McNairy Central vs David Lipscomb

sportsnutdad

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Goodpasture, CPA, DCA, FRA, Ezell Harding, Knoxville Catholic, Notre Dame, & DAVID LIPSCOMB are all "Private Schools" that play in other classes outside of D-II. How is it that the Mustangs are the only guilty team that you want to point out????? Is it because they are always successful and always beat other teams brains in because they have kids that work and play hard and are well coached????? If so then my friend you are one jealous induvidual.

A "big city private school" guy huh????? I am from CHEATHAM COUNTY friend. David Lipscomb beat the Cubs in week four 42-0 and it was a 28-0 game six minutes into the contest. They could have scored 200+ points on that night had Coach Mac & Co. truly wanted to do so. THANK THE GOOD LORD THAT THEY DID NOT ELECT TO DO THIS!!! I have always and will continue to always tip my cap to David Lipscomb whether we are fortunate enough to beat them or whether they continue to beat us. I have the upmost respect for their players, coaches, and fans. They are a class bunch all the way around. For you to degrade their accomplishments by posting this garbage is really and truly sad on your part and it's retarded all the way around.

GOOD LUCK TO THE DAVID LIPSCOMB MUSTANGS IN THE PLAYOFFS!!!!!

Hold on Big Boy, don't stroke out. You have never heard me say DL is not a quality program, I've seen them play alot, against many different teams in different divisions. But what you and vandy man don't understand are the hurdles many rural schools have, hurdles that a school like DL will never face. DL coaches know it, and they use it to their advantage very well. They can organize and train their players in a manner that is simply not an option for their rural counterparts.

Hats off to them they are a heck of a program, but they still need to play in a private school division. The rural schools I am talking about don't have the option of pulling players from other schools because....there aren't any.

So, in one corner you have rural schools that just play what they have because that is their only option. In another you have public schools in more populated areas that can compete because the atheletes go to this school or that one. Then you have the private schools that can form a total feeder system, become known for one facet or another and be a school that the "haves" position themselves positively against the "have nots".

The TSSAA should level the playing feild all they can, one way is for Private schools to play private schools when it comes to state titles.

WITH ALL THAT SAID BIG COUNTRY, YOU MAY BE FROM CHEATAM COUNTY BUT YOU HAVE A HUGE MAN CRUSH ON DL.....DONT BE ASHAMED...,.JUST EMBRACE IT!!!!!

Hold on Big Boy, don't stroke out. You have never heard me say DL is not a quality program, I've seen them play alot, against many different teams in different divisions. But what you and vandy man don't understand are the hurdles many rural schools have, hurdles that a school like DL will never face. DL coaches know it, and they use it to their advantage very well. They can organize and train their players in a manner that is simply not an option for their rural counterparts.

I still don't understand your point here. What hurdles? Coaching is Coaching, Fundamentals are fundamentals. Training is training. Does your team not have weights or someone to conduct a conditioning program and there is nothing new in the training room in the Lipscomb stadium. Everything they have is many years old. I think one of the coaches who handles conditioning is also a english teacher. Every coach at Lipscomb, teaches full time and usually coaches another sport. The Head Coach also serves as Dean of Students. You are vague in your explanations between the public school and Lipscomb. Lipscomb has hurdles, mainly budgetary ones. One week we had to pass the hat in order to get another field lining machine. I had a Lexington Fan so mad after the game wanted to know where we learned our pregame warmups. They had never seen anything like it and wanted to know how much it cost. I was perplexed and didn't know what to tell the guy...it didn't cost anything. It was just a pregame warmup procedure. He then told me perhaps Lexington coaches needed to come up during the summer and spend a week with the Lipscomb staff.

And what advantages does the Lipscomb staff have over the rural schools. The only advantage that I might see, is that the Lipscomb coaches do not have to go into the student body and try to round up enough players. The players want to play and they come out. The rural coaches perhaps (I don't know if all public schools can be called rural) need to do a better job in getting the boys out to play ball and being committed. (don't give us that the others have to work...thats not the case either. I know too many families in the public schools in middle tennessee and I know that dog won't hunt)

Some of the better places for facilities are in public schools. We were really impressed with the new stadium and turf and Greenbrier, The Stadium at Dyersburg was a pretty nice play (they told us that Dyer County had a even better place) Marshall County has an indoor practice facility. Help us out here, we're trying understand your points.

Hats off to them they are a heck of a program, but they still need to play in a private school division. The rural schools I am talking about don't have the option of pulling players from other schools because....there aren't any.

So, in one corner you have rural schools that just play what they have because that is their only option. In another you have public schools in more populated areas that can compete because the atheletes go to this school or that one. Then you have the private schools that can form a total feeder system, become known for one facet or another and be a school that the "haves" position themselves positively against the "have nots".

