Lookout Valley @ Gordonsville

croz6110

It was told that it was built on county land,owned by the county,and that the county was paying all the ulities on it,so if the county pays for ulities ans etc.,then shouldn't it belong to the county?

So that means since the county pays the utilities on the gordonsville jungle does that belong to SCHS too, can they go over there anytime they want and practice. I don't think so, if it truly belonged to the county as a whole then why doesn't the county pay the note on it. The land it is built on is for SCHS just as your field and new school is on land the county owns for Gordonsville High. There are no tax dollars going to the IPF, but I do think it was a kind gesture for the Owls to let the Tigers get in a good practice in it since it was raining cats and dogs today. Too bad they couldn't have practice together that would have done both good going into Friday night.

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So that means since the county pays the utilities on the gordonsville jungle does that belong to SCHS too, can they go over there anytime they want and practice. I don't think so, if it truly belonged to the county as a whole then why doesn't the county pay the note on it. The land it is built on is for SCHS just as your field and new school is on land the county owns for Gordonsville High. There are no tax dollars going to the IPF, but I do think it was a kind gesture for the Owls to let the Tigers get in a good practice in it since it was raining cats and dogs today. Too bad they couldn't have practice together that would have done both good going into Friday night.

I was only stating what I heard.Frankly,I could care less where either team practices at.Yes,it was a nice gesture on Maynord's part to let us use it.I wish both teams good luck in the playoffs.

Zone, I'm getting to old for this. I need some baseball in my life. Daniels College team starts in Jan. I dont know if i will make it. HA HA! Sorry MO$$$ having a bad Postal Day!!!!!

I forgot about that....MO$$$$ better be careful because RCR might actually go "postal" on you /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Tell Daniel I said best of Luck. Where is he at???

I was only stating what I heard.Frankly,I could care less where either team practices at.Yes,it was a nice gesture on Maynord's part to let us use it.I wish both teams good luck in the playoffs.

Practicing inside @ SC???? I thought those G-men were tough. /ohmy.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" /> /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> SP doesn't even have a gym to practice in...if it get too muddy we just move to the parking lot /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

Nice try cheesecake. You are not from GV!!!! I would wager you are from Westy. Get back on over to Basketball, and quit trying to stir the pot. I hope you SC folks dont believe this bull. Either from Westy or one of the dying few that think there is a ditch dug between GV and Carthage to separate the county. See my post on the SC thread about this. For cheesecakes information the players from both teams hold each other in high regards. Most are friends, or relatives. The divide and conquer will not work for you. Sorry. Not to mention the coaches are also tight. Otherwise this would not have happened. Again, nice try. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Nice try cheesecake. You are not from GV!!!! I would wager you are from Westy. Get back on over to Basketball, and quit trying to stir the pot. I hope you SC folks dont believe this bull. Either from Westy or one of the dying few that think there is a ditch dug between GV and Carthage to separate the county. See my post on the SC thread about this. For cheesecakes information the players from both teams hold each other in high regards. Most are friends, or relatives. The divide and conquer will not work for you. Sorry. Not to mention the coaches are also tight. Otherwise this would not have happened. Again, nice try. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

You are exactly right we pull for one another (all of those who aren't tunnel visioned) except one time a year and that is in all sports. I wish the TIGERS best of luck this friday, give it to them. I hope everyone stays injury free and keeps on playing all the way to the boro. /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Practicing inside @ SC???? I thought those G-men were tough. /ohmy.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" /> /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> SP doesn't even have a gym to practice in...if it get too muddy we just move to the parking lot /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

They got ran out of the parking lot by police for lottering. GV aint practicing. So they went and hung out in Carthage to get out of sight. Why practice if you dont stand a chance???? Coach D called and said, hey ole buddy can we come hide over there for a couple of hours. He said sure but take off your shoes. Dont need to wet the carpet. So they went over and ate pizza, and played cards. Thats the skinny on the GV practice today. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Good post, MO$$$$. As I said on the SC/YAI thread, it's good to see you guys doing that.

Ignore the guys with the big paddle & the pot.

Go TIGERS & OWLS.....fill Smith Co. up with Gold balls.

I am from GV!!!! Lived here for about 25 years.And another thing,I am not trying to divide anyone.The reason that I said that I could care less about the practices,is that my son doesn't play football at GV anymore.He's paided his due and moved on in life.Yes,I am a fan of GV,cause my children went to school there.I respected the coaches and staff,except one person,that i will not mention.So I don't think you should say,I'm trying to stir the pot.I,m trying to divide and conquer theory.Best of luck to both teams.

MO$$$$ will send your blood pressure up if you let him. He is pretty good at rattling cages but he is actually a pretty good guy. Just laugh, then get in there and get after him right back /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Who me? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Surely not. You cant upset a banjo picker. They have to think fast to play a banjo that quick. They dont have time to be upset. If I upset someone Im sorry. My intentions are pure. Not only that the keyboard works both ways. Use it. I think this is an amusing way to past time and not watch TV and see the problems we have and dwell on them. If I cant correct it, I dont need to hear about it.

I am from GV!!!! Lived here for about 25 years.And another thing,I am not trying to divide anyone.The reason that I said that I could care less about the practices,is that my son doesn't play football at GV anymore.He's paided his due and moved on in life.Yes,I am a fan of GV,cause my children went to school there.I respected the coaches and staff,except one person,that i will not mention.So I don't think you should say,I'm trying to stir the pot.I,m trying to divide and conquer theory.Best of luck to both teams.

Where would you hear a rumor like that? Its common knowledge that the SC QB club and donations paid for the building. An attempt was made to start a QB club here but it was shot down immediately without vote.

This only happened this afternoon. My, how fast gossip travels. Maybe if word traveled as fast as to how bad we needed a QB club things would be different. Then, only distorted or false news travels that fast. I dont mean to get on your case. But dont beleive anything your hear, and pass it along if you dont know its a fact. See what happened this time? The tounge is sharper than the sword. Guess where that come from??? Means dont gossip. It not only offends people it makes enemys. You dont want that do you?