Henry County vs Fairley

Red Dawn

No ... I do not think that they are THE best. I do, however, think that Melrose could beat both of them on any given Friday night and vice versa. We are talking about the best of the best, the cream of the crop. You can throw Henry County in that category as well. But I can't sit here and say definatively that Melrose is the best nor can I say it about Whitehaven or White Station. I CAN say that they are amoung the best ... it just depends on how that particular Friday night goes. These teams are all THAT good. There is no way to make a blanket statement about these teams in that regard ... but I will say this ... White Station is 11-0 ... so right now ... they are the best until beaten. Let me clarify that statement ... I'm just talking about the Memphis teams ... don't get in a huff Henry Countians ... LOL ... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Good response. It's hard to disagree with that.

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good response. It's hard to disagree with that.

That being said ... i'm going to sign off and hit the road back to Memphis ... it's a nice little drive from Nashville. These one-day business trips can take a toll on a person. I'll probably check the board later on tonight when i get home and get setteled. Have fun guys.

Just 3 more days untill the games! ... man, i'm excited!

That being said ... i'm going to sign off and hit the road back to Memphis ... it's a nice little drive from Nashville. These one-day business trips can take a toll on a person. I'll probably check the board later on tonight when i get home and get setteled. Have fun guys.

Just 3 more days untill the games! ... man, i'm excited!

guys on the mount juliet hillsboro thread are giving Henry Co. hard way to go. still living in last year

BRFL...they might want to wake and smell the voodoo juice...hehehe!! Well gang this is the last post for the voodoo doctor this week. I will be playing Great White Hunter for the rest of the week. Oh yeah, I will be at the game Friday nite with the War Wagon, the Gator and of course the illustrious Michael Meyers himself...grill included. Ever wondered what a freak looks like with a grill...you oughta see it shine through the mask.

No put that back in there...Gator wanting to start sampling already. Yes we will leave the Purina in there as well. It acts as a thickening agent. Michael quit rinsing your grill in the juice. Man they are about to run me silly. For the last post from Tombstone we have selected Doc's famous saying:

I'm your Huckleberry and that's just my game...Say when!

That should be our motto for Fairley this week. Bring it on boys! Guys we have got to be on our game. Play with all you have got. The guy standing next to you is depending on you.

RED SWARM...RED SWARM...RED SWARM!!

BRFL...they might want to wake and smell the voodoo juice...hehehe!! Well gang this is the last post for the voodoo doctor this week. I will be playing Great White Hunter for the rest of the week. Oh yeah, I will be at the game Friday nite with the War Wagon, the Gator and of course the illustrious Michael Meyers himself...grill included. Ever wondered what a freak looks like with a grill...you oughta see it shine through the mask.

No put that back in there...Gator wanting to start sampling already. Yes we will leave the Purina in there as well. It acts as a thickening agent. Michael quit rinsing your grill in the juice. Man they are about to run me silly. For the last post from Tombstone we have selected Doc's famous saying:

I'm your Huckleberry and that's just my game...Say when!

That should be our motto for Fairley this week. Bring it on boys! Guys we have got to be on our game. Play with all you have got. The guy standing next to you is depending on you.

RED SWARM...RED SWARM...RED SWARM!!

Since Macbeth lines were so good for us last week, I thought I would add one of my own.In the play's final scene,as Macbeth prepares for his battle to the death with Macduff, he says:

.......................Before my body

I throw my warlike shield.Lay on,Macduff,

And darn"d be him that first cries,"Hold,

enough!"

GO BIG RED

I know our D only give up 6 points to RE, but I thought we looked a little sloppy. But 6 points and they were in a race for the worst team we played this year. Our secondary has got to tighten up or we are in trouble friday night. RE couldnt catch a ball to save thier life. If they could we would have only beat them by about 40 points, lol. I am a HC fan and alumni so dont cast stones. I am just saying, Good defence is one thing, state champion defence is another. We have to step it up higher each week we progress.

Good Morning Big Red Country! We are but two days away from the big showdown. BR84 has already gotten his brew together, and that's probably good since thunderstorms will be threatening the area today. But as for Friday night, the weather forecast looks great! A cool crisp fall night that is ripe for some good football! This is what it is all about!

3nout, I agree with your post in that our secondary must improve to be a state championship caliber defense. Our D-line and LB's are great, but our secondary has been on and off at times. This will be a week to show that we have improved. But one of the great things about our Defense is that it is a solid unit. The Defensive Line helps the secondary out tremendously by getting pressure on the QB in even the quickest of passes. There also have been about 14 interceptions this year, which is pretty good. So you are right, no matter what we need to step it up and I think that our Defense and secondary in particular can do this.

Good Morning Big Red Country! We are but two days away from the big showdown. BR84 has already gotten his brew together, and that's probably good since thunderstorms will be threatening the area today. But as for Friday night, the weather forecast looks great! A cool crisp fall night that is ripe for some good football! This is what it is all about!

3nout, I agree with your post in that our secondary must improve to be a state championship caliber defense. Our D-line and LB's are great, but our secondary has been on and off at times. This will be a week to show that we have improved. But one of the great things about our Defense is that it is a solid unit. The Defensive Line helps the secondary out tremendously by getting pressure on the QB in even the quickest of passes. There also have been about 14 interceptions this year, which is pretty good. So you are right, no matter what we need to step it up and I think that our Defense and secondary in particular can do this.

