REBELS vs REBELS ROUND 2

cobrajet

Boys,

I think Hitch has finally found coachT! That or the radiation has a worse affect on Oak Ridgians than we thought!

I have a report button as well Soloman, Please don't call me Hitch. We with the Maryville complex are sensitive, if we had the refs you guys have we may still be in the playoffs as well, No wait a minute, I don't think even the refs can help our coaching.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a report button as well Soloman, Please don't call me Hitch. We with the Maryville complex are sensitive, if we had the refs you guys have we may still be in the playoffs as well, No wait a minute, I don't think even the refs can help our coaching.

Now that`s funny I don`t care who you are. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Please hit it Hitch. We'll let an unbiased moderator come in and see if posts need to be deleted.

Like I told you a long time ago. You got an issue - coacht@coacht.com

I know you are looking down your nose at me because I am not from Maryville, & I have the complex.

Like I told you Solomon. You've got an issue it's You.

You're right Hitch.

I dated a girl from Oak Ridge in college. She broke my heart so bad that I've held issues against Oak Ridge to this day. When me and Mrs. Sol decided to buy a new house, I had it all planned that I would move down to Maryville so I could look at people from Oak Ridge to get even with that girl.

Thanks for helping me Hitch, I feel liberated already. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

And they had ever right to be. The second quarter was possibly the worst officiated quarter I have ever watched, and probably the easiest coach-influenced officials I have ever seen. Here is a sample of the last 5 minutes of the half.

1. West has a 3rd and 10, and the running back moves before the snap, no call. 8 yard gain which gets us to a 4th and 2 in "go for it" territory. I doubt a West fan can deny the RB moved, it was fairly obvious.

2. Next play, there may have been a West player move - I did not see it. Linesman throws a flag for a false start. West gets backed up to 4th and 7, tries a fake punt, easily snuffed.

3. About a minute left in the half, Maryville runs playaction and hits a 50 yard TD. Not so fast my friend! Illegeal shift is called from the ref on the West side of the field when no flag is thrown. Of course, no one was in motion on the play. Maryville then drives down the field which leads us to......

4. That gets us to the last 20 seconds of the half. I'm not sure what happened. I'm not sure if the game film could tell what happened. Here is my best attempt.

Maryville throws is to about the 6 and Shiver does not get out of bounds. Plenty of time left and no time outs for Maryville. The players run up to the line to spike the ball and the refs take their sweet time in spotting it and were moving at about the speed of cold molasses including a couple of bobbles tossing it around. (This, IMO, is where things went south in a hurry.)

They get the ball spotted, and Maryville spikes it. Au contraire. False start called! After much debate, time put back on the clock. Maryville spikes it again! ANOTHER false start called. So back em up 5 more and put 2.7 seconds left on the clock. This time Maryville gets set and as soon as the whistle blows spikes it - hardly an event that takes 2.7 seconds. So as soon as it hits 0.0, the West team runs to the locker room and GQ runs to the officials. IMO, both sides are justified in their actions. The refs call the West team back out, the West coaches discuss with the officials, and Maryville kicks a field goal.

Here's the bottom line. This was not a good officiating crew. They may can handle a game of weak 1A teams in the regular season or a game that was going to be a blowout from the get-go, but by no means were they qualified to ref a 2nd round game in the playoffs.

I HATE WHAT I AM ABOUT TO SAY, BUT-----

SOL, YOU HIT THE NAIL ON THE HEAD. THAT HAD TO BE THE WORST CALLED GAME I HAVE EVER WATCHED.

I HATE SAYING THAT ABOUT REF'S, CAUSE I KNOW HOW TUFF IT IS TO CALL A GAME, AND I HATE TO DOWN A REF .

BUT HOLY MOLY, GOOD GOLY, AND GEE WEZ. THOSE GUYS stunk. I HATE TO PUT THEM ALL IN THE SAME

GROUP JUST IN CASE 1 OR 2 OF THEM REALLY KNOW THE FOOTBALL GAME, ( BUT WHERE OUT NUMBERED BY THE

OTHER ONES) BUT IF ANY OF THEM KNEW THE REAL GAME OF FOOTBALL, THEY HAD BETTER GO TO THERE BRASS

FIRST THING MONDAY MORNING AND INFORM THEM THAT THEY WILL NOT CALL ANOTHER BALL GAME WITH THE

REST OF THOSE REF'S EVER AGAIN. I HAVE NEVER BEEN SO MAD AT A BALL GAME IN ALL MY LIFE. AND IT HAS

BEEN A GOOD LIFE TOO I MIGHT ADD.

