Question for the Oakland folks...

Football Man

I just think that alot of emphasis will be to get an established head coach. Patterson had done a great job and Smyrna Middle and I hope he is considered for the job, especially given that he is one of our own. I would love to see a alum take over at Oakland.

He has coached his teams to three straight championship games in the rutherford county middle school conference, he has won two of them. He is a up and coming coach maybe a coordinator or something?

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can you imagine Rankin AND Flatt going for the same job? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

While it would be fun to watch I don't think it is gonna happen. I also 'think' Flatt has already sewed the Eagleville job up. And I 'think' Rankin is happy at Alcoa, but it IS the bonus time of year. Besides I see him trying for Hoover more than a school here in Tn.

Now Scharsch going to Oakland or Siegel would be interesting. Good young Coach that knows football and actually cares about the kids who play for him. Only thing that has hurt him in the last two seasons is the fact that his QB acted stupid and Coach S does not put up with that kind of stuff and deservedly benched him.

Do not get too excited........The Tennessean is is simply King Carltons advance publicity arm (they are enchanted by him). Carlton does love to see his name in the paper (see last coach search at Moore Co................he led those folks on for about a month!).

Here is a name that I think would be a great fit..............do not know if he would be interested. Jerry Joslin; still have not ever figured out why Gallatin let him go /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

verrrry interesting.......hmmmm!

Lebanon Coach Bobby Brown

Do not get too excited........The Tennessean is is simply King Carltons advance publicity arm (they are enchanted by him). Carlton does love to see his name in the paper (see last coach search at Moore Co................he led those folks on for about a month!).

Here is a name that I think would be a great fit..............do not know if he would be interested. Jerry Joslin; still have not ever figured out why Gallatin let him go /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

Coach Bobby Brown

That would be great--Devil town is losing all athletes after this year. Communist Rev. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

alcoa has winning football but I hear is not all that the Rankins thought it would be.

probably a long shot but as I said remember where you heard it 1st.

I dont think oakland want Flatt. he runs a basic d and a basic o and wins with his players being better than everyone else's and that will not be the case in the public school sector especially region 4.

He has coached his teams to three straight championship games in the rutherford county middle school conference, he has won two of them. He is a up and coming coach maybe a coordinator or something?

Very rarely do you see a jr hi coach get a head job at a 5A school. No disrespect to Patterson, b/c he has done well. However, he has had loads of talent too.. Of course I would love to see him in red, white, and blue once again. I just don't see us going in with someone with no experience at this level. Region 4 is BRUTAL.

alcoa has winning football but I hear is not all that the Rankins thought it would be.

probably a long shot but as I said remember where you heard it 1st.

I dont think oakland want Flatt. he runs a basic d and a basic o and wins with his players being better than everyone else's and that will not be the case in the public school sector especially region 4.

We have already heard the Rankin rumors on Friday night, so you aren't giving us a big scoop here. Word says he and Collins have already talked about this and how much his wife hates it in Alcoa. So much for wanting your son to grow up in a small town......Myself, I think it is the usual " I want a raise to stay ploy" that has been so successful in the past for him.

We have a different type of population at Oakland and the players need someone who will try to lead them in the right direction with fair discipline and love with a push in academics and post high school plans. Rankin would not be a fit. I am not sure Flatt would know how to get the best out of our students either. Big difference in the socio-economics at Oakland vs what he was used to at BA. But, no argument that both know how to coach.

We have already heard the Rankin rumors on Friday night, so you aren't giving us a big scoop here. Word says he and Collins have already talked about this and how much his wife hates it in Alcoa. So much for wanting your son to grow up in a small town......Myself, I think it is the usual " I want a raise to stay ploy" that has been so successful in the past for him.

We have a different type of population at Oakland and the players need someone who will try to lead them in the right direction with fair discipline and love with a push in academics and post high school plans. Rankin would not be a fit. I am not sure Flatt would know how to get the best out of our students either. Big difference in the socio-economics at Oakland vs what he was used to at BA. But, no argument that both know how to coach.

Who knows??? Do you really feel like the rumor is true? I have always respected/enjoyed your posts. Coach appears to like Alcoa, but I have not heard that about his wife. We'll just treat it as just that, a rumor for now.