I think that Henry County has a GOOD team. I think that the offense has been VERY GOOD for much of the season. I think that the defense has been GOOD, but in my experienced opinion, there is NOTHING GREAT about the defense. There are some GOOD players out there, some VERY GOOD, but certainly not GREAT. You have gotten a little carried away. I understand that the Melrose defense may be GREAT. The Henry County defense is GOOD, not GREAT.

I think that Henry County has a GOOD team. I think that the offense has been VERY GOOD for much of the season. I think that the defense has been GOOD, but in my experienced opinion, there is NOTHING GREAT about the defense. There are some GOOD players out there, some VERY GOOD, but certainly not GREAT. You have gotten a little carried away. I understand that the Melrose defense may be GREAT. The Henry County defense is GOOD, not GREAT.

I guess that is why we all have opinions. I certainly do agree that our defense is not great this year, however, I do think that Lamar Theus, Matt Davis, and BJ Singleton are great players, with some other good players around them. Our defense does have its weaknesses no doubt. As for offense, I do think they are great. Within the top 5% of offenses in the state for scoring qualifies them in my book. But at the same time, what makes a team great as opposed to good is not just how well they score or how well they stop other offenses. It is much deeper than that. It is a culture of always, and I do mean ALWAYS, striving to improve on what you have already accomplished. Knowing that no matter what level you have reached, you can always achieve more and never settle for staying the same. Of course, this is only my own experienced opinion...

I guess that is why we all have opinions. I certainly do agree that our defense is not great this year, however, I do think that Lamar Theus, Matt Davis, and BJ Singleton are great players, with some other good players around them. Our defense does have its weaknesses no doubt. As for offense, I do think they are great. Within the top 5% of offenses in the state for scoring qualifies them in my book. But at the same time, what makes a team great as opposed to good is not just how well they score or how well they stop other offenses. It is much deeper than that. It is a culture of always, and I do mean ALWAYS, striving to improve on what you have already accomplished. Knowing that no matter what level you have reached, you can always achieve more and never settle for staying the same. Of course, this is only my own experienced opinion...

You are correct on opinions, and we disagree. I do not utilize the term, GREAT, as loosely as you choose to. Michael Jordan was great. Gale Sayers was great. Jim Brown was great. Dick Butkus was great. Lawrence Taylor was great. I have not seen a GREAT player on Henry County's team, but I have seen a lot of REAL GOOD ones. I realize that I am being a bit picky, and it is all a matter of semantics, but I rarely use the term, GREAT, when describing a high school athlete. All of that said, GREAT defenses and offenses, and even GREAT teams, have been void of GREAT players. I want Henry County to win, but I do not think any part of the defense, or offense, could be described as GREAT.

Let me just start by saying this, our defense is stout, they gaveup 14 points on a short field ( two huge turnovers)to a good Dickson coutny team. Gave up 18 to a very good westview team, again short field. Starting D gave up 0 against Liberty. well treadwell, JCM 0 points in those two games but they should not have given up any inthose. O against Brighton, o against Munford, ALthough Northside scored 27 pooints, oneof those was a drive, one was a blocked punt, one was a dropped snap on a punt, (both giving them the ball inside the 20), and one touchdown off of a short field due to a bad punt. hardin countyhad like 150 total yards but two hail marys for scores.

Did they look sloppy Friday night or were we up 42-6 when they began to look sloppy, again it was a short field with bad kick off coverage.

All this said, I agree with Red warrior that it may not be a great defense but a very good defense it is, they have not given up very few drives all season, they could have bowed up a few more times in the red zone, as they did on a few occasions. you can not look at he points our defense has given up in the blowouts as they were generally not the starting unit. When we NEED stops we get them.

Let me just start by saying this, our defense is stout, they gaveup 14 points on a short field ( two huge turnovers)to a good Dickson coutny team. Gave up 18 to a very good westview team, again short field. Starting D gave up 0 against Liberty. well treadwell, JCM 0 points in those two games but they should not have given up any inthose. O against Brighton, o against Munford, ALthough Northside scored 27 pooints, oneof those was a drive, one was a blocked punt, one was a dropped snap on a punt, (both giving them the ball inside the 20), and one touchdown off of a short field due to a bad punt. hardin countyhad like 150 total yards but two hail marys for scores.

Did they look sloppy Friday night or were we up 42-6 when they began to look sloppy, again it was a short field with bad kick off coverage.

All this said, I agree with Red warrior that it may not be a great defense but a very good defense it is, they have not given up very few drives all season, they could have bowed up a few more times in the red zone, as they did on a few occasions. you can not look at he points our defense has given up in the blowouts as they were generally not the starting unit. When we NEED stops we get them.

[/quote

I would be interested in knowing how many points have been scored against HC this year in first half and what the difference is in PPH on offense vs PPH given up. The points given up have to be around 35 for the season? The biggest thing on defense I have seen this year is the improvement in all postions. That is something they needed this year coming into the playoffs. Let's see them continue maturing each game. Looking forward to a big game come Friday.