Henry County vs Fairley

Red Dawn

Trader were you at the game? Have you seen the game on film? I gave Melrose alot of credit for having a very stingy defense, but the facts are facts. Northside had two drives that ended up on Melroses 2 inch line. The referee could have signaled touchdown twice and no one could have complained. I have seen it on film in slow motion and it could have gone either way on one of them. The other was just a bad call. Melrose got the spot and then held Northside out. My hats off to Melrose, but if you dont think that Northside scoring two or three touchdowns might have changed the way this game played out, your crazy.

Melrose won like 32 or 38 to nothing. Simply put melrose played stingy D as they have all year. you can talk about could of, should of, would all you want to but the fact is you had 0 points.

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Spartansfan. Rest assured, HC is not taking this Fairley team lightly. Nobody is to be taken lightly in November! Its live for another day or pack your bags. Our kickoff team is quite impressive with our ability to place the kick and get down field in a hurry. We saw the return you speak of. I would venture to say he will NOT see the ball coming his way on Friday. How tough was it to stop their quick little back? And does anyone know about that high jumper, is he back or did he graduate?

I WILL REPEAT THE OBVIOUS HC WILL NOT HAVE A COMPETITIVE GAME UNTIL SEMI'S!!!

HC had indeed played great this year , but really hasn't played an opponent even close to fairley in speed or a line as good of a line like fairly. This will be a close ball game so all of you folks who plan on going home at halftime better be ready for a dogfight. The ole saying goes speed kills, and fairley has a lot of it, and plus you have to bring in the revenge factor. for the last 2 years HC has sent those kids home with a loss and i'll gurantee you they come out playing with emotion and giving HC their best shot because they don't wanna go home for the third straight year on a long bus ride from HC.

Well you better stick your head in the sand friday night. cuz it's gonna be a close ball game.

HC had indeed played great this year , but really hasn't played an opponent even close to fairley in speed or a line as good of a line like fairly. This will be a close ball game so all of you folks who plan on going home at halftime better be ready for a dogfight. The ole saying goes speed kills, and fairley has a lot of it, and plus you have to bring in the revenge factor. for the last 2 years HC has sent those kids home with a loss and i'll gurantee you they come out playing with emotion and giving HC their best shot because they don't wanna go home for the third straight year on a long bus ride from HC.Well you better stick your head in the sand friday night. cuz it's gonna be a close ball game.

Xerces, not sure if you are a Fairley fan or not. But know for sure that Henry County is planning on a tough battle. HC's speed will become apparent as well. Its not like there is a lack of speed up here - lineman/linebackers included. Fairley has only played as potent of an offense as HC's only once - White Station. Who knows how this one will turn out, but I know that both teams will be fighting for this one. We know how tough it is to beat a team three times in a row. The Big Red faithful will be there in force as well...

If you believe that, then I am compelled to let you know that you are not very smart with respect to football in Memphis. Fairley will be a test. If Henry County wins, then the next game (Melrose/Kingsbury) will be a test. What is sadly OBVIOUS, is that you don't know what you are talking about. It's fine to be a strong Henry County fan, but that kind of post makes you look silly. If you truly believe what you say, and you are REALLY a Henry County fan, why would you even say it? Do you not think that players read Coacht? Why would you want them to read something like that? First of all, it's not true. Secondly, it would not help the team to read that, even if it were.

Red Warrior,

Your friends are absolutely correct about Fairley. In addition, they are turnover-prone.

I've seen Fairley play 3 times this year. Trust me, they are NOT a one-dimensional offensive team, as someone suggested. Unlike Melrose, however, Fairley will tend to stick with whatever's working, whether it's the run or pass....Their dimunitive running back, "Bow Legs," as he's affectionately called, is super quick and can be quite difficult to spot and corral, as he's squirts out of the backfield.

Melrose shut "Bow Legs" down and rendered him a non-factor. He ran absolutely wild on Kingsbury, shredding their defense practically everytime he touched the ball!

To defeat Fairley, Henry County must be prepared to defend the entire field. It would be a serious, strategic mistake for HC to focus on Fairley's running game.

Good to see you again on a playoff thread TraderB. No worries about HC being under prepared. They are well aware of the threats Fairley has both on the ground and in the air. Seems like their QB is an upgrade this year. I am just glad that high jumper is graduated! Do you know how many yards/TD's "Bow legs" had against Hardin County last week? I am anxious for this one to get here!

Go Big RED!!!

My friends in the Memphis area seem to think that Fairley is better offensively, but maybe not quite as good as they were last year on defense. Do you agree with that assessment? How do you expect the Melrose/Kingsbury game to go?

