Henry County vs Fairley

Red Dawn

Red Warrior I'm a region 8 fan because I'm a City of Memphis guy. I am a fan of both Fairley and Melrose ... but I don't have a dog in either fight since the team that I support is in 5A ... Whitehaven, who will play @ Millington this Friday. I will say this ... ever since Coach Thompson took Melrose to 3 consecutive title games in the 90's ... I made it a point to go see Melrose play during the season ... and in most cases ... more then once ... but this year, I only watched them play Whitehaven. I have seen both Fairley and Melrose play ... but not whole games. I listened to some of the Hardin Co./Fairley game on the radio in the first half until I got to the Whitehaven game last Friday. Melrose is better. I don't know who has the more team speed between the two ... that is indiscernible at the moment ... both teams have team speed ... from lineman to skilled players on both sides of the ball in abundance. Yes, Melrose is better then they were last year. Yes ... Melrose will shut down the Kingsbury RB, if you can call it that ... he will get 100 yards plus or minus (Hunter has 2400 yards this season, you contain that ... I don't think that you actually shut that down too much) ... but I don't know about a shut-out ... Kingsbury may score once. Fairley ... because they would be playing at home ... but they really could care less who's on the opposite side of the ball, and it doesn't matter where they play because their fans will pack the opposing sides stands negating home field advantage in that regard. The fans will swarm like locusts in biblical proportions.

Well kwc, its that time of year again when the Henry County fans get to banter back and forth with the Memphis fans. It seems like the Fairley back is quite small like the Mann kid from Jackson Northside. He got the most yards on HC as any back all year. But one man shows don't seem to work against the Patriots. And if we are fortunate enough to make it to next week, and Melrose wins too, we would thoroughly enjoy having Orange Mound come to Paris. However, it will not negate homefield advantage. I don't care how many fans they bring - and we want them to bring all they can - they have never to been to Henry County at home. The folks at Orange Mound treated us wonderfully the last two years we came down there and Henry County folk are anxious to return the favor.

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree! no one man show will get to the Patriots. HC wins big again. This is an awsome ride to murfreesboro that we are on right now!! /motorbike.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":motorbike:" border="0" alt="motorbike.gif" />

Knock this winning big stuff off. Some people are coming on here making ridiculous predictions and assuming that Henry County is going to destroy Fairley, Melrose, or whoever you can envision. Fairley is a good team that deserves your respect. This type of attitude is what gets you beat in the playoffs. I hope Henry County wins, they might possibly win by a substantial margin, but it will not be an easy game. There are no easy games left on the schedule. It's all about surviving and advancing. This is a team that is making it's third consecutive visit to Paris in the playoffs. Each year they've been better, and I seriously doubt their seniors want another long bus ride to Memphis. Best of luck this Friday

I agree! no one man show will get to the Patriots. HC wins big again. This is an awsome ride to murfreesboro that we are on right now!! /motorbike.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":motorbike:" border="0" alt="motorbike.gif" />

Not meaning to burst your bubble, but a few of my friends who coach in Memphis, or close by, say that Fairley is far from a one man show. They indicate that Fairley is better than last year's team that almost beat Henry County. They run and throw the ball equally well. They have more speed than Henry County, and more speed than most teams in Memphis. They have good size, as well. I have not seen them, but my friends in Memphis, and in North Mississippi. believe they are far better than you seem to think they are.

Not meaning to burst your bubble, but a few of my friends who coach in Memphis, or close by, say that Fairley is far from a one man show. They indicate that Fairley is better than last year's team that almost beat Henry County. They run and throw the ball equally well. They have more speed than Henry County, and more speed than most teams in Memphis. They have good size, as well. I have not seen them, but my friends in Memphis, and in North Mississippi. believe they are far better than you seem to think they are.

I agree that they are a good football team that will get the respect of those that matter, however, I disagree that they almost beat us last year, at no point did they ever have the lead on us or did they ever have the chance to take the lead, they would have had to score and get the 2 point play to beat us and since they never scored, they never came close to converting the 2 point play. It was a 21-0 game until they hit 2 long passes late.

