William Blount at Bearden

jethro

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

all i know is i would like to make a reference to the post earlier in the week that said they would take burstron and garner over work and halliday. halliday and works are the real deal , need i say anymore, 286 passing, 144 rushing, burstrom over halliday, are you kidding me(that is the funnest thing i have ever heard) halliday is on a different planet than burnstrom, in every way

all i know is i would like to make a reference to the post earlier in the week that said they would take burstron and garner over work and halliday. halliday and works are the real deal , need i say anymore, 286 passing, 144 rushing, burstrom over halliday, are you kidding me(that is the funnest thing i have ever heard) halliday is on a different planet than burnstrom, in every way

Jethro? Tpoole?

What in the world happened? I picked WB to win the state, a national ranking as well, all world, etc. What went wrong?

I saw an earlier post where Jethro voted Meadows to be coach of the year, I guess he still could be, & if that is the case Phil Fulmer should be as well.

Most outsiders on this board were just like me making bold predictions, buying into this program.

WB actually ran all over my team, I went home with my tail between my legs,

I was looking for a team to jump on the band wagon with & now this. My friends have already started ribbing me...

Tpoole, I just don't know what to say..... 30-0? I mean blow out my team, ok --but WB blown out?

This post is meant for educational purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Void where prohibited. Some assembly required. List each check separately by bank number. Batteries not included. Contents may settle during shipment. Use only as directed. No other warranty expressed or implied. Do not use while operating a motor vehicle or heavy equipment. Postage will be paid by addressee. Subject to CAB approval. This is not an offer to sell securities. Apply only to affected area. May be too intense for some viewers. Do not stamp. Use other side for additional listings. For recreational use only. Do not disturb. All models over 18 years of age. If condition persists, consult your physician. No user-serviceable parts inside. Freshest if eaten before date on carton. Subject to change without notice. Times approximate. Simulated picture. No postage necessary if mailed in the United States. Breaking seal constitutes acceptance of agreement. For off-road use only. As seen on TV. One size fits all. Many suitcases look alike. Contains a substantial amount of non-tobacco ingredients. Colors may, in time, fade. We have sent the forms which seem right for you. Slippery when wet. For office use only. Not affiliated with the American Red Cross. Drop in any mailbox. Edited for television. Keep cool. process promptly. Post office will not deliver without postage. List was current at time of printing. Return to sender, no forwarding order on file, unable to forward. Not responsible for direct, indirect, incidental or consequential damages resulting from any defect, error or failure to perform. At participating locations only. Not the Beatles. Penalty for private use. See label for sequence. Substantial penalty for early withdrawal. Do not write below this line. Falling rock. Lost ticket pays maximum rate. Your canceled check is your receipt. Add toner. Place stamp here. Avoid contact with skin. Sanitized for your protection. Be sure each item is properly endorsed. Sign here without admitting guilt. Slightly higher west of the Mississippi. Employees and their families are not eligible. Beware of dog. Contestants have been briefed on some questions before the show. Limited time offer, call now to ensure prompt delivery. You must be present to win. No passes accepted for this engagement. No purchase necessary. Processed at location stamped in code at top of carton. Shading within a garment may occur. Use only in a well-ventilated are. Keep away from fire or flames. Replace with same type. Approved for veterans. Booths for two or more. Check here if tax deductible. Some equipment shown is optional. Price does not include taxes. No Canadian coins. Not recommended for children. Prerecorded for this time zone. Reproduction strictly prohibited. No solicitors. No alcohol, dogs or horses. No anchovies unless otherwise specified. Restaurant package, not for resale. List at least two alternate dates. First pull up, then pull down. Call toll free before digging. Driver does not carry cash. Some of the trademarks mentioned in this product appear for identification purposes only. Record additional transactions on back of previous stub. Unix is a registered trademark of AT&T. Do not fold, spindle or mutilate. No transfers issued until the bus comes to a complete stop. Package sold by weight, not volume. Your mileage may vary. This article does not reflect the thoughts or opinions of either myself, my company, my friends, or my cat. Don't quote me on that. Don't quote me on anything. All rights reserved. You may distribute this article freely but you may not make a profit from it. Terms are subject to change without notice. Illustrations are slightly enlarged to show detail. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, is unintentional and purely coincidental. Do not remove this disclaimer under penalty of law. Hand wash only, tumble dry on low heat. Do not bend, fold, mutilate, or spindle. No substitutions allowed. For a limited time only. This article is void where prohibited, taxed, or otherwise restricted. Caveat emptor. Article is provided "as is" without any warranties. Reader assumes full responsibility. An equal opportunity article. No shoes, no shirt, no articles. quantities are limited while supplies last. If any defects are discovered, do not attempt to read them yourself, but return to an authorized service center. Read at your own risk. Parental advisory - explicit lyrics. Text may contain explicit materials some readers may find objectionable, parental guidance is advised. Keep away from sunlight. Keep away from pets and small children. Limit one-per-family please. No money down. No purchase necessary. You need not be present to win. Some assembly required. Batteries not included. Instructions are included. Action figures sold separately. No preservatives added. Slippery when wet. Safety goggles may be required during use. Sealed for your protection, do not read if safety seal is broken. Call before you dig. Not liable for damages arising from use or misuse. For external use only. If rash, irritation, redness, or swelling develops, discontinue reading. Read only with proper ventilation. Avoid extreme temperatures and store in a cool dry place. Keep away from open flames. Avoid contact with eyes and skin and avoid inhaling fumes. Do not puncture, incinerate, or store above 120 degrees Fahrenheit. Do not place near a flammable or magnetic source. Smoking this article could be hazardous to your health. No salt, MSG, artificial color or flavoring added. If ingested, do not induce vomiting, and if symptoms persist, consult a physician. May cause any of the aforementioned effects and/or death. Possible penalties for early withdrawal. Offer valid only at participating sites. Slightly higher west of the Rockies. Allow four to six weeks for delivery. Must be 18 to read. Disclaimer does not cover misuse, accident, lightning, flood, tornado, tsunami, volcanic eruption, earthquake, hurricanes and other Acts of God, neglect, damage from improper reading, incorrect line voltage, improper or unauthorized reading, broken antenna or marred cabinet, missing or altered serial numbers, electromagnetic radiation from nuclear blasts, sonic boom vibrations, customer adjustments that are not covered in this list, and incidents owing to an airplane crash, ship sinking or taking on water, motor vehicle crashing, dropping the item, falling rocks, leaky roof, broken glass, mud slides, forest fire, or projectile (which can include, but not be limited to, arrows, bullets, shot, BB's, shrapnel, lasers, napalm, torpedoes, or emissions of X-rays, Alpha, Beta and Gamma rays, knives, stones, etc.). Other restrictions may apply.

