PEABODY @ WESTVIEW

freeacen

But you are probably right! There is nothing like watching those Memphis teams play!

Well, we should not knock any of the Memphis teams. Booker T. Washington played two really tough opponents in Milan and Alcoa this year. Westwood and Carver played some decent teams as well. Go take a look at their schedules. Just goes to prove how much Milan has improved this year.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you for that 100 % irrelevent and unwanted bit of breaking news, now back to the regularly entitled discussion.

How many rushing yards has Trenton had the past couple of weeks?

Last week at USJ Kendal had 199 rushing 135 passing, Johnson had 103 rushing. The surprise is how well the passing game has been going. The last three weeks Peabody has moved the ball through the air pretty well......for a running team!

Everything seems to be clicking on offense, but the D has played out of there minds! USJ scored on the first drive of the game and didn't get a first down after that in the first half. USJ only crossed the 50 one more time in the game on a muffed punt by Peabody. They drove to the Tides 1 yard line and couldn't put it in. I was sick and didn't make the JCS game but on the radio it sounded like a slaughter. Several friends have told me that Jcs just could not do anything on offense and had no answer to Peabodys running game or air assault. What? Peabody......"air assault "? Now Im sick again.....hate I missed it!!!!!!!!

Last week at USJ Kendal had 199 rushing 135 passing, Johnson had 103 rushing. The surprise is how well the passing game has been going. The last three weeks Peabody has moved the ball through the air pretty well......for a running team!

Everything seems to be clicking on offense, but the D has played out of there minds! USJ scored on the first drive of the game and didn't get a first down after that in the first half. USJ only crossed the 50 one more time in the game on a muffed punt by Peabody. They drove to the Tides 1 yard line and couldn't put it in. I was sick and didn't make the JCS game but on the radio it sounded like a slaughter. Several friends have told me that Jcs just could not do anything on offense and had no answer to Peabodys running game or air assault. What? Peabody......"air assault "? Now Im sick again.....hate I missed it!!!!!!!!

The JCS game was a blowout. JCS couldn't stop Peabody but that is not exactly how it happened. JCS had around 250 yards of offense...Crossed the 50 several times. 1) One drive ended with an interception in the end zone---(Good Defensive Stop Peabody); 2) One drive ended with an intentional grounding, inside the Peabody 30---(Good Pressure Peabody), 3) Another drive ended with a crucial fumble inside the Peabody 30. 4) Still another drive ended with an incomplete pass inside the 10 on fourth down (Good Defense Peabody) Peabody took advantage of every opportunity and JCS couldn't stop them defensively but JCS also did what they've done a lot this year---Moved the ball well from 20 to 20 and not put the ball in the end zone. So your friends were wrong about saying JCS couldn't do anything on OFFENSE... I wouldn't call 5 scoring opportunties COULDN'T DO ANYTHING. JCS got inside the Peabody 30 over 50% of their possessions. (Notice I gave Peabody credit for the stops so I'm not a whiner---can't whine about a 42-7 butt-kicking...) Just giving you the NOT-EXACTLY version of the game. Regardless of all that---I don't see the Westview-Peabody game being a repeat of the earlier one. Peabody is certainly peaking at the right time. It should be a barnburner. It's just a shame that one of these two great teams has to go home Friday night while some 3-7 teams continue on... (Did I say that?) GO REGION 8 2-A!

The JCS game was a blowout. JCS couldn't stop Peabody but that is not exactly how it happened. JCS had around 250 yards of offense...Crossed the 50 several times. 1) One drive ended with an interception in the end zone---(Good Defensive Stop Peabody); 2) One drive ended with an intentional grounding, inside the Peabody 30---(Good Pressure Peabody), 3) Another drive ended with a crucial fumble inside the Peabody 30. 4) Still another drive ended with an incomplete pass inside the 10 on fourth down (Good Defense Peabody) Peabody took advantage of every opportunity and JCS couldn't stop them defensively but JCS also did what they've done a lot this year---Moved the ball well from 20 to 20 and not put the ball in the end zone. So your friends were wrong about saying JCS couldn't do anything on OFFENSE... I wouldn't call 5 scoring opportunties COULDN'T DO ANYTHING. JCS got inside the Peabody 30 over 50% of their possessions. (Notice I gave Peabody credit for the stops so I'm not a whiner---can't whine about a 42-7 butt-kicking...) Just giving you the NOT-EXACTLY version of the game. Regardless of all that---I don't see the Westview-Peabody game being a repeat of the earlier one. Peabody is certainly peaking at the right time. It should be a barnburner. It's just a shame that one of these two great teams has to go home Friday night while some 3-7 teams continue on... (Did I say that?) GO REGION 8 2-A!

