Henry County vs Fairley

Red Dawn

With experts like you and the Warrior, why should anyone else share their opinion. You say it will be close and the Warrior says so, I know Fairley is probably the best team that Henry county has played this year, and is defiitely the most important, their are no more runts out there. I for one think Henry county can win the state championship, I do not think Fairley can, I think that Henry coutny would beat Fairley 4 out of 5 times, If this game is to be so close that either team could win in the 4th quarter, then I guess Fariley would beat Henry county 5-10 times in you alls opinion of such a close match up.

With that being said, I do think that Henry county has to play good football to beat Fairley, if they show up and think that is enough to win, if they do not execute then Fairley beats them by 30, but that is not the Henry county that I have seen all year.

My prediction, but I obviously do not know what I am talking about because I pick Henry county to win

37-16

Just wondering, have you seen Fairley this year live or on tape?

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While a Big Red fan, I try to be objective and see things as they are. Some fans post with emotions. While the last few years may have some influence on some of the kids from Fairley, It didn't have an influence on HC in 2006 at the Mound (HC lost at the Mound in 05).

Back to the Fairley game. If you look at the only common opponent in Hardin, Henry Co seems to have the edge, but lets look at the entire schedule of both teams. Fairley has played 5 teams that are still in the playoffs going 2-3 in those games. No one that HC has played is still in the playoffs. This alone tells me that Fairley will be the best team Henry has faced this year - bar none.

Since I have not seen Fairley play, I have no idea what is in store Friday night. So far when Henry plays well, they have been hard to stop - but they have not played anyone as good as Fairley. I expect to see a very competitive game.

I read this forum often, but seldom post. I call things like I see them and try not to speculate and leave emotions out (which will put me in the minority on here). This is the NO SPIN ZONE! Fair and Balanced.

But I'm still a BIG RED FAN.......Go Big Red!

you speak well, and many points are well taken, the second trip to the mound was revenge, I have to think that if Henry county lost onits second trip to the mound it would have a little different effect on the mentality. As I put in my previous post, I am sure that last year Fairley came to Paris with revienge on their mind, and well they went home to play round ball. I too feel that Fairley will be the best team that Henry county has faced. With that being said, I think that Henry county is the best team that Fairley will play this year. Henry county, is big, fast and as they proved me wrong against Munford, very physical. Fairley has good coaching, Henry county has great coaching even though the warrior is not on either staff, they are capable of getting lined up correctly. As I am not a Henry countian, but have been drawn to the Patriots style of football, I would say that I am less biased than even you, Realist.

Just wondering, have you seen Fairley this year live or on tape?

Actually, I watched their game with hardin county last week, Did not travel to Paris for the slaughter that was iminent.

Although I did not see the Henry coutny Hardin county game, I saw a Fairley team that could have just as easily lost to Hardin county, I did not see a clearly better team on the field Friday night, as both teams tried to turn the ball over just to see if the other team wanted to win. Again in my (dont know what I am talking about manner) opinion, Fairley did not look sharp to me, especially not play off sharp, Hardin county just was a little worse, as it was not a mattter of who played the best, it was who did not play the worst. tooooo many turnovers to win against good teams.

With experts like you and the Warrior, why should anyone else share their opinion. You say it will be close and the Warrior says so, I know Fairley is probably the best team that Henry county has played this year, and is defiitely the most important, their are no more runts out there. I for one think Henry county can win the state championship, I do not think Fairley can, I think that Henry coutny would beat Fairley 4 out of 5 times, If this game is to be so close that either team could win in the 4th quarter, then I guess Fariley would beat Henry county 5-10 times in you alls opinion of such a close match up.

With that being said, I do think that Henry county has to play good football to beat Fairley, if they show up and think that is enough to win, if they do not execute then Fairley beats them by 30, but that is not the Henry county that I have seen all year.

My prediction, but I obviously do not know what I am talking about because I pick Henry county to win

37-16

I also think Henry County beats Fairley, but it could be closer than you think. My problem, once again, is with ANYONE who thinks Henry County is so good, as to not be challenged until the semifinals. You certainly can agree with that, or do you think the winner of Friday's game simply annihilates Melrose?

While a Big Red fan, I try to be objective and see things as they are. Some fans post with emotions. While the last few years may have some influence on some of the kids from Fairley, It didn't have an influence on HC in 2006 at the Mound (HC lost at the Mound in 05).

Back to the Fairley game. If you look at the only common opponent in Hardin, Henry Co seems to have the edge, but lets look at the entire schedule of both teams. Fairley has played 5 teams that are still in the playoffs going 2-3 in those games. No one that HC has played is still in the playoffs. This alone tells me that Fairley will be the best team Henry has faced this year - bar none.

Since I have not seen Fairley play, I have no idea what is in store Friday night. So far when Henry plays well, they have been hard to stop - but they have not played anyone as good as Fairley. I expect to see a very competitive game.

I read this forum often, but seldom post. I call things like I see them and try not to speculate and leave emotions out (which will put me in the minority on here). This is the NO SPIN ZONE! Fair and Balanced.

But I'm still a BIG RED FAN.......Go Big Red!

good post! That is why I was worried early in the year about our schedule and the fact that we were not playing anybody this year. Do not see it as a problem though. I have watched this team get better and better and I don't think that any of the memphis schools can coach with our coaching staff! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I see a long bus ride back to Memphis for Fairley and that BAND /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> I guess I'm in trouble for mentioning the band again, but man they were good /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

I also think Henry County beats Fairley, but it could be closer than you think. My problem, once again, is with ANYONE who thinks Henry County is so good, as to not be challenged until the semifinals. You certainly can agree with that, or do you think the winner of Friday's game simply annihilates Melrose?

