Cascade vs. Mt. Pleasant

Kevin38

game winner!  

147 members have voted

1. 1. game winner!

This poll is closed to new votes

Pred, if you come next week, you better put a leash on the youngun'. I started to pick up another kid I thought was him when he went missing and that kid's mother was not a happy camper. There were too many 3 year old blonde headed kids running around last night. /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

He was a handful today at the Blue Rai_ers game as well! Someone gave him too much sugar on Friday at his school! Then the Blue Rai_ers played like crap, grrrrrr! Yes I bet that mother was not too happy lol. The little bugger followed some other kids lol.

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the info. I would caution against making common opponent comparisons. Not only are the opponents different from when each team played them (McEwen's starting QB is out with a broken leg.), but our individual teams are different. I can safely say, the team that only beat McEwen 17-14 will not be the team that shows up next week. I'm sure you would say the same thing about the team that got beat by Moore County last week. Bottom line, these are high school kids and you shouldn't read too much into what they do in any given game. Look at the season as a whole and you'll get a better picture. I hope MP is at full strength next week. We've still got a couple of kids banged up, but were getting more healthy. One of our starting linebackers has some lingering injuries and another one didn't see the field a lot last night after getting released the day before. I think he was held out more for precaution than anything, but should be on the field more next week. I'd like to see both teams at full strength next week so we truly can see how they matchup.

Just for the record, 6 of the quys who were on the field the night we played Cascade, were not on the field last night. However, the ones who were out there gave it everything they had till the final buzzer. With us having played both Mr. Pleasant and Cascade, I predict the winner of next week's game will be the one that truly, TRULY shows up to play ball and nothing less. I was impressed with Marco D., but not with the team as a whole. To be very honest, we had chances to win the game but just could not get it together. We had one TD called back and were in the red zone at least a couple of other times that we could not capitalize on for some reason. The score could have been in our favor, but we just could not make it happen. Yes, Marco ran all over us, but honestly the score did not reflect it as far as I am concerned. We held them several points below their season average. For that I have to give our defense a little credit. Simply put, he is an awesome player. The kid is truly gifted. I have to give him credit.

I have to laugh when people get on here and predict that this team or that will "WIN THIS ONE BIG". It is not going to happen with this game. I think both teams realize what is at stake and will show up to play. That being said, the crowd will be in for a treat. If both teams leave it all on the field, it should be a show down till the final buzzer. Good luck to both teams.

Just a note, Mactown boys may be finished for this season, but I think our guys proved to everyone that we meant business with every game we played this year. Our boys will be working hard in the off season, and I must warn you ahead of time, "WE WILL BE BACK!" GO BIG RED!!!!

Just for the record, 6 of the quys who were on the field the night we played Cascade, were not on the field last night. However, the ones who were out there gave it everything they had till the final buzzer. With us having played both Mr. Pleasant and Cascade, I predict the winner of next week's game will be the one that truly, TRULY shows up to play ball and nothing less. I was impressed with Marco D., but not with the team as a whole. To be very honest, we had chances to win the game but just could not get it together. We had one TD called back and were in the red zone at least a couple of other times that we could not capitalize on for some reason. The score could have been in our favor, but we just could not make it happen. Yes, Marco ran all over us, but honestly the score did not reflect it as far as I am concerned. We held them several points below their season average. For that I have to give our defense a little credit. Simply put, he is an awesome player. The kid is truly gifted. I have to give him credit.

I have to laugh when people get on here and predict that this team or that will "WIN THIS ONE BIG". It is not going to happen with this game. I think both teams realize what is at stake and will show up to play. That being said, the crowd will be in for a treat. If both teams leave it all on the field, it should be a show down till the final buzzer. Good luck to both teams.

Just a note, Mactown boys may be finished for this season, but I think our guys proved to everyone that we meant business with every game we played this year. Our boys will be working hard in the off season, and I must warn you ahead of time, "WE WILL BE BACK!" GO BIG RED!!!!

Making it to the playoffs is a big deal--no matter what happens once you get there--therefore I was surprised that McEwen had as poor a turnout as they did. You sound full of passion--what happened to everyone else?? You are right--Mt. Pleasant was not "on" last night. I can only hope that we will kick whatever it is that seems to get us down and turn up the heat!!! Wish you would come back and see the Tigers play like real TIGERS--Good luck to your team in the future

I have not seen Cascade play this year, but i have seen them in the past. You can be sure they will play really hard nosed football with some good athletes. MP must start playing their best game of the year or the season will end Friday night! MP, you have heard it all year on here, about how Cascade dominated in the scrimmage this year, and how great of a team they are!! I know Cascade has wanted us this year, and believe me we want yall just as bad!! Have a safe trip over!!

Based on what I've read throughout the year, I've got a feeling that something just ain't right over there in Mt. Pleasant. From what I've read, mTp hasn't played to their potential all year. So with that said, I've got to go with the Champs in this one. But I'll say this, it's one thing to stop Marco in a scrimmage type situation but to stop him for 4 quarters is a totally different ball game. I say 34-26 Champs. cascade matches up real well with mTp.

Whenever you decide to get that lazy rear end out of bed, Youngtiger, I'd like to hear your take on the game last night... Did McEwen play a good game last night, or was M.P. just shooting themselves in the foot? That game was closer than I was expecting.

Also, what do you think will be the determining factors in our game on Friday? Where are the matchup problems going to be for both teams? I'm looking forward to watching my first game in The Jungle. Everyone says it is a great Football experience. Make sure you and 88 hollar at us Friday. I'm going to try and get there early and join you guys for some tailgating.. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

MP didn't play the game they are capable of playing. They will need to be more focused against Cascade. I will say they played some of the hardest hitting defense they played all year. We will need more of the same this week. McEwen scored on short fields after a couple of turnovers but we don't have a history of that so I don't expect it to be an issue after a good week of practice. Match ups? Man I wish I knew. Come on and get there early. You know where we will be. It'll be good to talk before the game one or the other of us may not want to talk after the game, well at least for a little while. I don't usually do much posting on the weekends, I have dial up at home.

Pred, if you come next week, you better put a leash on the youngun'. I started to pick up another kid I thought was him when he went missing and that kid's mother was not a happy camper. There were too many 3 year old blonde headed kids running around last night. /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

Don't try to play that off. Everyone knows your so ugly you have to grab them before they get out of diapers to get a girl friend. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

After Friday night I am not sure if I will even breathe until the cascade game is over. It seems as if we are either all there or seriously missing something. However, MTP seems to always pull it out and I hope they do again this weekend, nevertheless I may need oxygen before the game is over! /unsure.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":unsure:" border="0" alt="unsure.gif" />

Don't try to play that off. Everyone knows your so ugly you have to grab them before they get out of diapers to get a girl friend. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Hey, never heard me claim to be good looking. Definitely don't have any money. My wife is seven years younger than me, so you may be on to something there. MP88 did look young enough to be your daughter, so I guess we have something in common.... /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Based on what I've read throughout the year, I've got a feeling that something just ain't right over there in Mt. Pleasant. From what I've read, mTp hasn't played to their potential all year. So with that said, I've got to go with the Champs in this one. But I'll say this, it's one thing to stop Marco in a scrimmage type situation but to stop him for 4 quarters is a totally different ball game. I say 34-26 Champs. cascade matches up real well with mTp.

Yeah I agree w/ you; Marco will have a decent game but him running alone will not be able to beat Cascade and I do not believe he will pass effectively enough to get the job done either.....

And if you have never been to the Jungle, its a great atmosphere to watch a football game. They blast their pre game music, they have fireworks, and the fans are intense as well. Its pretty close to the Jungle! The only problem I had was last year in the 3rd round game vs Jo Byrns, I got into an arguement with a Mt Pleasant fan OUTSIDE the stadium. Apparently some of the fans there are used to parking their cars and standing outside the fence watching the game without going in. He was complaining that we were in the way because the stands were full and there were a lot of people standing. I told him to pay his darn money to get in, THEN complain lol. But all the rest of the Mt Pleasant fans INSIDE the stadium were great!