Dobyns Bennett @ Farragut

DBstudent

I just watched the highlight of #31 scoring the first TD against Oak Rdige where it appeared the OR defender was going to drag him down by the jersey and he pops out and reverses field and scores. I probably shouldn't have watched that at lunch /unsure.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":unsure:" border="0" alt="unsure.gif" />

i know andre' is nasty i am supprised youhave not lost your lunch yet hahaha

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DB does not deserve respect no-ofense but theyve lost to 3 teams that farragut has beaten i personally give no credit to sensabaugh he has nothing on sterling. it will be a good game but farragut will drop the anchor with a big W once again.

Typical Farragut, knows nothing of sportsmanship.

Sterling is a senior, Sensabaugh is a freshman, there is no comparison. However, what you think about Sensabaugh is irrelevant. I don't doubt Sterlings ability at all, but you somehow doubt Sensabaughs without any real support.

Anybody that is a rational sports fan would not dog a storied program in such haste. You Farragut fans could learn something from Oak Ridge fans and posters.

Sterling is a senior, Sensabaugh is a freshman, there is no comparison. However, what you think about Sensabaugh is irrelevant. I don't doubt Sterlings ability at all, but you somehow doubt Sensabaughs without any real support.

Anybody that is a rational sports fan would not dog a storied program in such haste. You Farragut fans could learn something from Oak Ridge fans and posters.

Young Sensabaugh is and has been a class athlete for some time. I have watched this young man come along and I do give him credit and respect. In fact, all young men who practice every day, suit up and represent their school with honor and dignity, earn my credit and respect! He's part of a tradition and IMO he handles that pretty darn good. So Tricitiessportsfan, I'm on your wagon!

DB does not deserve respect no-ofense but theyve lost to 3 teams that farragut has beaten i personally give no credit to sensabaugh he has nothing on sterling. it will be a good game but farragut will drop the anchor with a big W once again.

I would be careful what you say, unless you want to be responsible for that extra bit of "motivation" for DB. Not that they need any more, but you get my drift.

Says someone who is possibly a fan of the almighty DB Indians... The only fans in the world who truly believe their team is always the best of the best.. ahahaha /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> .. They will defend their teams greatness to the death, even when it is proven they are not the best. Man I miss baseball season...

After reviewing scores, stats, and talking to people I must re-evaluate my earlier prediction of 31-17. I don't believe that DB has the athletes to threaten Farragut. Because Sensabaugh is a Freshman, and having only played in the weaker, later portion of DB's schedule, I don't think he will be mentally ready for such a big game. True, he is physically gifted, but you never know how kids that young will react. Farragut is hitting on all cylinders, and their defense is peaking at the right time. I give little credence to the tight victory over Oak Ridge, as their program is reeling from internal problems, like Ooltewah. In fact, had it not been for all the OR turnovers, Farragut would be preparing for OR right now. I'm not trying to disrespect DB, their storied past and traditions are well known statewide. But I don't feel that this year they are good enough to travel to Knoxville, and knockoff Farragut. Farragut's depth and experience make them tough to beat at home. It is possible for Farragut to lose, everyone knows anything can happen this time of year, but if they do it will be because of thier poor play, and not because DB is a better team.

Farragut 42 - Dobyns Bennett 17

After reviewing scores, stats, and talking to people I must re-evaluate my earlier prediction of 31-17. I don't believe that DB has the athletes to threaten Farragut. Because Sensabaugh is a Freshman, and having only played in the weaker, later portion of DB's schedule, I don't think he will be mentally ready for such a big game. True, he is physically gifted, but you never know how kids that young will react. Farragut is hitting on all cylinders, and their defense is peaking at the right time. I give little credence to the tight victory over Oak Ridge, as their program is reeling from internal problems, like Ooltewah. In fact, had it not been for all the OR turnovers, Farragut would be preparing for OR right now. I'm not trying to disrespect DB, their storied past and traditions are well known statewide. But I don't feel that this year they are good enough to travel to Knoxville, and knockoff Farragut. Farragut's depth and experience make them tough to beat at home. It is possible for Farragut to lose, everyone knows anything can happen this time of year, but if they do it will be because of thier poor play, and not because DB is a better team.

Farragut 42 - Dobyns Bennett 17

This is a correct assessment.