I know that Henry county is not a shoe in for any game, at this point, even Maryville has to play every week or they lose. If my memory serves me well, then it is sage to say that I have not even mentioned the semi finals. Melrose is much better than Fairley, and Henry county will have to play mistake free football to beat them, but again they are very capable. Melrose on the other hand has revenge on their minds as the Patriots embaressed them at the mound last season. Don ot try an tell me that the traditionally great Melrose was not embarressed to lose to a unheard of Henry county program. I promise you that Melrose and their tradition will come with a little extra next week if the Patriots make it that far. I think that Melrose is on a mission right now and the quarterfinals if at Paris will be something to witness.

I know that Henry county is not a shoe in for any game, at this point, even Maryville has to play every week or they lose. If my memory serves me well, then it is sage to say that I have not even mentioned the semi finals. Melrose is much better than Fairley, and Henry county will have to play mistake free football to beat them, but again they are very capable. Melrose on the other hand has revenge on their minds as the Patriots embaressed them at the mound last season. Don ot try an tell me that the traditionally great Melrose was not embarressed to lose to a unheard of Henry county program. I promise you that Melrose and their tradition will come with a little extra next week if the Patriots make it that far. I think that Melrose is on a mission right now and the quarterfinals if at Paris will be something to witness.

I can't wait! I'll be there. /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Actually, I watched their game with hardin county last week, Did not travel to Paris for the slaughter that was iminent.

Although I did not see the Henry coutny Hardin county game, I saw a Fairley team that could have just as easily lost to Hardin county, I did not see a clearly better team on the field Friday night, as both teams tried to turn the ball over just to see if the other team wanted to win. Again in my (dont know what I am talking about manner) opinion, Fairley did not look sharp to me, especially not play off sharp, Hardin county just was a little worse, as it was not a mattter of who played the best, it was who did not play the worst. tooooo many turnovers to win against good teams.

Since you have seen both Fairley and HC play, I value your opinion more than those that just offer emotional predictions. I like your positive thinking, although I'm not sure if I could say that HC will be the best team Fairley has faced this year - the jury is still out on that one. (Whitehaven, White Station, Mitchell, Melrose, Kingbury those are some pretty good teams)

Occassionally I will try to "read" someone,,,try to determine their motives. I "read" you as trying to keep HC in check before the Munford game by challenging them. If I am correct, then I want that West TN Football poster back for this game as I fear too many fans are looking past this game. Hope I'm wrong - as I often am.

Since you have seen both Fairley and HC play, I value your opinion more than those that just offer emotional predictions. I like your positive thinking, although I'm not sure if I could say that HC will be the best team Fairley has faced this year - the jury is still out on that one. (Whitehaven, White Station, Mitchell, Melrose, Kingbury those are some pretty good teams)

Occassionally I will try to "read" someone,,,try to determine their motives. I "read" you as trying to keep HC in check before the Munford game by challenging them. If I am correct, then I want that West TN Football poster back for this game as I fear too many fans are looking past this game. Hope I'm wrong - as I often am.

you are quite insightful, but I will say this, I did not please many that week and apparently, I am not pleasing many this week, apparently I am not in the pleasing business.

Again I will say this, I think that if Henry county plays their game and plays well, they will win the state championship, this is why I think that Henry county is the best team that Fairley has played or will play.

If the Henry county players lose focus and begin reading their own press clippings after beating an Egypt the way they did, then they lose. I have watched enough to know that Joe Gaddis will not allow that to happen in the play offs.

turnovers in one week, is this what you are basing your opinion on. What else did you see from Fairley. We dominated Hardin county in every aspect, I heard Shutt did not play for Hardin county, woudl he have made a difference?

I may not be as football knowledgeable as some on here, and I tend to lean more toward the fear of losing than the assurance of winning. However, if anyone cares, I have seen Fairley on three different tapes (no, I am not a coach, just an ardent fan). From what I see, we have our hands more than full this Friday night, and I would not make any guarantees to anyone. Can we win? Yes. Can we lose? Yes. They have lots of weapons. That little guy looks like a bolt of lightning. They can throw the ball (and catch it). They can stop an offense. I remember last year when their coach told us that his team thought of us as a thorn in their side and didn't plan to let this happen again. They are motivated. I, for one, am worried....a lot.

I may not be as football knowledgeable as some on here, and I tend to lean more toward the fear of losing than the assurance of winning. However, if anyone cares, I have seen Fairley on three different tapes (no, I am not a coach, just an ardent fan). From what I see, we have our hands more than full this Friday night, and I would not make any guarantees to anyone. Can we win? Yes. Can we lose? Yes. They have lots of weapons. That little guy looks like a bolt of lightning. They can throw the ball (and catch it). They can stop an offense. I remember last year when their coach told us that his team thought of us as a thorn in their side and didn't plan to let this happen again. They are motivated. I, for one, am worried....a lot.

hey there stranger, you are right about Fairley and the possibility of them beating us, however, you were afraid Raleigh Egypt was going to beat us too. All this worrying is not good for you, it will cause some health issues. Let Gaddis and the boys shoulder the worry, and you just stand next to Randy long and if you want to worry, then worry about your ear drums.