Cascade vs. Mt. Pleasant

Kevin38

game winner!  

147 members have voted

1. 1. game winner!

This poll is closed to new votes

chimps go bye bye by being absent for 1/2 of the 1st qtr and then giving up the int for a td. QB takes a big hit in the 4th and is still seeing double, then they turn thuggish. Marco has his way with them, as expected

Late hit you mean? and he was fine..... Your right, MP had their way with Cascade, not Marco. The line for MP is the unsung heros for that team. I could of run well behind those blocks. It wasn't as much Marco as it was the running lanes his blockers were creating.

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The game was already decided when this occurred, so I was walking from the visitors side to the parking lot since I had to get up at 4:30 this morning. All I saw was 27 being pulled off the field by another one of our players. This kid has a history of being hot-headed so I was not surprised. I was curious about what happened, so I walked up to the fence on MP's side of the field and ask someone who started it. He said number 78 did. Number 78 was punching somebody while they were on the ground. I thought that was odd since our number 78 rarely gets in the game. That was when he said it was the MP #78 that started the fight. Again, I didn't see the start of it, but it was an 3 MP fans standing together that told me that. Maybe you guys need to watch some film before you start whining about the "travesty"... I'm not defending 27 because like I said he usually in the middle of it, I'm only saying there may be more to the story.

Not whinning about a thing 11. It happened right in front of me (didn't I say that?)and the punch thrown that started the whole thing was by #27 so I really don't need to see any film. Maybe you need to stop listening to hearsay?

Okay, enough of the he said, she said on this game.

Cascade opened up the game as flat as a team can. They gave up 14 points in less than half a quarter to open the game. At this point Cascade finally woke up and started playing ball by easily moving up and down the field. With the game 14-7 and under three minutes to go in the half, Cascade was driving easily for what both sides of the field thought was going to be the tying TD before the half. Anyone on the other side of the field that didn't think we were going in to score with that possesion is lying. We made an ill advised pass that number 30 read perfectly and carried it the other way for about 80 yards. That kid is a heck of a ball player. He made tackles all night. That put MP up 21-7 at the half (not 21-0) as some goof ball reported during the game. The first half was pretty much dead even in yardage at this point, I'm guessing, but two turnovers inside the red zone while moving the ball easily against MP resulted in the 14 point deposite. We allowed them to march straight down the field and score easily on the opening kickoff of the second half. Cascade then scored on back to back possessions eating up most of the clock in the third quarter and first part of the 4th quarter. At this point, down 28-21 with 7:40 on the clock, our coaches decided to try an onside kick. This resulted in giving MP the ball on our side of the field and essentially took the wind out of a 14 point rally and the defense didn't hold. MP easily moved the ball down and scored making the score 35-21. Cascade never recovered after that. No matter what anyone says, that is how the game went down.

Mt. Pleasant is a huge physical team that are terrific up front. They have a good back that has a God-given knack for reading blocks. He is one of the best I've seen at finding seams in a defense. He is tough to tackle, but his ability to read those blocks is his biggest asset. We made him throw the ball one time all night and it was the ugliest pass I've seen this year. He is not a QB, he is a runner. I don't see them getting past Jo Byrns next week without Jo Byrns making #12 throw the ball. Their entire offense consists of lining number 12 up in the shotgun about 10 yards in the backfield and him picking holes to run through. I don't understand why this is so hard to figure out how to stop, but I'm not a coach and it has worked pretty good for them in the past four years. I don't see JB allowing it, but I was wrong about us allowing it last night, so we'll see next Friday.

Not whinning about a thing 11. It happened right in front of me (didn't I say that?)and the punch thrown that started the whole thing was by #27 so I really don't need to see any film. Maybe you need to stop listening to hearsay?

Again, I'm not defending his actions. He is usually in the middle of it. I knew who it was even before I could see the number. All I'm saying is there was probably more to it than what you saw. I know your not gonna try to sell me on the notion that no one from MP ever gets a cheap shot in...

Great game by the Tigers!! I give the MP Defense an A-, They played pretty good against the pass,although struggled some with screen passes. I was suprised with the way the O line pushed Cascade around! Cascade had some good size up front! MP had some players to really step up, Julian Corlew #30 and Preston Gilbreath #88! The biggest play in the game came near the end of the first half, with Ju Ju coming up with a big interception returned to the house as Cascade was driving looking to tie it up at the half! As for Marco, what can you say, he just does it over and over, he was just unstoppable again! I don't know how many yard he had but had to be 200+ and with 4 TDs!!

As we all heard on here before, YOU STOP MARCO YOU STOP MP! Ok well you're probably right, but thats easier said than done!! Good job MP, Jo Byrns bound!!

