FCS @ South Pitt

busted knuckles

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here are the facts. Film was not swapted between the two teams because there was no effort on South Pits part. Coach Mac. called all day yesterday and left messages for there head coach and never got a call back. He talked to an Asst. coach and he told Coach Mac that the Head Coach would call him right back. Still waiting on that call. The last call was made last night at 10:15 and Coach Mac talked to a person cleaning South Pits locker room and he said that all the coaches had already left for the night. These are the facts right out of the FCS coaches office.

I heard it was the other way around. FC's Coach didn't want to swap for some reason. I guess he already has all the film he needs????

I.ve seen some coach with no class in my time but SP coach beats them all win at all cost.Also TTA was faster than SP last year than there team this year I hope SP is ready I would love to see them bring it home Dispite there whollan headed coaches.

mY guess is Soutrh Pitt has all the films they need, alot of people are against Private Schools. I,d love to see this one although South Pitt looks to be a pretty heavy favorite. This being said, Being the favorite don,t get you anything. I,m sure Friendship will come to play.I have nothing against either school, they are all just kids.

Here are the facts. Film was not swapted between the two teams because there was no effort on South Pits part. Coach Mac. called all day yesterday and left messages for there head coach and never got a call back. He talked to an Asst. coach and he told Coach Mac that the Head Coach would call him right back. Still waiting on that call. The last call was made last night at 10:15 and Coach Mac talked to a person cleaning South Pits locker room and he said that all the coaches had already left for the night. These are the facts right out of the FCS coaches office.

These might be the facts, but do you actually think that as a Coach on the day of one of the biggest playoff games of the year, you would actually take the time to talk to another coach whom you are not even guaranteed to be playing against. I mean, cmon, sounds like to me that FCS (if this is true) didn't have any confidence in TC. I would be upset about that coming from the region TC fans. If SP were to lose, I would still support my other region teams, and if none of those left, I would support other local teams, such as North Jackson, Tyner, or Red Bank. Know what I mean. But anyways, I don't know when film is usually swapped, but if I just won a big playoff game that took a full 4 quarters of coaching, I think I would be ready to go home to my family after the game, and be like don't call me until saturday morning.

Now, to the FCS/SP game. I personally believe, and this is my opinion, TC is a better football team than FCS. However, I do think it will be a hard fought game just like the TC game. I don't have a prediction yet, but I do believe this game will come down to play calling and who makes the fewest mistakes. I want to say we are 3 TD's better than FCS, but I am not sure about that. I thought we were 4 TD's better than TC. Without our 3 big plays, it could have been different. But then again, that is what makes the playoffs such an intense time of year. You never know.

These might be the facts, but do you actually think that as a Coach on the day of one of the biggest playoff games of the year, you would actually take the time to talk to another coach whom you are not even guaranteed to be playing against. I mean, cmon, sounds like to me that FCS (if this is true) didn't have any confidence in TC. I would be upset about that coming from the region TC fans. If SP were to lose, I would still support my other region teams, and if none of those left, I would support other local teams, such as North Jackson, Tyner, or Red Bank. Know what I mean. But anyways, I don't know when film is usually swapped, but if I just won a big playoff game that took a full 4 quarters of coaching, I think I would be ready to go home to my family after the game, and be like don't call me until saturday morning.

Now, to the FCS/SP game. I personally believe, and this is my opinion, TC is a better football team than FCS. However, I do think it will be a hard fought game just like the TC game. I don't have a prediction yet, but I do believe this game will come down to play calling and who makes the fewest mistakes. I want to say we are 3 TD's better than FCS, but I am not sure about that. I thought we were 4 TD's better than TC. Without our 3 big plays, it could have been different. But then again, that is what makes the playoffs such an intense time of year. You never know.

Coach Grider is superstitious. He would not be trading film until the game was over. I saw that first hand. For playoff games film is never swapped between opposing teams until Saturday and it is not even discussed until after the game on Friday because if you lose you are out. I'm like Pirate Mike...what coach in his right mind calls on the day of the game...a big playoff game... to talk about trading film for a game that might not happen

Called him before the TC game was even played??? That ain't real bright /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Coach Grider and the rest of the coaches were long gone before 10:15

I.ve seen some coach with no class in my time but SP coach beats them all win at all cost.Also TTA was faster than SP last year than there team this year I hope SP is ready I would love to see them bring it home Dispite there whollan headed coaches.

You are just mad because we put 69 points on your beloved Temple. Ouch... /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> I'm sorry but the TSSAA is the one that thought that Temple was the one that willing to win at all costs /ohmy.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" /> /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

I just got a chance to get on the board this morning and wanted to put my two cents worth in on the next game. I don't know much about FCS, but they have to pretty good to get this far. South Pittsburg was really clicking on offense Friday night. The only back that really was never able to get loose was Jones. I love to see that kid run. Defensively, I thought we played pretty good. It looked like TC picked up a few plays from the Tyner film from what I read in the paper. I talked to one of the voices of the Pirates and was also told this. I am sure any coach that sees film on SP will try and use plays that we may have give up yards on, but to be honest, there were not many except for the Tyner game. A lot of that had to do with the players on that team rather than our boys not making plays. I think if we play our game and don't have any injuries, we will be a hard team to beat the rest of the way.

By the way, Mike Pirate or Pirate Mike, what position did you play on the 98-99 teams? I am good friends with Mike Jackson and his brother Jeremy(who played on the 93 SP team). I was just curious.

GO PIRATES!!!!

You are just mad because we put 69 points on your beloved Temple. Ouch... /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> I'm sorry but the TSSAA is the one that thought that Temple was the one that willing to win at all costs /ohmy.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" /> /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

If I was from Temple, I wouldn't use the phrase " win at all costs". Stones & glass houses

comes to mind.