I do think that Fairley is not quite as good defensively as they've been the past two years. As far as the Melrose-Kingsbury game is concerned, don't look for a repeat from Kingsbury. Melrose is playing better now than they have all year, partly due to the fact that several key injuries have healed and they are at full strength. No way will there be a repeat performance by the running back as he's had over the last two weeks. (over 800 yds). Look for Melrose to limit Kingsbury to 7 points or less and their total rushing to less than 120. Melrose's defense will dominate and control field position. Look for a score somewhere around 28-7 (Melrose)

If you believe that, then I am compelled to let you know that you are not very smart with respect to football in Memphis. Fairley will be a test. If Henry County wins, then the next game (Melrose/Kingsbury) will be a test. What is sadly OBVIOUS, is that you don't know what you are talking about. It's fine to be a strong Henry County fan, but that kind of post makes you look silly. If you truly believe what you say, and you are REALLY a Henry County fan, why would you even say it? Do you not think that players read Coacht? Why would you want them to read something like that? First of all, it's not true. Secondly, it would not help the team to read that, even if it were.

You are so quick to throw out insults coach, It will be interesting if Henry county does beat Fairley soundly, will you eat your words or just say you were approaching on the side of caution which is just fine but to tell someone they do not know what they are talking about and calling them silly, is quite simply silly. Henry coutny is the better team and they are at home, and they have never lost to Fairley and I do not see them losing this year to Fairley. I predict a game in which there will be no doubt who the bettter team is at the end of the game as was the case the past two seasons. Revenge someone said, how about a little doubt on their part after losing two times to the Patriots. I am sure they were not wanting to have to come to Henry county in the second round,. maybe after the first loss it was that way but there has to be a little doubt in their players minds coach.

You are so quick to throw out insults coach, It will be interesting if Henry county does beat Fairley soundly, will you eat your words or just say you were approaching on the side of caution which is just fine but to tell someone they do not know what they are talking about and calling them silly, is quite simply silly. Henry coutny is the better team and they are at home, and they have never lost to Fairley and I do not see them losing this year to Fairley. I predict a game in which there will be no doubt who the bettter team is at the end of the game as was the case the past two seasons. Revenge someone said, how about a little doubt on their part after losing two times to the Patriots. I am sure they were not wanting to have to come to Henry county in the second round,. maybe after the first loss it was that way but there has to be a little doubt in their players minds coach.

I have gotten in trouble in the past for speaking a little quickly and bluntly, I will admit. However, I do think it to be silly to say that Henry County will not be tested or challenged until the semifinals. I stick by that blunt statement.

you know what your're right on the money. HC is head and shoulders above fairley. maybe they'll come and play like munford this past friday night, who was also clearly the best team. or like last year when munford was also clearly better than fairley, but still lost at home. This will be a close ball game, i just don't get it why everybody thinks that HC is gonna win 21+. I think some folks are gonna be suprised including you Because the Red Warrior is right on the money with this one

While a Big Red fan, I try to be objective and see things as they are. Some fans post with emotions. While the last few years may have some influence on some of the kids from Fairley, It didn't have an influence on HC in 2006 at the Mound (HC lost at the Mound in 05).

Back to the Fairley game. If you look at the only common opponent in Hardin, Henry Co seems to have the edge, but lets look at the entire schedule of both teams. Fairley has played 5 teams that are still in the playoffs going 2-3 in those games. No one that HC has played is still in the playoffs. This alone tells me that Fairley will be the best team Henry has faced this year - bar none.

Since I have not seen Fairley play, I have no idea what is in store Friday night. So far when Henry plays well, they have been hard to stop - but they have not played anyone as good as Fairley. I expect to see a very competitive game.

I read this forum often, but seldom post. I call things like I see them and try not to speculate and leave emotions out (which will put me in the minority on here). This is the NO SPIN ZONE! Fair and Balanced.

But I'm still a BIG RED FAN.......Go Big Red!

you know what your're right on the money. HC is head and shoulders above fairley. maybe they'll come and play like munford this past friday night, who was also clearly the best team. or like last year when munford was also clearly better than fairley, but still lost at home. This will be a close ball game, i just don't get it why everybody thinks that HC is gonna win 21+. I think some folks are gonna be suprised including you Because the Red Warrior is right on the money with this one

With experts like you and the Warrior, why should anyone else share their opinion. You say it will be close and the Warrior says so, I know Fairley is probably the best team that Henry county has played this year, and is defiitely the most important, their are no more runts out there. I for one think Henry county can win the state championship, I do not think Fairley can, I think that Henry coutny would beat Fairley 4 out of 5 times, If this game is to be so close that either team could win in the 4th quarter, then I guess Fariley would beat Henry county 5-10 times in you alls opinion of such a close match up.

With that being said, I do think that Henry county has to play good football to beat Fairley, if they show up and think that is enough to win, if they do not execute then Fairley beats them by 30, but that is not the Henry county that I have seen all year.

My prediction, but I obviously do not know what I am talking about because I pick Henry county to win

37-16