Good post, can't argue with anything you said. Appreciate you not gloating like some. What happened at the end of the game ticked me off just as much as ya'll. I fussed all the way home about how one bone-head action makes the entire team look bad. They really are a good bunch of kids and hopefully at some point in time something is done about the crap that went on last night. My apologies. Whether he started it or not, I don't know. At some point in time these kids are going to have to grow up and take responsibility for his actions. Until we make an example that this will not be tolerated from our kids, expect more of the same!

Number 30 was your MVP! Incredibly gifted ball player. 88 also had some great plays.. I can't say good luck because I would like to see Jo Byrns advance, but I will say "stay healthy" and congratulations. Your kids earned it!

Again, I'm not defending his actions. He is usually in the middle of it. I knew who it was even before I could see the number. All I'm saying is there was probably more to it than what you saw. I know your not gonna try to sell me on the notion that no one from MP ever gets a cheap shot in...

So that's twice you've said that #27 was a trouble maker and yet you still want me to think there was more to it than my own eyes saw? /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" Cheap shots are a distastefull thing that comes with football there my man, but there's a huge difference between a cheap shot and trying to knock somebody's block off. The mTp kid was down on the ground after the play, with #27 on top of him. Getting up after the play #27 was grabbing the mTp kid by the face mask shaking it back and forth while the mTp kid was holding his hands up in protest towards the ref who was 5 ft away from them on his way to stop #27 when he threw the flag. That's when both of them was standing there argueing still when #27 lunged towrds the mTp kid hitting him in the face mask or face with his punch. That's when the mTp boys grabbed the mTp player and pushed him away so he wouldn't be in trouble and the Cascade guys grabbed #27 and tried to take him away while he was still lunging at mTp players. As far as I'm concerned, the mTp players shoudn't be punished for, what I clearly saw in front of me, what #27 started.

So that's twice you've said that #27 was a trouble maker and yet you still want me to think there was more to it than my own eyes saw? /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" Cheap shots are a distastefull thing that comes with football there my man, but there's a huge difference between a cheap shot and trying to knock somebody's block off. The mTp kid was down on the ground after the play, with #27 on top of him. Getting up after the play #27 was grabbing the mTp kid by the face mask shaking it back and forth while the mTp kid was holding his hands up in protest towards the ref who was 5 ft away from them on his way to stop #27 when he threw the flag. That's when both of them was standing there argueing still when #27 lunged towrds the mTp kid hitting him in the face mask or face with his punch. That's when the mTp boys grabbed the mTp player and pushed him away so he wouldn't be in trouble and the Cascade guys grabbed #27 and tried to take him away while he was still lunging at mTp players. As far as I'm concerned, the mTp players shoudn't be punished for, what I clearly saw in front of me, what #27 started.

I'm not going to sit here and argue all day with you about it. As I've now said three times. I didn't see the start of the fight, so I can't say for sure what happened. All I'm saying is that either you didn't see everything, or they need to fire every official that was on that field. If it went down exactly as you said, then your kid would NOT of been ejected. If it indeed happened as you said and nothing else happened, then TSSAA needs to fire whoever ejected your kid.

I'm not going to sit here and argue all day with you about it. As I've now said three times. I didn't see the start of the fight, so I can't say for sure what happened. All I'm saying is that either you didn't see everything, or they need to fire every official that was on that field. If it went down exactly as you said, then your kid would NOT of been ejected. If it indeed happened as you said and nothing else happened, then TSSAA needs to fire whoever ejected your kid.

Now the second part to what you said is about right. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Big Bigby, They would never admit to who started it anyway. #27 was most likely a Senior, knew he got his butt kicked & wanted to be a sore loser.

mTp has to stay focused next week & WE CAN BEAT JO BYRNS........

/thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> WH it really looked that way on the field, but it's surprising to me that some are starting to act like it here. I was really expecting better? I will give a pass since it's just after the game. Emotions........you know... they usually run high after a big loss, especially when they just knew they had mTp's number. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I agree with you Cascasde 11. Enough of this he said,she said crap. Cascade got owned. You say they moved the ball easily on MP, but I disagree. I saw only one sustained drive the entire game. Cascade's QB is what kept the champs in the game. Intital plays broke down and used his legs to get out of trouble. Throw in some penelties by the Tigers and thats how Cascade moved the ball. To sit here and say that Cascade was going to score right before halftime is a joke. There is difference between talking and doing and MP did it. Cascade ran there mouth before and during the game with their cheap antics. Basically, they wrote a check they couldnt cash.

Now for the MP team. Great job. You guys did your talking with great plays and domination. You could clearly see it was the game plan of Cascade to take cheap shots and do unlike football antics to take you guys out of yall game and you guys stayed focus. Your show down vs. JB is what evrybody knew was going to happen. Again stay focus, you play like that again and you can beat JB.