-1 in 2005, 9-0 in 2006 and 9-0 this season).

Also the amazing run by David Jones is now up on YouTube.

to see it. I hope to add several more highlight clips of David and the other players over the next couple of weeks