Thoughts on Science Hill after watching SHHS vs. DB on CMS

topper1

One of the announcers for CMS is the voice of the ETSU Bucs (radio) and the other was a longtime sportscaster on WKPT-TV...they do have credentials and they show excitment and enthusiasm...they are both very nice guys...whether you like them or not, they are showcasing local high school kids and that is what is important.

Roll Tribe Roll

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

One of the announcers for CMS is the voice of the ETSU Bucs (radio) and the other was a longtime sportscaster on WKPT-TV...they do have credentials and they show excitment and enthusiasm...they are both very nice guys...whether you like them or not, they are showcasing local high school kids and that is what is important.

Roll Tribe Roll

They are nice guys. They would make good host for a home decorating show on TV. /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

I don't know what has gone on up in Johnson City this year, but hate him or love him, I know Scott Smith knows how to coach football. That is not up for debate, not even a little. I know of some other coaches in Middle Tennessee who despise him, but they will concede that fact. He probably just doesn't have the material to do what he wants to do offensively right now at Science Hill. Yeah, he's a little bit eccentric, and I have thought from the jump that his personality was a bad fit for NET (he's a much better fit in the Nashville burbs) but he has done a good job everywhere he has been. Trust me, Indy would not be in as good a shape right now if Scott didn't help build that program.

And the comment above from Bulldog is slanted. He's a guy that had a personality conflict with Smith a few years ago in WillCo and can't wait to jump on him at the first sign of struggle. Give the guy some time, and he'll probably get you a winner.

But my message to Smith would be this "More Money, More Problems". Sometimes, the fit is more important that the Benjamins. He would be best served at a place like he left, and there will be more opportunities for him in this area soon. He's a guy that Cane Ridge, Stewart's Creek (when it opens in 2010), or even Siegel (if it comes open) would be lucky to get. I think he really probably needs to get back to Middle Tennessee ASAP, but he's going to have to set down some roots at some point. He's got a little bit of Larry Brown in him!

I don't know what has gone on up in Johnson City this year, but hate him or love him, I know Scott Smith knows how to coach football. That is not up for debate, not even a little. I know of some other coaches in Middle Tennessee who despise him, but they will concede that fact. He probably just doesn't have the material to do what he wants to do offensively right now at Science Hill. Yeah, he's a little bit eccentric, and I have thought from the jump that his personality was a bad fit for NET (he's a much better fit in the Nashville burbs) but he has done a good job everywhere he has been. Trust me, Indy would not be in as good a shape right now if Scott didn't help build that program.

And the comment above from Bulldog is slanted. He's a guy that had a personality conflict with Smith a few years ago in WillCo and can't wait to jump on him at the first sign of struggle. Give the guy some time, and he'll probably get you a winner.

But my message to Smith would be this "More Money, More Problems". Sometimes, the fit is more important that the Benjamins. He would be best served at a place like he left, and there will be more opportunities for him in this area soon. He's a guy that Cane Ridge, Stewart's Creek (when it opens in 2010), or even Siegel (if it comes open) would be lucky to get. I think he really probably needs to get back to Middle Tennessee ASAP, but he's going to have to set down some roots at some point. He's got a little bit of Larry Brown in him!

Interesting post but I haven't anything to suggest he is a good game coach. Same mistakes repeated over and over.

Just finnished his forth season coaching in 5A. Has "1" win over a 5A team with a winning record. Maybe he shouldn't of bent over in front of Larry Brown. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

Just finnished his forth season coaching in 5A. Has "1" win over a 5A team with a winning record. Maybe he shouldn't of bent over in front of Larry Brown. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

Looks like Waco's mom has changed her slam on Smith's 5A record. Still. good to see Waco's her normal self with another non-football comment. You girls are a hoot!