I think if you go back and look closely at the Peabody-JCS game, all of those opportunities came in the 2nd half. JCS had 2 first downs in the 1st half and the first one was by a penalty against Peabody with about 6 minutes to go in the half. JCS is a fine team with great kids and talent but that night they were manhandled by Peabody. If they play 10 times, i dont know what the result would be, but two weeks ago, it was all Tide. Good luck to all of OUR teams in Region 8AA, it truly is a shame what the powers that be (TSSAA) have done to our area teams and the bracketing for the tournament. And yes, look around the state and Humboldt should have been in also..

I think if you go back and look closely at the Peabody-JCS game, all of those opportunities came in the 2nd half. JCS had 2 first downs in the 1st half and the first one was by a penalty against Peabody with about 6 minutes to go in the half. JCS is a fine team with great kids and talent but that night they were manhandled by Peabody. If they play 10 times, i dont know what the result would be, but two weeks ago, it was all Tide. Good luck to all of OUR teams in Region 8AA, it truly is a shame what the powers that be (TSSAA) have done to our area teams and the bracketing for the tournament. And yes, look around the state and Humboldt should have been in also..

I don't want to get into a woulda-coulda-shoulda because we did get our tails kicked... I don't want to go back and review what was in the first and second half because like any JCS fan I'm trying to forget that game.... (Ha!) But when you said "it was all Tide" I thought that was interesting because that was exactly the feel of the game. Peabody played like the Crimson Tide against Tennessee that night. No matter what Peabody's got a great team and you are peaking at the right time. Good luck.

The Tide can contain and hang with the "VIEW" if they don't give up the big play.. Clearly Harper will be the best athlete on the field and how he goes will be the way the Tide RoLLS /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I just hope they don't mess the field up too much cause UTM has to play Murray on it on Saturday.. which begs the question '' WHY can't little Westview build a field out in the pasture when they put the new school up about a decade ago?? /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

No - They did not. That one stat prevented them from making the playoffs I think.

You are correct in that Humboldt did not beat a team over .500. Had Crockett Co beat Dyer Co they probably woulda been in but that didn't happen. Humboldt had 3 overtime games this year in which they lost two of them. Had either the Giles Co or Trenton overtimes gone different they would've been in. Good luck to the 8 2a teams.

The Tide can contain and hang with the "VIEW" if they don't give up the big play.. Clearly Harper will be the best athlete on the field and how he goes will be the way the Tide RoLLS /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I just hope they don't mess the field up too much cause UTM has to play Murray on it on Saturday.. which begs the question '' WHY can't little Westview build a field out in the pasture when they put the new school up about a decade ago?? /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

He wasnt the best athlete the first time these two teams played and I doubt he will be this time. If not for one run, he barely has over 100 yds of Total offenese. Harper is an excellent player but IMO he's facing the Reigon MVP in Harrison Moore Friday night.

As far as the stadium goes.....Westview has played at UTM for so long I think everyone (except Coach Coady) is afraid of change. I think you'll see WHS have it's own stadium very soon though

He wasnt the best athlete the first time these two teams played and I doubt he will be this time. If not for one run, he barely has over 100 yds of Total offenese. Harper is an excellent player but IMO he's facing the Reigon MVP in Harrison Moore Friday night.

As far as the stadium goes.....Westview has played at UTM for so long I think everyone (except Coach Coady) is afraid of change. I think you'll see WHS have it's own stadium very soon though

Harper is a good athlete.

Now, as far as the stadium goes, Westview plays on the road every game ... so it don't matter. Whether Westview plays 4 miles down the road at UTM or 10 Miles down the Road at Dresden or 53 Miles down the Road at JCS ... its all the same. All away games.

Again, my point being -- why don't the folks in Martin get off their wallets and build the kids somewhere to play instead of mooching off of UTM.. You don't see any of the other area schools doing this, they have a place to play that they PAYED for with tax payer funds and the little kids there at Westview deserve better..

BTW-- Harper will be the best athlete on the field Friday night -whether his team wins or not /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

You people betta' recognize!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />