Question for the Oakland folks...

Football Man

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard from a reliable source that the man who will be the next head coach has the initials of BP, but I will not disclose any more information on that at this time.

O-line...how bored do you hafta be to type these things haha....get out and go to some basketball games or something /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

2 much emotion=hothead=flags=you??

great relationships dont always = respect 4 a coach

imho only 1 asst. coach earns the rite 2 stay

coach moose

my cuz needs discipline

coaches aint in hs anymore

u aint there 2 b their friend

clank clank

I never saw one flag on the Patriot sideline during Ferg's entire tenure. Maybe there were some, but I didn't see any. Emotion does not necessarily equal hotheads. I didn't say the coaches needed to be jerks, but if that's how you read it, sorry. My oldest child goes to school there and I would just love to see them get back to the winning ways that I saw before we became involved with OHS. My high school coach was very laid back and we won a lot of games, but I don't know if that type of coaching works with today's players.

My bet is on McDaniel. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> He's young and can grow right along with the program. I heard his players, and all of the coaches he's worked with from RHS and Moore Co have lots of respect for him. I expect to see him back in Rutherford County soon.

I will tell you that when Rick Butler was at Oakland, we had a lot of flags thrown on the sidelines. It was embarrassing to all of us parents in the crowd how he would go off. It affected the players b/c they couldn't get settled back down after it. It also caused the players to get unsportsmanlike penalties b/c monkey see monkey do syndrome. We still had a bit of residue from his behavior even when Marty was on board. And b/c of it that cost us later in the playoffs.......IE Wardell and Rhodes getting ejected for disrespect to the ref......2 crucial players to our team. You don't get respect unless you give respect and it filters down from the top. I suppose you also saw how that emotion of Rick's cost Siegel last yr with the superintendent stepping in and removing him as a coach b/c of his antics against a referee. The players feed off of the coach. Being fired up is a good thing as I saw with Coach Smith. I enjoyed watching him and hope he returns this next yr with the new staff . He was a good addition to the staff and it seemed the players related well to him.

I like encouragement, energy, and love for the game. I do not like cussing or chasing after the ref from/on the sidelines....let the crowd do that instead. hahahahaha

I am just anxious to get this hire in place and quit the speculation. It isn't fair to the players.

I will tell you that when Rick Butler was at Oakland, we had a lot of flags thrown on the sidelines. It was embarrassing to all of us parents in the crowd how he would go off. It affected the players b/c they couldn't get settled back down after it. It also caused the players to get unsportsmanlike penalties b/c monkey see monkey do syndrome. We still had a bit of residue from his behavior even when Marty was on board. And b/c of it that cost us later in the playoffs.......IE Wardell and Rhodes getting ejected for disrespect to the ref......2 crucial players to our team. You don't get respect unless you give respect and it filters down from the top. I suppose you also saw how that emotion of Rick's cost Siegel last yr with the superintendent stepping in and removing him as a coach b/c of his antics against a referee. The players feed off of the coach. Being fired up is a good thing as I saw with Coach Smith. I enjoyed watching him and hope he returns this next yr with the new staff . He was a good addition to the staff and it seemed the players related well to him.

I like encouragement, energy, and love for the game. I do not like cussing or chasing after the ref from/on the sidelines....let the crowd do that instead. hahahahaha

I am just anxious to get this hire in place and quit the speculation. It isn't fair to the players.

I just want to know what y'all are going to do with the BIG money when 'British Petroleum' takes over the HC job? /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

I remember Rick "Scratch" Butler when he coached at Northeast. I did not know much about him when I played but what you all are saying seems consistent with his character then to.

O-line...how bored do you hafta be to type these things haha....get out and go to some basketball games or something /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I am pretty bored Pedo, but not bored enough to get into a fight with a band parent like some reporters I know. Besides you know I like to stir the pot just like my boss. /ohmy.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" />

I am pretty bored Pedo, but not bored enough to get into a fight with a band parent like some reporters I know. Besides you know I like to stir the pot just like my boss. /ohmy.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" />

haha you know if I could go back...I would do the same thing again lol ... and yea yea...I know. When does he sign on at Signal Mountain.

haha you know if I could go back...I would do the same thing again lol ... and yea yea...I know. When does he sign on at Signal Mountain.

And I appreciate the fact that you would do the same thing again, but we are talking Oakland here not Signal Mountain. If you want to talk about Signal mountain maybe you should start a thread on that.