Alcoa vs. CAK

Tornado89

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow ive been reading these posts everyday this week seeing Alcoa fans and CAK fans go at it, and even a few GP fans throw in their two cents. Im not a fan of any of thes afore mentioned teams, but ever since i played against Alcoa last year in the playoffs ive tried to keep up with any news about them and wish them luck every chance i get. Ive been reading this thread and i know what it is that Alcoa has over CAK this week, and every team that they have played or will play. INTIMIDATION!!!!! Alcoa steps onto the field every week knowing that they are going to win. Knowing that no one has the talent to stay or play with them on either side of the ball. Its just like a Mike Tyson or Muhammad Ali fight every week. Before people even stepped into the ring they knew that it was over, they had no chance. The same thing is going on here, teams look at these boards and read the stories about Alcoa's DOMINATIONS each week and when they get a shot at playing them then the games over before the pads ever get strapped up! Just a little bit of advice to everybody that plays Alcoa, dont be intimidated. They might not play like it, but they do sweat, spit, cry, and bleed just like everyone else. Good luck to both teams this week, but if CAK wants to even be in this game in the fourth quarter then they have to look past that aura that Alcoa has built up and just hit em in the mouth. No matter who wins im sure these teams will battle hard until the end. Good luck!

Can Alcoa better contain CAK's Joseph Bennett this time?

CAK's roster list Bennett as 5`11", 180 lbs? He plays MUCH bigger than that!

I'm not sure why Bennett is listed at that size. All CAK rosters show him right at 200 lbs. That appears to be about right from my estimation. I understand he's been clocked at camp at 4.42. When he's been healthy, the speed looks about right to me too. Wish he had one more year to get to about 210 - 215.

Wow ive been reading these posts everyday this week seeing Alcoa fans and CAK fans go at it, and even a few GP fans throw in their two cents. Im not a fan of any of thes afore mentioned teams, but ever since i played against Alcoa last year in the playoffs ive tried to keep up with any news about them and wish them luck every chance i get. Ive been reading this thread and i know what it is that Alcoa has over CAK this week, and every team that they have played or will play. INTIMIDATION!!!!! Alcoa steps onto the field every week knowing that they are going to win. Knowing that no one has the talent to stay or play with them on either side of the ball. Its just like a Mike Tyson or Muhammad Ali fight every week. Before people even stepped into the ring they knew that it was over, they had no chance. The same thing is going on here, teams look at these boards and read the stories about Alcoa's DOMINATIONS each week and when they get a shot at playing them then the games over before the pads ever get strapped up! Just a little bit of advice to everybody that plays Alcoa, dont be intimidated. They might not play like it, but they do sweat, spit, cry, and bleed just like everyone else. Good luck to both teams this week, but if CAK wants to even be in this game in the fourth quarter then they have to look past that aura that Alcoa has built up and just hit em in the mouth. No matter who wins im sure these teams will battle hard until the end. Good luck!

I'll agree. Alcoa has an incredible football program, on any level, and continues to produce top college prospects on a year in/year out basis. It makes it that much harder to beat a team more talented than you, which Alcoa is more talented than any other 2A school, and was more talented than ANYBODY we played last year, even in the 3A State Championship game, is the fact that there is that intimidation factor. I'll admit, I was really nervous going into Blount County last year when Fulton was going in to face the powerhouse Tornadoes, especially since they shelled us the year before. BUT.....despite the fact Alcoa had the likes of Rae Sykes, Chris Shiverdecker, Randall Cobb, and had won 2 straight 2A Titles EASY, we were confident. We were Fulton. We had won 2 out of the last 3 State Titles in 3A and boasted our fair share of talent and speed as well in Dennis Rogan, JaMichael Mathis, Antonio Hamilton, Dennis Freeney, etc. and had the swagger that we could beat Alcoa, and sure enough, we did in a slugfest. The only team other than Maryville in 3 years, I believe, to beat Alcoa, at Alcoa.

My point is, any team is beatable. Granted, we were the 3A State Champions, still, it showed that Alcoa can be beat in Blount County. Sort've like the Big Russian in "Rocky 4" being cut, showed he was human. Do I think anybody in 2A can beat them? Not likely. Alcoa is just so talented. If teams go into the game scared to death, they don't stand a prayer. As for this game, Alcoa will probably win by at least 3 TD's, but you never know. That's why you play the games. Look at Appy State/Michigan in football, Gardner-Webb/Kentucky in basketball. Anything can happen on any given day. That's the beauty of sports. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

The National Weather Serviceat McGhee-Tyson Airport has issued a TORNADO WARNING for the Springbrook area of Alcoa until 10:00 PM tonight. This includes the areas of: Vose Rd., Faraday St, Lodge St, and Springbrook Rd. Tornadoes could touchdown as far away as Green Meadow, Armona, Rock Garden and Hall-Oldfield.

If you are not wearing the protective Silver and Maroon, you should take cover at once.

There are expected to be several Tornado Touchdowns in the area.

This is a recording.