Oh man is the pot cooking already this morning!! So far we have some bulldog teeth, a BIG dose of mad dog slobber, a dog collar with studs/spikes, and some shotgun powder. I seem to remember an old story about how someone fed his dogs gun powder to make them mean.

What are you putting in there now...a dog bowl...and why...so they will have something to catch their tears in...stop that!! Yes put it in there but not for that reason. As you can tell my trusty associates are here helping again today. The Gator crafted a grill for Michael out of the left over gold from the Pharoh pot...interesting to say the least.

Guys, we are now 1-0 JUST like Fairley is! Each game is now requiring us to play harder and harder. We will NOT stop till we have run the ENTIRE gammet!! FOCUS!!

RED SWARM...RED SWARM...RED SWARM!!!!

Well kwc, its that time of year again when the Henry County fans get to banter back and forth with the Memphis fans. It seems like the Fairley back is quite small like the Mann kid from Jackson Northside. He got the most yards on HC as any back all year. But one man shows don't seem to work against the Patriots. And if we are fortunate enough to make it to next week, and Melrose wins too, we would thoroughly enjoy having Orange Mound come to Paris. However, it will not negate homefield advantage. I don't care how many fans they bring - and we want them to bring all they can - they have never to been to Henry County at home. The folks at Orange Mound treated us wonderfully the last two years we came down there and Henry County folk are anxious to return the favor.

Drewcephus:

Home field advantage in most cases means besides not having to travel ... your fans outnumber the opponents fans ... that's why I stated "in that regard" when I made that statement. I doubt, seriously that the HC fans will outnumber the Orangemound following. If you do outnumber them ... it won't be by much. That kinda negates the homefield ADVANTAGE. True ... your team won't have to travel ... should the two teams make it to the third round, but make no mistake ... Orangemound will be there in numbers. That's what I meant by that. They will spill out of the visiting teams side out onto the track or whatever surrounds the field, if anything. My point being ... even though they travel, especially during the playoffs ... thier fans follow them in great numbers. It won't be their field ... but it won't matter because they will have an over abundance of support in the stands ... doesn't matter where they play ... the fans will be there.

That's all I meant.

No bubbles bursted. I'm just like any other fan that goes to our games. I don't see the team until they arrive for the game. By checking common scores and common opponents I see another Big Red victory. Yes I am looking forward to going to Murfreesboro. I'm not looking ahead Yet, but I see a Great chance for us to get there. Fairley may be better then they were last year, but so are we. I just hope we keep riding this train we are on right now!! I do worry about not being in any close games in awhile. (I don't count the Northside game as close, I never really felt threatened, just wierd with all the light problems)

I do see another easy victory on Friday night! ROLL RED ROLL!!

Where on earth did you get the impression that Fairley is a one man show?

I was refering to the Mann kid and Drew's statement! I still don't believe that Fairley will beat Henry County and I say it will be easier then most of you people think!!

I agree that they are a good football team that will get the respect of those that matter, however, I disagree that they almost beat us last year, at no point did they ever have the lead on us or did they ever have the chance to take the lead, they would have had to score and get the 2 point play to beat us and since they never scored, they never came close to converting the 2 point play. It was a 21-0 game until they hit 2 long passes late.

I never felt like we would ever lose that game last year either. Even with the two late scores I was never really worried at all!!I say HC wins by two TD's or more.

It was not meant that Fairley is a one man show, just stating that those folks like Brighton and Northside who's main or only weapon was a high caliber running back, got shut down.

Fairley has a great passing game accompanied by this back that seems to be so small and quick. It will take a concerted effort by the Big Red Defense to halt the Bulldogs.

I was refering to the Mann kid and Drew's statement! I still don't believe that Fairley will beat Henry County and I say it will be easier then most of you people think!!

Oh ... ok. Henry County is a tremendous team and if you believe that this game will be easier then what most people think ... then good for you. I've already stated that I think Melrose will play Henry County in the third round, but Fairley is capable ... very capable.

Yes ... their RB (Fairley's) is small in stature and fast as lightning, and also pretty strong. Their QB who has passed for over 1,000 yards this season, may be one of the most under-rated QB's in Tennessee High school football. Make no mistake ... Fairley has plenty of weapons ... just like Henry County has plenty of weapons.