The TSSAA should level the playing feild all they can, one way is for Private schools to play private schools when it comes to state titles.

WITH ALL THAT SAID BIG COUNTRY, YOU MAY BE FROM CHEATAM COUNTY BUT YOU HAVE A HUGE MAN CRUSH ON DL.....DONT BE ASHAMED...,.JUST EMBRACE IT!!!!!

No team in the state has equal circumstances. Some are blessed with better athletes. Some with better kids. Some with better budgets. No team in the state has exactly the same circumstances. The whole point of sports is that the field is not level. If everything were equal all games would end in a tie. In order for someone to win, one team has to work harder, have a better coach, get some lucky breaks, have a great player, etc. The only way you describe as fair, is to award every team a state championship just for having a team. Nice system that would be. I bet every kid would be proud to have earned that! Isn't it bad enough that we have 8 state champions now?!

I still don't understand your point here. What hurdles? Coaching is Coaching, Fundamentals are fundamentals. Training is training. Does your team not have weights or someone to conduct a conditioning program and there is nothing new in the training room in the Lipscomb stadium. Everything they have is many years old. I think one of the coaches who handles conditioning is also a english teacher. Every coach at Lipscomb, teaches full time and usually coaches another sport. The Head Coach also serves as Dean of Students. You are vague in your explanations between the public school and Lipscomb. Lipscomb has hurdles, mainly budgetary ones. One week we had to pass the hat in order to get another field lining machine. I had a Lexington Fan so mad after the game wanted to know where we learned our pregame warmups. They had never seen anything like it and wanted to know how much it cost. I was perplexed and didn't know what to tell the guy...it didn't cost anything. It was just a pregame warmup procedure. He then told me perhaps Lexington coaches needed to come up during the summer and spend a week with the Lipscomb staff.

And what advantages does the Lipscomb staff have over the rural schools. The only advantage that I might see, is that the Lipscomb coaches do not have to go into the student body and try to round up enough players. The players want to play and they come out. The rural coaches perhaps (I don't know if all public schools can be called rural) need to do a better job in getting the boys out to play ball and being committed. (don't give us that the others have to work...thats not the case either. I know too many families in the public schools in middle tennessee and I know that dog won't hunt)

Some of the better places for facilities are in public schools. We were really impressed with the new stadium and turf and Greenbrier, The Stadium at Dyersburg was a pretty nice play (they told us that Dyer County had a even better place) Marshall County has an indoor practice facility. Help us out here, we're trying understand your points.

What about having your kids repeat 8th grade? Is it true Lipscomb has historically held back athletes in 8th grade so they'll be stronger, faster, more familiar with the system? I'm assuming if Lipscomb does this it's allowed by the TSSAA. If so, maybe some of the publics should hold their good athletes back so their kids will be turning 19 instead of 18 during their senior year. At that age one more year of physical maturation makes a ton of difference.

What about having your kids repeat 8th grade? Is it true Lipscomb has historically held back athletes in 8th grade so they'll be stronger, faster, more familiar with the system? I'm assuming if Lipscomb does this it's allowed by the TSSAA. If so, maybe some of the publics should hold their good athletes back so their kids will be turning 19 instead of 18 during their senior year. At that age one more year of physical maturation makes a ton of difference.

Every school in the state has the same rule. You cannot turn 19 before September 1 of your senior year.

First of all I don't go to McNairy. I follow high school football in west and middle Tennessee. I am not trying to say David Lipscomb is not a good football team...if they weren't a good football team then they wouldn't be 9-1. All I am saying is that they are being glorified by every one from middle Tennessee. Middle Tennessee football is no better than west Tennessee football. McNairy and Lipscomb are evenly matched but I think McNairy will out play Lipscomb.

Obviously you know nothing about DL. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

Every school in the state has the same rule. You cannot turn 19 before September 1 of your senior year.

If that's the case you could easily intentionally hold kids back if you thought as a parent that was the best thing for your child especially if they might have a better shot at a scholarship by being more physically mature. Most kids turn 18 DURING their senior year unless you were one of the unfortunate "younger" kids who got his driver's license after everyone else and turned 18 after graduation because you had a summer birthday. Most kids wouldn't be 19 before September 1st. It seems holding a kid back is an option. Maybe it's an option Lipscomb has exercised to benefit it's program. I've heard they do that, but I certainly don't want to speak for them. Maybe they have. Maybe they haven't. Maybe they've done it from time to time. If they have, we all know another year of growth could make a difference in a kid's physical development. Something to consider for schools who are trying to compete with Lipscomb if in fact they do this.

