Henry County vs Fairley

Red Dawn

The more I look at this match-up the more excited I get. THIS IS GOING TO BE A GOOD GAME! Two quality teams and and they both have very good offenses. Henry Co., has the better 'D' of the two teams ... but Fairly's 'D' isn't chopped liver either. This one will be worth the price of admission and then some. The common opponent is Harding Co. where Henry beat Hardin 42-13 compared to Fairley beating them 36-28 in back to back losses for Hardin County.

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We beat Fairly a few weeks ago to win the region. Our defense shut them down. Thry have weapons all over the field. The key to beating them is you have to jump on them early hold them down with solid defense. They have blazing speed.

Hardin County almost beat them without a solid defense. How is that to be explained? Do you think you can stop the Kingsbury running back? How did he do against you last time? Will this be another Melrose shutout? Do you want Fairley again or do you want to travel to Henry County? When you say they have "blazing speed", the question is, who has more speed, Melrose or Fairley?

The more I look at this match-up the more excited I get. THIS IS GOING TO BE A GOOD GAME! Two quality teams and and they both have very good offenses. Henry Co., has the better 'D' of the two teams ... but Fairly's 'D' isn't chopped liver either. This one will be worth the price of admission and then some. The common opponent is Harding Co. where Henry beat Hardin 42-13 compared to Fairley beating them 36-28 in back to back losses for Hardin County.

Are you a fan of Melrose? Who is better, Melrose or Fairley? Which team has more speed? Is Fairley better than they were last year? Is Melrose better than they were last year? Will Melrose shut down the Kingsbury running back and will it be another shutout? Would Melrose rather play Fairley again or would they rather come to Henry County?

Are you a fan of Melrose? Who is better, Melrose or Fairley? Which team has more speed? Is Fairley better than they were last year? Is Melrose better than they were last year? Will Melrose shut down the Kingsbury running back and will it be another shutout? Would Melrose rather play Fairley again or would they rather come to Henry County?

i am certain that melrose would rather play at home. fairley is loaded with athletes and are well coached. more speed across the board than anyone in region 7. would be interesting to see melrose defense against the big fullback allen. henry county needs to pound the ball b/w the tackles against fairley. but if the fairley back gets outside, well as their announcer called it, "there he go." good luck henry county, i predict the semis at least, would like to see a title from the region.

All that I can say is what a game...and now on to Round 2!! Fairley will be a better team. I had better get started on this week's voodoo juice early. Anybody got any suggestions for ingredients? And yes...the Macbeth stuff helped.

BTW...does anybody have the stats for season so far on TOTAL offensive yardage? Our O-line is like WOW!! But then again I may be a little biased.

Happy Veterans Day and thanks for all you have done and are doing.

All that I can say is what a game...and now on to Round 2!! Fairley will be a better team. I had better get started on this week's voodoo juice early. Anybody got any suggestions for ingredients? And yes...the Macbeth stuff helped.

BTW...does anybody have the stats for season so far on TOTAL offensive yardage? Our O-line is like WOW!! But then again I may be a little biased.

Happy Veterans Day and thanks for all you have done and are doing.

Hey BR84! The stats for offense I think were in the paper on Friday, so if you can get a copy of that it should tell you. But yes, that O-line is doing FANTASTIC and needs to kick it up a notch for this one. I am confident they will be up for the task at hand.

As for the brew, we need to find some bulldog teeth. Maybe some dog slobber too! I am sure you will get some other good suggestions.

Hey BR84! The stats for offense I think were in the paper on Friday, so if you can get a copy of that it should tell you. But yes, that O-line is doing FANTASTIC and needs to kick it up a notch for this one. I am confident they will be up for the task at hand.

As for the brew, we need to find some bulldog teeth. Maybe some dog slobber too! I am sure you will get some other good suggestions.

I certainly hope no one tells our head coach of your suggestion. I think he owns three or four English bulldogs and hear that they have their own bedrooms.

The YANKER congratulates HC on the playoff win...70-14!!!!! The YANKER only wishes my Cougars had scheduled Raleigh-Egypt for a game this season!!! If the weather is good...the YANKER and my father will be in attendance. Good luck this week and throughout the playoffs...you are representing our region well...and you are the only one left...I AM THE "ONLY" YANKER...ANYWHERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Checked it out today. Big Red offense during the regular season had 3,751 total yards with 373 points.

I certainly hope no one tells our head coach of your suggestion. I think he owns three or four English bulldogs and hear that they have their own bedrooms.

I am sure he could spare some teeth and dog slobber for the brew! Yes, he's pretty attached to his bulldogs. I happen to like Champ the best though.

The YANKER congratulates HC on the playoff win...70-14!!!!! The YANKER only wishes my Cougars had scheduled Raleigh-Egypt for a game this season!!! If the weather is good...the YANKER and my father will be in attendance. Good luck this week and throughout the playoffs...you are representing our region well...and you are the only one left...I AM THE "ONLY" YANKER...ANYWHERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great to see you back Yanker! This will be a good one for you to come see. Of course we welcome you anytime up to Paris. The tailgating is starting to get better and bigger for playoff time. I would expect several hundred out there this week, come join us!

Red Warrior I'm a region 8 fan because I'm a City of Memphis guy. I am a fan of both Fairley and Melrose ... but I don't have a dog in either fight since the team that I support is in 5A ... Whitehaven, who will play @ Millington this Friday. I will say this ... ever since Coach Thompson took Melrose to 3 consecutive title games in the 90's ... I made it a point to go see Melrose play during the season ... and in most cases ... more then once ... but this year, I only watched them play Whitehaven. I have seen both Fairley and Melrose play ... but not whole games. I listened to some of the Hardin Co./Fairley game on the radio in the first half until I got to the Whitehaven game last Friday. Melrose is better. I don't know who has the more team speed between the two ... that is indiscernible at the moment ... both teams have team speed ... from lineman to skilled players on both sides of the ball in abundance. Yes, Melrose is better then they were last year. Yes ... Melrose will shut down the Kingsbury RB, if you can call it that ... he will get 100 yards plus or minus (Hunter has 2400 yards this season, you contain that ... I don't think that you actually shut that down too much) ... but I don't know about a shut-out ... Kingsbury may score once. Fairley ... because they would be playing at home ... but they really could care less who's on the opposite side of the ball, and it doesn't matter where they play because their fans will pack the opposing sides stands negating home field advantage in that regard. The fans will swarm like locusts in biblical proportions.