This supersedes all previous notices. I almost forgot: GO GOVS

Red Rebels, eye thank eye no where you got all that. Eye beeleeve hit is posted on tha fence at Mairvul gaims, ever since a flag pole was disignated as a deadly weapon. /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

Beer-Den must haiv plaid grait. tpoole12 eye hope you got eat at Canpie's. W.B. had a good seesun.

pretty bossy for your 4 th post !!!!!!!!!! hey humpoopper, i m gonna do just what u said i promise lol /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

thats a bit immature just saying /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

but anyway great game Bearden, shocked about what happened. Look to me like William Blount could not adjust to what Bearden was doing offense and defense wise. No excuses for that hold your heads up though boys no matter what people say still a great year.

As for Bearden keep it up and hopefully see a great game vs. Farragut.

Jethro? Tpoole?

What in the world happened? I picked WB to win the state, a national ranking as well, all world, etc. What went wrong?

I saw an earlier post where Jethro voted Meadows to be coach of the year, I guess he still could be, & if that is the case Phil Fulmer should be as well.

Most outsiders on this board were just like me making bold predictions, buying into this program.

WB actually ran all over my team, I went home with my tail between my legs,

I was looking for a team to jump on the band wagon with & now this. My friends have already started ribbing me...

Tpoole, I just don't know what to say..... 30-0? I mean blow out my team, ok --but WB blown out?

I was at the game and I'm still not sure what happened.

The first quarter was 0-0. Both teams were strong defensively and each offense had maybe 1 first down or maybe 2. We were winning the field position game by virtue of our punter. I may be a a little confused, but I think it was 0-0 when we had them buried at the 1 yard line. We had a procedure call that moved it out to the 6. A couple of plays later, Bearden threw to a wide-open receiver, who raced down the field and scored. And that was it.

From that point on, our safeties and defenders were burnt. We had a few good plays and good stands, but it was not enough to put together anything sustained. Bearden spotted our weaknesses and exploited them expertly. We just didn't seem to want it. (Not taking anything, anything away from Bearden, but this wasn't the Blount team of several weeks ago). We just rolled over. I'm sure that there will be Bearden fans that will get on here and post a bunch of trash talk, but, in fairness, the team Bearden beat was not the same team as the one that played throughout the season.

Not to get too off-topic, but several fans are commenting that our last three games are typically against weaker opponents (McMinn, Bradley, Heritage) then we played Cambell Co., and its like we didn't have any energy or stamina or something. Once we got behind 7-0, we bent. The backbreaker was bearden scoring with 16 seconds to go in the half. That made it 17-0, and took a lot out of our players.

Bearden showed me something. I think if we played our top game, like we have basically every other game this year, it would have come down to one score. From what I saw, Bearden would have won it, even against our A game, but it would have been a game.

This is one of those games where you hate to see it end this way. This one will sting for a while. I'm sure Coach Meadows will regroup and come up with some new plans for next year. This offense was a radical departure from previous seasons and basically put WB "on the map" as a team to be reckoned with.