If that's the case you could easily intentionally hold kids back if you thought as a parent that was the best thing for your child especially if they might have a better shot at a scholarship by being more physically mature. Most kids turn 18 DURING their senior year unless you were one of the unfortunate "younger" kids who got his driver's license after everyone else and turned 18 after graduation because you had a summer birthday. Most kids wouldn't be 19 before September 1st. It seems holding a kid back is an option. Maybe it's an option Lipscomb has exercised to benefit it's program. I've heard they do that, but I certainly don't want to speak for them. Maybe they have. Maybe they haven't. Maybe they've done it from time to time. If they have, we all know another year of growth could make a difference in a kid's physical development. Something to consider for schools who are trying to compete with Lipscomb if in fact they do this.

My son is a sophomore on the DL football team and is the second string LT. He is 15 and doesn't turn 16 until late April, so he is fairly young. (Therefore, he won't turn 18 until a month before he graduates.) I can assure you that there is no school or effort by the coaches to hold kids back. My son attended a public school in Williamson County until the 6th grade. I would say on the average more kids in his class at DL are slightly older, but it is purely a parental choice. The few kids at DL I know that were held back between the 3rd and 8th grades were held back purely for academic/maturity reasons. I only know of 2 or 3 kids across 5 or 6 classes, so this assertion is purely untrue.

The factors Vandy1 and others have stated are true, but I will add one or two things that are unique at DL. I believe as a by product of having a very well run and successful program and a winning tradition, there is a sense of competition among the boys on the team. They see the class in front of them strive for excellence and they know it's expected of them and they want to be a part of that tradition. (I know it takes years to develop a tradition to this point.) The other thing I will say is that coach Mac and his staff do a great job of motivating kids to play hard and desiring to improve. Not all coaches are good at all parts of coaching. Some are great at X's and Os, but are terrible with kids. Some are great with kids and don't know how to manage a program. Coach Mac and his staff do a great job on a small budget. Lipscomb doesn't recruit kids from other schools either. (They probably lose more good athletes to schools like BA, MBA, etc.. between the 6th and 12th grades than they have transfer into Lipscomb, and that is the truth.)

SND

I had a Lexington Fan so mad after the game wanted to know where we learned our pregame warmups. They had never seen anything like it and wanted to know how much it cost. I was perplexed and didn't know what to tell the guy...it didn't cost anything. It was just a pregame warmup procedure. He then told me perhaps Lexington coaches needed to come up during the summer and spend a week with the Lipscomb staff.

I remember when your coach was a Milan assistant on the 77' state champ team. He's a good one.

What's amazing is how a lot of public school coaches that want to whine about how the privates have these advantages. The majority of those same coaches NEVER go to the state championship games and try to learn something they can use in their program.

You bet your bottom dollar that I do. Why?????

David Lipscomb did it the right way. When Coach Mac took over at DL the football team was HORRIBLE. They rebuilt and took their lumps in the beginning of "The McAdams Era" but when the wins came boy did they ever come in bunches. David Lipscomb plays the game the right way also. They are not pretty. They aren't going to throw all over the yard all night long. They just line up and do what they do. Offensively this means that they are going to run the trap, run the buck sweep, run the rocket sweep, and run the weakside iso. I CAN TELL MCNAIRY CENTRAL THIS 1,000 TIMES & IT STILL WON'T MATTER!!!! The Mustangs have an identity and they never get away from it or try and change it due to what other teams do to them. THAT IS THE MARK OF A SUCCESSFUL FOOTBALL TEAM!!!

For people to get on here EVERY SINGLE WEEK OF THE SEASON and say stuff like "Brentwood Academy would beat David Lipscomb by 40" or "You should play other private schools" is 100% RETARDED!!! Why diminish the success that the kids are having with some comment like that???? Why punish kids who's parents have done a great job through life of providing for them???? Most important of all though, WHY PUNISH A TEAM THAT DOES EVERYTHING THAT IT TAKES TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THE RIGHT WAYS?????

Football is about 3 BASIC THINGS!!!

1.) Running: The Mustangs run the football against everyone that they play week in and week out.

2.) Blocking: The Mustangs get after folks in a manner that is not dirty but what it is is hard nosed football at it's best.

3.) Tackling: The Mustangs are dominate on defense allowing virtually nothing to the opposition. They punish their opponents.

THERE AREN'T MANY TEAMS STATEWIDE THAT DO THESE THINGS BETTER THAN THE DAVID LIPSCOMB MUSTANGS & THEREFORE THAT'S WHY THERE AREN'T MANY TEAMS THAT CAN BEAT THE DAVID LIPSCOMB MUSTANGS /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />