Lenoir City "Fans"

dr137600

I don`t know what kind of problems you are having at L.C. but I would like to say that the players that were at the game last night GOOD JOB you knew comming and playing Maryville was going to be a tough still you came and played and played with a lot of heart and disire. You have some good coaches on the sideline and with what I counted 47 players a lot of kids may of played both ways. Maryville knew you were there yea the 2nds were in at the 3rd quarter but they are very very good 2nds and you played hard and even scored .So keep your heads up go out and find some players L.C. is a big town and youu can`t tell me that there are no football players that can build up that program and compete in 4A I hope that the Maryville team I support playes as hard as you all did. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So keep your heads up go out and find some players L.C. is a big town and youu can`t tell me that there are no football players that can build up that program and compete in 4A I hope that the Maryville team I support playes as hard as you all did. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I agree, no names please!! There are all types of people that look at this board and that is not needed. Also, in reference to the above comment about going out and finding players.....I have been told multiple times, by multiple parents of players that if the coaching situation doesn't change, meaning some coaches,not all, need to go due to numerous reasons they will not be allowing their kids to play next year. Word is out, all players, parents, etc. talk and the pool to pick from has been/is depleted!! These kids worked SO hard this year to SO much negative comments. You can't expect wins all the time....some people do. Some people would like to see more than 18 straight games lost...... My main concern is the program! We are in 4A, competing against 4A, and that's not going to change. Administration needs to step up and fund this program like it is 4A and not base it on wins/losses. Look at the band's new tower......and how the Varsity players have to change practice fields to accomodate the band, soccer, etc. sometimes even three times a day, they are changing practice areas because they have to "share"!!! This is the VARSITY football team and they have to move?!?!? Where is the money to fund the team to get it to a 4A level? Have you seen under the stadium?!? It's like a third world country under there! Yes, this year gate admission is lower than last because of the big games being away, but that shouldn't matter if to a 4A school...and what about the booster's? What kind of money is spent?

I agree, no names please!! There are all types of people that look at this board and that is not needed. Also, in reference to the above comment about going out and finding players.....I have been told multiple times, by multiple parents of players that if the coaching situation doesn't change, meaning some coaches,not all, need to go due to numerous reasons they will not be allowing their kids to play next year. Word is out, all players, parents, etc. talk and the pool to pick from has been/is depleted!! These kids worked SO hard this year to SO much negative comments. You can't expect wins all the time....some people do. Some people would like to see more than 18 straight games lost...... My main concern is the program! We are in 4A, competing against 4A, and that's not going to change. Administration needs to step up and fund this program like it is 4A and not base it on wins/losses. Look at the band's new tower......and how the Varsity players have to change practice fields to accomodate the band, soccer, etc. sometimes even three times a day, they are changing practice areas because they have to "share"!!! This is the VARSITY football team and they have to move?!?!? Where is the money to fund the team to get it to a 4A level? Have you seen under the stadium?!? It's like a third world country under there! Yes, this year gate admission is lower than last because of the big games being away, but that shouldn't matter if to a 4A school...and what about the booster's? What kind of money is spent?

Let me say that as far as the Boosters are concerned, LCHS is fortunate to have the support they do. The Boosters have raised almost $40,000 in the past 2 years and have funded the teams apparel including practice and workout shorts, shirts, travel bags, sweats, game day shirts, new game jerseys (last year), subsidized over $4,500 towards new weight equipment this past year, and sponsor a $1000 scholarship for a Senior team member each season. Many programs would love to have this type of support from their Booster Club.

Let me say that as far as the Boosters are concerned, LCHS is fortunate to have the support they do. The Boosters have raised almost $40,000 in the past 2 years and have funded the teams apparel including practice and workout shorts, shirts, travel bags, sweats, game day shirts, new game jerseys (last year), subsidized over $4,500 towards new weight equipment this past year, and sponsor a $1000 scholarship for a Senior team member each season. Many programs would love to have this type of support from their Booster Club.

That's amazing support dollars from a booster club. What has the administration funded for the football team? It sure didn't go into the facilities or the field house!!!!! Have you seen the inside of the press box?!? It stays open to the elements and the stadium is crumbling is some places. The field looks great but that's because of the hard work of one coach. Where does the gate money go?

We have an AD that is in her first year and she didn't want to come in and make big changes right away (I don't blame her for that!) she wanted to see for herself what the situation was and then try and improve on it. I think she is very committed to the programs at LCHS and will do a good job, but if the admins higher than her don't help, it will still be hard.

dr,

You sure are making friends fast. You have been critical of most of the folks commenting. Telling them they never played football or rode the bench. It sounds like you have a wealth of knowledge about running a football program. So step up. Let's hear how you would fix the Lenoir City situation. Be specific. Us unlearned need to know from someone that has the knowledge and experience on just what to do.

You are telling me that when the band comes out or the soccer team comes the football team has to stop and yield to these other activities and go find another place to practice? That is about the dumbest thing I have heard of. The football team needs to be priority thay bring in most of the money for athletic budget Most people come to a football game to see FOOTBALL .Sounds like the parents need to go tapdance on somebodys desk and demand respect for the football team that these players deserve . It`s hard to have a winning program when the program is not the priority I don`t care who the coach is /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

You are telling me that when the band comes out or the soccer team comes the football team has to stop and yield to these other activities and go find another place to practice? That is about the dumbest thing I have heard of. The football team needs to be priority thay bring in most of the money for athletic budget Most people come to a football game to see FOOTBALL .Sounds like the parents need to go tapdance on somebodys desk and demand respect for the football team that these players deserve . It`s hard to have a winning program when the program is not the priority I don`t care who the coach is /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

That is exactly what happens!!! We the parents are complaining about this issue. I would think the coaches would have done something about it as well. Maybe like saying "No we are here on our practice field and we aren't moving". I suppose that sounds harsh but this is ridiculous!

That is exactly what happens!!! We the parents are complaining about this issue. I would think the coaches would have done something about it as well. Maybe like saying "No we are here on our practice field and we aren't moving". I suppose that sounds harsh but this is ridiculous!

The two practice fields are right beside each other, so when the band is playing, the players can't hear the coaches. Also the goal post is facing the band area, so no field goal practice during band practice!

On the player who cursed a coach last Friday, this almost validates the points players and fans have made for a while now, this player is not a starter nor even a JR or SR. His position happens to be pretty deep and him missing the game was not that bad to the team. It was said in the stands and during the week that if he had been a starter and an upperclassmen, not only would he have played, the incident would have been "forgotten".

I can't speak for any schools other than LCHS, but I do know first hand that football, baseball, soccer & basketball @ LCHS, has this same punishment. It all depends on what position the player plays as to how harsh the punishment is. Believe it or not, the coach does make that decision.

I can't speak for any schools other than LCHS, but I do know first hand that football, baseball, soccer & basketball @ LCHS, has this same punishment. It all depends on what position the player plays as to how harsh the punishment is. Believe it or not, the coach does make that decision.

That about sums it up