PEABODY @ WESTVIEW

freeacen

This should be a good game depending on how the teams play! Last time Westview man handled Trenton, but from what i hear they aren't the same Peabody team that rolled into Hardy-Graham Stadium not to long ago! But Westview, will be fired up and ready to win this game! After the loss Friday my first words were "I feel sorry for the team that plays Westview next!" These boys are not happy! They just had their senior night, region title, and undefeated regular season snatched away by Milan! I believe Harper and the Tide are in trouble in this one! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Westview- 35

Trenton- 6

What is the status on Matt Smith?? Him being out really hurt WV last week?

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Tide can contain and hang with the "VIEW" if they don't give up the big play.. Clearly Harper will be the best athlete on the field and how he goes will be the way the Tide RoLLS /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> I just hope they don't mess the field up too much cause UTM has to play Murray on it on Saturday.. which begs the question '' WHY can't little Westview build a field out in the pasture when they put the new school up about a decade ago?? /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

Why would you spend $100's of thousands of dollars to build and maintain a facility 1/2 the size and quality with 1/2 the parking and facilities as the one you have at your disposal.....and with all the really great seats with backs, not to mention the best visitors section that I have seen anywhere????

Again, my point being -- why don't the folks in Martin get off their wallets and build the kids somewhere to play instead of mooching off of UTM.. You don't see any of the other area schools doing this, they have a place to play that they PAYED for with tax payer funds and the little kids there at Westview deserve better.. BTW-- Harper will be the best athlete on the field Friday night -whether his team wins or not /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> You people betta' recognize!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Westview is funded by the county not the city, the property the school is on is owned by the county not the city I am fairly certain. They also pay UTM several thousand dollars each year to "mooch" off of them....

Again, my point being -- why don't the folks in Martin get off their wallets and build the kids somewhere to play instead of mooching off of UTM.. You don't see any of the other area schools doing this, they have a place to play that they PAYED for with tax payer funds and the little kids there at Westview deserve better..

Why would you spend $100's of thousands of dollars to build and maintain a facility 1/2 the size and quality with 1/2 the parking and facilities as the one you have at your disposal.....and with all the really great seats with backs, not to mention the best visitors section that I have seen anywhere????Westview is funded by the county not the city, the property the school is on is owned by the county not the city I am fairly certain. They also pay UTM several thousand dollars each year to "mooch" off of them....

If Westview had a choice to play at Westview or play at UTM, I am sure that Westview would play at Westview. As it is right now, we do not have a choice where we play. A stadium at Westview would benefit all of the 600+ students at Westview, where as right now we are paying UTM to play there and only being able to use the facility for 20 hours a year. It has nothing to do with anyone getting off their wallets. The county is the one with the purse strings right now. Things are moving forward though, but when you get ready to help finance this thing, then you can get off your wallet, till then ... remember that opinions are much like the paper upon which they are written ... very easily wadded up and thrown away.

It doesn't matter who funds the school-( I know it's a Weakley County School) the folks in Martin pay county taxes I would assume(property taxes at least) if not then the folks in Martin are sending their kids to school at Westview and the county is picking up the tab- I find that hard to believe. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

As for mooching of UTM and using their facilities- think about it-- It would make sense to make an investment in the kids for once and have something that you would eventually own rather than paying UTM RENT to use their facilities..

C'mon Martin-- STEP up and do it for the kids!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Although Harper is a very very good athlete, He is not the all around athlete that Moore is. I have never seen anyone play 5 different positions and excel at all of them. I don’t know how the kid doesn’t pass out. I would be unconscious in the field house with and IV in my arm. Harper really just scrambles around and tries to break loose and if he can’t he passes.

Why is talking aobut the status of a player not ethical? I think the fans have a right to know how he is doing.

One, if you are a Westview fan and live in Martin, all you have to do is ask. Plus, if you knew them, then you would know what is wrong with them. Two, they are minors (meaning under the age of 18). This isn't college or the NFL. I know some of the Milan players, but I don't ask them about anyone except the people I know because it is none of my business who is hurt on their team. Its just not ethical to throw out anyone's personal information to the public. Can I have your bank account number, social security number, and date of birth? Have you ever had an STD? It none of my business.

It would make sense to make an investment in the kids for once and have something that you would eventually own rather than paying UTM RENT to use their facilities.

Agreed. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

One, if you are a Westview fan and live in Martin, all you have to do is ask. Plus, if you knew them, then you would know what is wrong with them. Two, they are minors (meaning under the age of 18). This isn't college or the NFL. I know some of the Milan players, but I don't ask them about anyone except the people I know because it is none of my business who is hurt on their team. Its just not ethical to throw out anyone's personal information to the public. Can I have your bank account number, social security number, and date of birth? Have you ever had an STD? It none of my business.

Agreed. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Amen to that. Medical records are pretty intensely guarded by HIPPA. I'm pretty sure there is a reason for that legislature.

It would probably be wise not to discuss the status of any player on this board. Its really not ethical. Your daughter can give you the status after she asks at school.

Well I can call his mom, since I know her fairly well, I just didn't know discussing the status was unethical??? But I guess not wanting the opposing team to know would be in the best interest of our boys.