Cascade vs. Mt. Pleasant

Kevin38

game winner!  

147 members have voted

1. 1. game winner!

This poll is closed to new votes

Woah, woah woah. You say we need to take risks, but you ealier said you disagree with the risks that Coach takes on 4 downs. Well, what risks do we need to take? I personally am going to call the Tommy Wolaver or Webb Williams and tell them they need to get you out there. Obviously Smith doesn't know what he is doing.

Actually this is what he said..."He is good coach in some ways. He takes some risks on 4th down. I like some things about his style. Believe me, it could be better though."

I read it that he likes the fact that he takes risks on 4th down...

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually this is what he said..."He is good coach in some ways. He takes some risks on 4th down. I like some things about his style. Believe me, it could be better though."

I read it that he likes the fact that he takes risks on 4th down...

Thanks 11, I couldn't find that post. i don't know why u guys keep getting my posts backwards. Maybe I need more concise sentence structure or something.

Someone probably will if they keep this scheme and don't use their other weapons and believe me they have other weapons they aren't using. #30 could be an all state wide reciever. He is an all state DB. #88 could be like Kellen Winslow Sr. or Jr. at the single A level. Is he? NO. Why not? Lack of imagination throughout the season with the football team.

Marco is a great high school football player. If he were a little bigger he could make it at the next level and he may get a chance but... size matter, and he is not very big. #88 is also a big time player. I don't know if he was just having a break-out game or if he plays like that all the time but I suspect it is the later because I noticed that you could tell where Marco was going to run by where #88 lined up. Marco followed #88's block on almost every play. If last night's game is a good example of his playing ability then in my opinion #88 is a College prospect.

Dang MP87 didn't know you had two screennames. This sounds like one of your moronic rants...Hmmmmm

Nope I just have one screen name. It is just another really wise person who saw the game as it was. Thats all!!!!

I am not a MP fan...altough I do respect what they have accomplished...but If I had Marco I would give him the ball a ton also...he is too good a player not to get alot of touches

Again Jax. You da man!!!!!!

Not into all the negative talk but just wanted to give props to both teams on good seasons. Someone has to win and someone has to lose.

I agree with C11 in that #30 for MTP was really good. Obvious props also for Marco and the Cascade quarterback, Carkuff.

As for why is it do difficult to stop something that you know is coming; Execution and pure God-given ability. People in the NFL know that Manning and Brady will throw it all day but they can't stop it because their line blocks and their talent takes over. I believe that Carkuff could run alot more and people would have a hard time tackling him because he has excellent instincts and cut-back ability. Same for Marco.

I tried more than a handful of times to tackle a kid in high school who ended up as a wide receiver in the NFL. We knew he was going to run it but it was like tackling air, just can't get a grip on it.

Good season to both teams and Good Luck MTP

That lack of imagination has led our team to their 3rd consecutive quarterfinal appearance and 4th consecutive region championship.

But the lack there of has prevented them from getting further than that. They are a very good and talented team but MP63 is right, they could be oh so much better if they maximized the potential of their athletes. Everybody says "well it is working" and well it has, however, you should be looking down the road when the athletes on the other side are close to the ones on your side in ability.....

congrats to MP, this was a great match up of two evenly great teams. When two great teams play each other, the team that makes the fewest mistakes wins. MP was on top of their game and cascade had two costly turnovers in the red zone that cost them big time. Marco is incredible, what sets him apart from everyone else is he does not let one man take him down. As for the fight, hey its football and when you have two great teams that want to win that will sometimes happen. Cascade players have nothing but respect for MP and fans dont need to make this bigger than it really was both players threw a punch and both got ejected. It doesnt matter who started it. Good luck MP next week you have a great team.

Marco is a heck of a player but I'd rather see him at running back. When he's at qb you greatly limit your options. MP basically runs four plays: QB dive QB sweep RB dive and occasionally a play action pass. Tell me a good defense won't stop four plays. Marco is doing it all on talent, its not coaching. Cascade was in position to make plays all night but weren't physically capable of tackling Marco. MP will run into a team with some good LBs and that will be the end of the road. With that offensive setup what are they gonna do if Marco gets stopped, or I should say slowed down.

After stepping away this morning, I was thinking of the teams that put MP out of the playoffs since Coach Smith was here.

Ezell Harding 2003 - first round

DCA 2004 - quarterfinals (state champions)

Jo Byrns 2005 - quarterfinals

Jackson Christian 2006 - semi finals (state champions)

2003 doesnt count as it was his first year and his system was going in.

2004 MP could have been using any offense possibly concieved, they were NOT beating DCA. DCA could have won the 3A state title that year

2005 Marco was a starting tailback and lost to JB (hmmmmm thats intresting)

2006 With Marco at QB, MP beats JB and andvances to a semi final game for the first time in school history. They lose to the eventual state champion for the 2nd time in 4 years.

So according to the facts, MP is more successful with this present sytem than anytime in school history.

There is some food for thought, not saying you are wrong 63, I'm just looking at the past. He has changed the system to suit his athletes.

After stepping away this morning, I was thinking of the teams that put MP out of the playoffs since Coach Smith was here.

Ezell Harding 2003 - first round

DCA 2004 - quarterfinals (state champions)

Jo Byrns 2005 - quarterfinals

Jackson Christian 2006 - semi finals (state champions)

2003 doesnt count as it was his first year and his system was going in.

2004 MP could have been using any offense possibly concieved, they were NOT beating DCA. DCA could have won the 3A state title that year

2005 Marco was a starting tailback and lost to JB (hmmmmm thats intresting)

2006 With Marco at QB, MP beats JB and andvances to a semi final game for the first time in school history. They lose to the eventual state champion for the 2nd time in 4 years.

So according to the facts, MP is more successful with this present sytem than anytime in school history.

There is some food for thought, not saying you are wrong 63, I'm just looking at the past. He has changed the system to suit his athletes.

The main difference in that JBS game than any other time mTp will ever play them is that Clay Head was playing QB and he had the ability to will them to a win. I believe out of the last 3 years the 2005 teams were the best JBS/mTp teams in this recent series.....

An even better mTp team was the team that went 10-0 the prior season w/ Theo Fenessy (not sure on spelling) and that other guy they had, his brother maybe. I agree w/ MP87 on this fact though (imagine that) DCA that year just had an amzing team which is why they beat mTp. This is just my opinion though, how do you think they compare MP87?

The main difference in that JBS game than any other time mTp will ever play them is that Clay Head was playing QB and he had the ability to will them to a win. I believe out of the last 3 years the 2005 teams were the best JBS/mTp teams in this recent series.....

An even better mTp team was the team that went 10-0 the prior season w/ Theo Fenessy (not sure on spelling) and that other guy they had, his brother maybe. I agree w/ MP87 on this fact though (imagine that) DCA that year just had an amzing team which is why they beat mTp. This is just my opinion though, how do you think they compare MP87?

If Mt. Pleasant had the 2004 team it would be almost impossible for them not to of gone 15-0.

Did you see MP's 2004 team? Not being a smart elic, but from top to bottom, that team was loaded. They beat FRA in the first round and CPA in the second. The third ABC school DCA was too much. This is just a opinion so dont get mad, but if the ABC schools were in 2A that year MP walks to a state title. After that year, I think this years team is by far the best.

I havent seen JB this year to compare them to your 05 team. JB's team last year wasnt to far off for the 05 team though. Tuck was a bad man along with Moody.