8AA gets the shaft

riverrat

All I know is that this 2-A thing has been fun. Exciting games every week. Great Region! But right about now I sure would like to be preparing for the JCS-Union City game instead of the JCS-Milan game. (No offence to Union City that is just who we would be playing if we were still 1-A) Seeding by records wouldn't have been much of an improvement for the Eagles after what Peabody did to us two weeks ago. JCS-Milan; JCS-Peabody... Pick your poison. 8-2A rules and it is an honor to be a part of it. Hopefully, one of us will get to the Boro... Whoever the last one standing is will get the Eagles full support. I'm proud of the JCS Eagles. With the exception of one game they have been more than competitive and had a successful first year in 2-A. I also know that they will give everything they got next week and that is all you can ask for...

Volsken, the JCS Eagles definitely have the respect of the Bulldogs. And I'm pretty confident in saying you guys have earned 8-2As respect as well. You showed that you could hang with some good teams, and you finished out the year with a good record...and you made the playoffs!!! Not too shabby if I might say /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> And I'll be honest with you, hearing about the first game against you guys, it kinda worries me that we got yall the first round. You guys seem like a scrappy football team. Anyways, I'll be cheering for my Milan Bulldogs from down here in Guam, but it will definitely be a good game between two fine programs. Here's to starting the playoffs!!!

GOD BLESS!!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just took another look at the 2A playoff brackett. I too am wondering how TSSAA put this together. Many teams from the same regions are playing each other, so I took the liberty to make out my own bracket based on records and region placement (1st, 2nd, 3rd, etc) Anyways, this is what I come up with...See I think this would be a better and more fair bracket than what we have now...

I like it. You do good work. Wish we could go back 12 hours and start over. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Volsken, the JCS Eagles definitely have the respect of the Bulldogs. And I'm pretty confident in saying you guys have earned 8-2As respect as well. You showed that you could hang with some good teams, and you finished out the year with a good record...and you made the playoffs!!! Not too shabby if I might say /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> And I'll be honest with you, hearing about the first game against you guys, it kinda worries me that we got yall the first round. You guys seem like a scrappy football team. Anyways, I'll be cheering for my Milan Bulldogs from down here in Guam, but it will definitely be a good game between two fine programs. Here's to starting the playoffs!!!

GOD BLESS!!

Thank you MilanDog9. Sorry you can't be here to witness the sea of purple and black or blue or white (I don't know what we will be wearing). We have an informant at JCS because all the Milan fans showed up with umbrellas because they heard about our black "storm" warning. (Our coaches were calling for us all to wear black). It was hilarious. I'm sure the JCS coaches will have something else for us to wear next week to pump the boys up and I'm sure Milan will find out and respond. Things like that are what makes Friday Nights so special. Again, I'm sorry you can't be there but hopefully you can hear it online. Thank you for serving our Great Country and God Bless you too!

All I know is that this 2-A thing has been fun. Exciting games every week. Great Region! But right about now I sure would like to be preparing for the JCS-Union City game instead of the JCS-Milan game. (No offence to Union City that is just who we would be playing if we were still 1-A) Seeding by records wouldn't have been much of an improvement for the Eagles after what Peabody did to us two weeks ago. JCS-Milan; JCS-Peabody... Pick your poison. 8-2A rules and it is an honor to be a part of it. Hopefully, one of us will get to the Boro... Whoever the last one standing is will get the Eagles full support. I'm proud of the JCS Eagles. With the exception of one game they have been more than competitive and had a successful first year in 2-A. I also know that they will give everything they got next week and that is all you can ask for...

volsken u have a very classy post there u guys have definatley earned the respect of the bulldogs this yr also i would like to point out that i have heard that there was great sportsmanship displayed in our game and really hope that continues this friday night heres to a great game friday sorry but i have to hope for my dogs and my hearts sake it aint as close as it was the first time

Get over it guys, the TSSAA has no set agenda against any team in 2A football. They set the guidelines for this system months ahead of time. They went exactly by the system that was set in place. There were no changes made so one team would have a harder time than another. This systems was better than the previous system, but still not perfect. It is a work in progress. Just be happy you are in, and cheer your team on.

i hope you guys realize that this is all a MONEY THING. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> carter is a whiz at finances, but when it comes to football, he's an IDIOT! /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> with that said, milan plays goodpasture in the quarters but in the end it don't matter who wins because IMO alcoa will win their 9th gold ball. i love my dawgs and west tennessee football but like the alcoa fan said,"alcoa doesn't rebuild, they reload" and unless there's a flu epidemic at alcoa i don't see thm losing.

i hope you guys realize that this is all a MONEY THING. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> carter is a whiz at finances, but when it comes to football, he's an IDIOT! /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> with that said, milan plays goodpasture in the quarters but in the end it don't matter who wins because IMO alcoa will win their 9th gold ball. i love my dawgs and west tennessee football but like the alcoa fan said,"alcoa doesn't rebuild, they reload" and unless there's a flu epidemic at alcoa i don't see thm losing.

i'm sorry, i meant to say, milan plays goodpasture in the semi's.

Get over it guys, the TSSAA has no set agenda against any team in 2A football. They set the guidelines for this system months ahead of time. They went exactly by the system that was set in place. There were no changes made so one team would have a harder time than another. This systems was better than the previous system, but still not perfect. It is a work in progress. Just be happy you are in, and cheer your team on.

I agree that the TSSAA has no set agenda against any team...I just think that a system that allows the region winner to have a harder matchup than a lower seeded team is not the answer...it doesn't affect my team as we are a wild card so just happy to be at the dance...but I think Milan got a raw deal

I agree that the TSSAA has no set agenda against any team...I just think that a system that allows the region winner to have a harder matchup than a lower seeded team is not the answer...it doesn't affect my team as we are a wild card so just happy to be at the dance...but I think Milan got a raw deal

My thought is that if they were going to do it, they should have gone to 10 regions and split the state half and half. Top 3 from the 5 regions plus 1 wild card from on each half of the state.

Long term, I'd love to see 4 classes accross the board with 12 districts with 4 region quadrants of three districts each to decide this.

But, for the short term I've got a feeling the seeding format will be revisited before the 08 season.

Will do... I'll have to say it was amazing that out of the 16 potential wildcards only 4 of them had winning records. If we had the old system 5 of the number 4 seeds would have losing records. 10-12 teams of the 32 in other classifications have losing records. That really shouldn't be happening in the playoffs. There is no doubt that 2-A has a system that has a higher percentage of deserving teams in the field thanks to the new system. Thanks to weak regions there will always be a few teams with losing records get in... but the 2-A system has kept that to a minimum. It is a work in progress but probably a little superior to the other classifications. No more whining here... It was going to tough for JCS no matter what... We'll probably just be a speed bump for Milan but they do deserve to play one of the 3-7 or 4-6 teams after fighting their way through our region and winning it.