Lenoir City "Fans"

dr137600

I can not believe that the coaches would put corners out there that where so short. they should probably blame the parents for that one. So is it s rule that Varsity can not play on jv or is it so they don't get hurt. You are sort of unclear about that. Maybe it is just one of your rules. I'm not the one that said the record was 1-20. Actually if you only scored 51 points and had a shutout every week you could win. Why are you people so bitter. did you guys ride the bench in high school? Dont take it out on your kids. I think the jv lost two games, and it was by like 6 points each time. Is that struggling? i think D. Pratt is over 6 feet. Was he too short? Maybe the footballs they played with were the wrong color?

Dr, Dr, Dr, I have this whole problem of your figured out. You must be related to Coach Meyers. He's as smart as you are.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok so what is going to fix the problem? It is going to have to start with some support. Stop complaining so much and do something to help. I said I went to a couple of games this year. I bought a orange i guess you guys call them programs so I know the kids names. The corners are young they will get better next year. They play in the toughest region in the state of tennessee. Did you guys think about that. The quarterback was a senior and never played before. Expectign him to throw td's every game is not going to happen. Offensive line just didnt look tough enough. Is that a coaching problem. I dont think so. Coaches can improve a kids skill, but he can't improve a kids desire. defensively looks like they lose two people. that means that 9 experienced plays come back. That will improve the number of points scored against next year. More support from the community would probably help. More support from the fans. More support from the administration. More support from the middle school. Oh wait they don't have a middle school team. But they do have a pretty nice band tower don't they.how many passes did COACH meyers drop. How many tackles did he miss. I thought you said no names. You must be related to an idiot.

Dr must have got tired and realized that he was wrong since he has not responded in sometime now. If more attention is not paid to the football program by the administration the football program will fall away to nothing. The senoir class this year started with about 40 kids their freshman year and ended the senoir season with I think 12 or 13 kids.

I would like to say thank you to Maryville and Coach Quarles. He has got to be one of the classiest coach's in High School Football. Many coach's would have kept playing their starters and completely blown LC out of the water friday night. Having watched Maryville and Lenoir City for 3 years now he has never been this way. Thank you again Coach Quarles. Maryville has a great asset and a fine gentleman in you and they are a very lucky school to have such a fine head coach.

Ok so what is going to fix the problem? It is going to have to start with some support. Stop complaining so much and do something to help. I said I went to a couple of games this year. I bought a orange i guess you guys call them programs so I know the kids names. The corners are young they will get better next year. They play in the toughest region in the state of tennessee. Did you guys think about that. The quarterback was a senior and never played before. Expectign him to throw td's every game is not going to happen. Offensive line just didnt look tough enough. Is that a coaching problem. I dont think so. Coaches can improve a kids skill, but he can't improve a kids desire. defensively looks like they lose two people. that means that 9 experienced plays come back. That will improve the number of points scored against next year. More support from the community would probably help. More support from the fans. More support from the administration. More support from the middle school. Oh wait they don't have a middle school team. But they do have a pretty nice band tower don't they.how many passes did COACH meyers drop. How many tackles did he miss. I thought you said no names. You must be related to an idiot.

Your program must have had more information than mine did. One more time, real slow, just for you, yes, we play in the toughest region, we also got blowed off the field by a 2A team and a 3A team. One more time, real slow, just for you, there is no middle school teams in Knoxville (as explained by someone in Knoxville) still they find someway to win. I guess losing 7 SR linemen is not a big problem since not one had any "desire" this year. I said no names and I meant no KIDS names, understand there stupidboy.

For your information "DR" I have both a life and a job. Things in Lenoir City are NOT going to change until the administration starts supporting the football program. Right now it seems that the only support the Football team has is from the Booster Club and the players parents. I agree that some of the coach staff needs to go or things will never get any better. In order for the kids to respect the coach's the coach's have to respect the kids. You cannot give one form of punishment ot a non starter and a different form of punishment to a starter. It has to be the same all across the board.

Just because you said it looks like Lenoir City only looses 2 starters from the defense that will help the number of points scored. I don't think so. Until they get back to the basics of learning how to tackle they will be in the same boat as this year. Lenoir City averaged 5.1 points per game this year and gave up an average of 39 points per game. You do the math. With stats like that you can't win anything. You have to learn to block and stay with your man on offense and you have to teach the QB that if nothing is open and you get scramble out of the pocket and gain some yardage to throw the ball away and stop taking sacks. I realize that Lenoir City does not have a Middle School footbal program, but they have pretty darn good little league program that seems to be the top team or close to it every year. I bet tose kids are taught how to tackle and how to block. So that tells me that yes it is a coaching problem at Lenoir City High School. The last few games that Lenoir City played this year it seemed that the ONLY fans in the stands were some students and the families of the kids playing football.

Although the good Dr has many good points the main thing we need to think about is how can this program be turned around. Alot of good young men waiting in the wings to play next year so we need to turn the negative into a positive. They need to have a great Summer, hit the weights hard and have a great attitude from the coaches that are currently there or new coaches if that turns out to be the case.

why would any of the coaches even want to come back. especially if they read everything that goes on. on this site alone. I know i would not want to come back if i were a coach. you guys should be ashamed about the way you talk about people. The little league is a joke. Little leagues dont teach the kids what it takes to play high school football. from what i hear the kids don't even have to go to practice. that has to be very hard for the coaches, because the kids think they can come and go as they please.oh and jacketfan, you do play more than teams in knoxville, heritage, maryville, they have middle school teams. /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

I Sounds like you writers are a little bitter. Lenoir City is on the rise and those of you that what to continue to dwell on the negative can just sit back and get left behind where you probably belong. Mrs. Gentry is write, and just to let you know throwning to the Tight end is not the answer to every problem.

What?!?! Mrs. Gentry is write? You've lost me, I don't understand.

DR why don't you climb back under your rock. You also need to learn how to spell and how to you the appropriate words when you type your post. Mrs. Gentry is write? I think you mean Mrs. Gentry is right in relation to her letter to the editor in the newspaper. If you have no ties to the Lenoir City Football program why don't you just go away. If you cannot offer your opinion as to what needs to be changed then also go away. If you look at the middle school teams in Blount County they all play each other and noone else. The Lenoir City Little league program may not teach the kids what it takes to play High School Football, but they do at least teach them how to play as a team and the fundamentals such as blocking and tackling. Without these programs Lenoir City High School would not have any somewhat experienced players on the High School team. The Lenoir City Little league teams play such teams as Midway (High School team in playoffs), Loudon, High School team in playoffs and killed LC), Polk County (High School team in playoffs and beat LC in the jamboree) among others. So I do not think the Little League team is a joke. I know the gentleman that runs the league and i think he runs a pretty good program.

Things are going to have to change at LC!!!!!