MY BLOOD PRESURE WILL NOT TAKE ANOTHER GAME CALLING LIKE THAT ONE LAST NIGHT.

IF I HAVE TO WATCH ANOTHER ONE LIKE THAT I WANT GET TO BE AT THE BORO, CAUSE I WILL BE IN THE HOSPITAL

WITH A HEART ATTACK. I CAN'T REMEMBER THE LAST TIME I YELLED AT A BUNCH OF REF'S LIKE THAT.

AND THE REASON WHY I CAN'T REMEMBER, IS BECAUSE I HAVE NEVER HAD TOO. NOT EVEN 30 YEARS AGO WHEN

I WAS IN SCHOOL. BASICLY, ALL I'M TRYING TO SAY IS, REF'S stunk FOR BOTH SIDES, AND CONGRATS

MARYVILLE REBELS. AND YOU WEST BOYS ARE A TUFF LOT. GOOD GAME TO YOU ALL TOO.

AND BY THE WAY, I SURE DID LIKE THE (UPSIDE DOWN) 'W' (FOR WALLAND) THAT

SOMEBODY MADE. I FELT RIGHT AT HOME THERE LAST NIGHT. GREAT JOB.

SEE YA ALL NEXT FRIDAY NIGHT............................................

Would whining be considered middle school BS? If so, you would be caught up in it.

try not look down your nose at us with a Maryville complex, are you taking yourself too seriously or are you just arrogant? Wink, wink means that the streak is alive & West fans state they had a problem with the refs as well, but Maryville won, wink wink..

By the way, most teams you play where officiating comes in to question are going have to what you call a Maryville complex & making that statement is the most self righteous, conceded, outrageous statement I have ever heard. That includes some of my posts as well .

I think the word you wanted to use is conceited, but I get your point. I stated facts of the game, and the penalty yards were straight out of this morning's newspaper. If that is whinning so be it. Your post I responded to was an OBVIOUS attempt to infer West out booed the Maryville fans therefore West got hosed by the refs. A very typical post by you. As far as the rest of what you said, (whatever it might mean) I could care less and this is obviously a lot more important to you than it is to me. Bye

I think the word you wanted to use is conceited, but I get your point. I stated facts of the game, and the penalty yards were straight out of this morning's newspaper. If that is whinning so be it. Your post I responded to was an OBVIOUS attempt to infer West out booed the Maryville fans therefore West got hosed by the refs. A very typical post by you. As far as the rest of what you said, (whatever it might mean) I could care less and this is obviously a lot more important to you than it is to me. Bye

Apparenently it is important to you, you are still posting & spell checking. I guess you really told me off. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Here is what you evidently did not hear. West had 35 yards in penalties. Maryville had 101. Maryville had a penalty called on them once when a flag was not even thrown. Maryville had two different drives with 25 yards or better in penalties that killed them and also had a touchdown called back. West's right tackle was holding our defensive end all night long. He finally tackled him and they called it. Oh yeah, Maryville was called for an illegal block in the back. When WEST had possession of the ball.

Take that anyway you like, but that is what I SAW.

Pitifull several times the west RB was falling forward and no call.Then they called one 2 plays later that was no penalty at all.One of the officials did not have a flag at all. I saw another one ask him and he grabbed at his back pocket and shook his head no.

Now for game that loss goes to the coach who would run all over Maryville and then pass at the goal line.Our D could not stop the run but West gave us a break everytime when they got close.

Would whining be considered middle school BS? If so, you would be caught up in it.

try not look down your nose at us with a Maryville complex, are you taking yourself too seriously or are you just arrogant? Wink, wink means that the streak is alive & West fans state they had a problem with the refs as well, but Maryville won, wink wink..

By the way, most teams you play where officiating comes in to question are going have to what you call a Maryville complex & making that statement is the most self righteous, conceded, outrageous statement I have ever heard. That includes some of my posts as well .

very insightful and intelligent, wink wink