MBA vs. Father Ryan

Hadouken

yeah the only way MBA could have won the last 11 years is that they paid the refs, ther's no POSSIBLE WAY that they simply had better teams

vols98...the quote that you bracketed was dripping with sarcasm...someone may be able to fix one game but there's no way they could do it 11 consecutive years....as some at Ryan would have folk believe!

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because you werent crippled and you werent cheated by refs. LoL.. seriously..

really, 3, possibly 4, fumbles (clearly MBA's) called back, 1 for a touchdown. Wise:leg injury, limping severly. Bailey: MCL injury, probably shouldnt have played, not nearly 100%. Waddey: MCL injury, out. Rolfe: still with a broken toe, not 100%. Cole: banged up, not 100% by any stretch of the imagination. Lipscomb: stinger, nursing a concussion. All are key players, all are healthy now, so if thats not banged up, well then, Hadouken, just what is???

really, 3, possibly 4, fumbles (clearly MBA's) called back, 1 for a touchdown. Wise:leg injury, limping severly. Bailey: MCL injury, probably shouldnt have played, not nearly 100%. Waddey: MCL injury, out. Rolfe: still with a broken toe, not 100%. Cole: banged up, not 100% by any stretch of the imagination. Lipscomb: stinger, nursing a concussion. All are key players, all are healthy now, so if thats not banged up, well then, Hadouken, just what is???

You make these excuses that your team wasnt 100% which is just crock. The fact of the matter is that Chris Jordan did NOT play at all. If your gonna have players whine at how they couldnt play at 100%, then please.. spare me, players play through pain all the time. MBA wasnt the only one hurting that night. If those 2 teams meet in the state title, BA is gonna unload some wrath on ya, as much as Id hate to say.

I think that is banned in both FL and TN.

Are you going to make it to this game on Friday?

Would love to be there for this one, but I probably won't make it back to Nashville until late winter, or early spring. The Ryan game was the first MBA game I've seen since '94.

So that no one can call this a peronal conversation, let me raise a game-related point: did anybody else notice the relative success Ryan had in the first game running to the left side on pass atttempts? I don't know if the pattern cleared out most of the left side, or if MBA lost containment on their right end, or if they overpursued. At any rate, they seem (painfully) susceptible to a sort of modified QB draw. The Ryan QB seemed to be a pretty decent runner.

You make these excuses that your team wasnt 100% which is just crock. The fact of the matter is that Chris Jordan did NOT play at all. If your gonna have players whine at how they couldnt play at 100%, then please.. spare me, players play through pain all the time. MBA wasnt the only one hurting that night. If those 2 teams meet in the state title, BA is gonna unload some wrath on ya, as much as Id hate to say.

really???? how about you try going out and playing with something like a sprained MCL or a broken toe, or bone cracks in your legs, then well see whos whining. and yeah, players play through pain all of the time, but they dont play as well, I thought that was somewhat self explanatory, but maybe not

I think MBA was the one Laughing Out Load after the first BA game. BA "may" take the next match up if they both play for the title, but you can't take the first victory away from them no matter how many excuses you give! You are the one that has to prove you can beat them.

I assure you, that if BA is fortunate enough to play and win the state title, they will not care to even think about taking your first victory away. I know that after losing to McCallie last year, during the season, it made the state championship that much more sweet. There is no doubt it was the same for you guys in 2002 and 2003.

By the way "Laughing out Load" sounds like it would be rough on your internal organs. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

really???? how about you try going out and playing with something like a sprained MCL or a broken toe, or bone cracks in your legs, then well see whos whining. and yeah, players play through pain all of the time, but they dont play as well, I thought that was somewhat self explanatory, but maybe not

Your making it look like MBA is a bunch of crybabies. Oh wait, they are. MOMMY, I hurt my toe : (.

Go Irish.

Your making it look like MBA is a bunch of crybabies. Oh wait, they are. MOMMY, I hurt my toe : (.

You are a cry baby as well from reading your postings about DL /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Do not be so quick to judge others young one /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I agree wholeheartedly with the post on the first page that this rivalry should be treated with a little more respect...It`s been over 35 years since I roamed the halls on Elliston place, so I guess I`m closer to cro-magnon status....I am under no illusions about the game Friday. MBA should, and, probably will win this game. They have clearly demonstrated their penchant to win against quality opposition this season. They don`t do anything fancy, but they do have excellent execution and don`t make many mistakes....That being said, I`m still proud of the Irish.....They WILL show up at MBA and play the game!! ...They have made steady progress under Coach Lussier......This year, they were able to defeat every team they were supposed to...and , if their 3 losses come to MBA and Brentwood Academy, that`s nothing to be ashamed of.....Considering where we were 4 years ago, I`ll take 9-3...This year has been a lot of fun....In the world of Division II, every game you play is against a quality, well coached opponent. Ryan and JPII will always participate with somewhat of a handicap, but that`s life! As former Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld once said, "You go to battle with the Army you have, not the one you wish you had"

Go Irish !!

MBA is one of the classiest schools you'll encounter, to think that they'd pay the refs is absurd.

Also, to think that the MBA students and alums in the stands would allow the Ryan students to storm OUR field and tear down OUR goal posts is ABSOLUTELY ABSURD.

I hope no one gets injured in this game because it is going to be one of the most physical contests of the season.