Says someone who is possibly a fan of the almighty DB Indians... The only fans in the world who truly believe their team is always the best of the best.. ahahaha /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> .. They will defend their teams greatness to the death, even when it is proven they are not the best. Man I miss baseball season...

If you have read any of my posts in the past on any other thread you would realize that I do not believe DB to be the best of the best, however I would put them up against anybody in the state and expect them to be competitive. Being a fan of a school and a fan of football in general, I ask that others treat each teams program with respect. I will give it to Farragut again, as I have all along, they are a great team. You will never hear me discount their talent or team. In my posts on this thread I have asked others to respect DB, but I guess that's the purpose of this messageboard and why they play the game. I digress.

Your baseball reference is puzzling because...didn't Farragut get knocked out in the district last year? Just a thought.

I respect DB and their football program. Hard not to respect the winningest team in the state. I just don't appreciate alot of their fans attitudes towards other teams. Yeah they did get beat by LC in baseball last year, but they also beat DB, which apparently according to most DB fans, does not make Farragut better oh and Farragut and their 3 state championships in 4 years made them not as good as DB as well... How i do not know. Oh and They kept talking trash about how DB was so great this and that then they would play a team from K-town and get beat. I had it all worked out. something like they went to sectionals 4 or 5 times and lost each time. 3 were at home. 2 or 3 against Farragut.. Good times. Many a thread were ruined because of it. I am not saying Farragut is the greatest team, but how can you say they are worse than a team they beat? Had they played twice and split the games I would say they are even, but when you only play once the winner is better.. plain and simple.. yeah you can have a bad game, but good teams aren't supposed to have bad games.. Either way it was exciting.To sum it up for you. DB's district is terrible at baseball. DB gets all these wins and has a good record, but when it comes dow to it when they have to prove their greatness they can't... in recent years anyway. Maybe you weren't around for baseball, but that is the worst... I know this isn't about baseball so I am not going to make it about that..

DB is a fine team and great program, but I just do not see how they will win this game. Farragut is more balanced than anyone will give the credit for. Their D isn't always great, but if they show up they can be great. The game on Friday will be a great one. I am looking forward to seeing DB. I haven't seen them since they drilled Farragut in 2000. I am almost hoping Farragut returns favor like they did vs. Oak Ridge. All those games of getting dominated and finally Farragut dominated. Sterling is a great back for Farragut. I have not see the rb for DB so I can not compare them. I will say though I would not be surprised if any team had a RB with alot of yards vs. the teams they played near the end of the year. I will be looking forward to seeing him run the ball against Farragut though. Stephens of OR didn't do too much against us. On the otherhand there have been a few RBs who have done their share of damage to Farragut's D. Marshall of OR is one, and Works of Bearden did pretty decent including a long TD run at the beginning of the game. I think I saw were Stephens had around 300 rushing yards against DB in the 2 games they played. I think he avg. like 5 yards or so a carry. If DBs D continues to give up chunks like that I would not be surprised if Sterling went well over 200 or possible have 300yards. Whoever said something about all you have to do is contain him, I think he said he was using it lightly, but that can work. He can get all the yards he wants, but if you can keep him from breaking a run here and there DB should be fine. Farragut tends to go away from the run sometimes if Sterling isn't getting 5 yards on 1st down, but be ready to see it on 3rd down. It could also help DB if Farragut hurt themselves by getting penalties. I think that was ultimately what did them in against McMinn, and a possible bad call on a FG, but it is hard to say since I wasn't there.. let's just say on WMAK tv it looked good.. Anyways. The game on Friday will be a great one. DB fans if you don't want to end up standing on the away side, get there early. Farragut has an away side, but not exactly a ton of bleachers... I think it is like 8 rows, but it stretches pretty far.. either way, atleast it isn't one sided... Should be a good game..

You gotta at least be able to spell OFFENSE to be offensive /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

YOU CANT STOP HIM is the greatest cheer of all time, the reason you guys hate it is cuz it gets under your skin and you know its true. i personally will make sure this chant goes on for all eternity.

What about the 10 other guys on the team? How sportsmanlike is it when you single out one person when there are 10 others on the field with him, plus probably 60+ who have been to every practice, every scrimmage, and every game?