This sets up an interesting observation .... Farragut gave up 35 points to WB and barely beat them. Farragut gave up 30+ to Ooltewah and barely beat them. Bearden skunked us both. I'm beginning to think that Bearden has gotten must stronger than Farragut as the season has rolled on since their 2OT loss. And, I do think that Bearden wins the battle of West Knoxville. Should be a great game.

well good job bearden.. i am not sure what happened.. thats not the same wb team i have watched all year. and whoever said that tyler is on a different planet than halliday, is a moron.. thats the worst game he has played in 2 years.. bearden you have a good team.. no doubt.. you have one player that makes your win pretty ugly.. #85.. why did you have to run your mouth and make gestures to the cheerleaders at wb when you were up by 30 points?? man you sure are tough... i guess thats why you fell down on that last punt return.. i think someone got skeerd /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> ... your football team has pride and alot of it.. dont be a turd, and you looked like a jacka@# when you did that..... it made me want to play again.... well this will be my last post forever so dont bother even commenting on it... its the truth though.. enjoy this, you might have 2 games left maybe.. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

you want to talk about class , coming from WB, that should be outlawed, how about those late hits about 5 sec after the wistle

well good job bearden.. i am not sure what happened.. thats not the same wb team i have watched all year. and whoever said that tyler is on a different planet than halliday, is a moron.. thats the worst game he has played in 2 years.. bearden you have a good team.. no doubt.. you have one player that makes your win pretty ugly.. #85.. why did you have to run your mouth and make gestures to the cheerleaders at wb when you were up by 30 points?? man you sure are tough... i guess thats why you fell down on that last punt return.. i think someone got skeerd /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> ... your football team has pride and alot of it.. dont be a turd, and you looked like a jacka@# when you did that..... it made me want to play again.... well this will be my last post forever so dont bother even commenting on it... its the truth though.. enjoy this, you might have 2 games left maybe.. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

i am the one that said halliday is a different planet than burstrom, and if you think any different than you are the moroon

I was at the game and I'm still not sure what happened.

The first quarter was 0-0. Both teams were strong defensively and each offense had maybe 1 first down or maybe 2. We were winning the field position game by virtue of our punter. I may be a a little confused, but I think it was 0-0 when we had them buried at the 1 yard line. We had a procedure call that moved it out to the 6. A couple of plays later, Bearden threw to a wide-open receiver, who raced down the field and scored. And that was it.

From that point on, our safeties and defenders were burnt. We had a few good plays and good stands, but it was not enough to put together anything sustained. Bearden spotted our weaknesses and exploited them expertly. We just didn't seem to want it. (Not taking anything, anything away from Bearden, but this wasn't the Blount team of several weeks ago). We just rolled over. I'm sure that there will be Bearden fans that will get on here and post a bunch of trash talk, but, in fairness, the team Bearden beat was not the same team as the one that played throughout the season.

Not to get too off-topic, but several fans are commenting that our last three games are typically against weaker opponents (McMinn, Bradley, Heritage) then we played Cambell Co., and its like we didn't have any energy or stamina or something. Once we got behind 7-0, we bent. The backbreaker was bearden scoring with 16 seconds to go in the half. That made it 17-0, and took a lot out of our players.

Bearden showed me something. I think if we played our top game, like we have basically every other game this year, it would have come down to one score. From what I saw, Bearden would have won it, even against our A game, but it would have been a game.

This is one of those games where you hate to see it end this way. This one will sting for a while. I'm sure Coach Meadows will regroup and come up with some new plans for next year. This offense was a radical departure from previous seasons and basically put WB "on the map" as a team to be reckoned with.

This sets up an interesting observation .... Farragut gave up 35 points to WB and barely beat them. Farragut gave up 30+ to Ooltewah and barely beat them. Bearden skunked us both. I'm beginning to think that Bearden has gotten must stronger than Farragut as the season has rolled on since their 2OT loss. And, I do think that Bearden wins the battle of West Knoxville. Should be a great game.

My thoughts are very similar. The entire 1st quarter and part of the second were literally played between the 20's. When we punted a 49 yarder that pinned them at the 1, I was smiling. I figured this game would be a battle of field postition and I liked our chances. Then came the 93 yard bomb. Their receiver was a full 20 yards behind our defense, stopped and waited for the ball, then turned and raced the last 40 yards. My gut started hurting. Then, they had another 50-60 yarder at the end of the half. I could no longer breathe at this point. The second half did nothing to ease my pain. Their receivers were wide open short, mid-range, and deep all night long. I'll discuss my feelings about the Govs on a future thread, but this is for Bearden. They brought their A game. WB most definitely did not. However, I'm not sure even WB's A game would have been enough on this particular Friday evening. Best of luck, Bulldogs! Woof! Woof!